• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

I'm VERY PROUD of the TEAM

demian

What an outstanding demonstration of never quitting and playing with heart. We were on the brink of getting embarrassed in that third qtr. then the defense started getting stops and Offense was rolling downhill literally it seemed. We were right there to win. I know there are no moral victories, but I will just say for me personally, watching that game made me very proud of our team. Just like Coach said last week after Nevada win, they were over it quickly and on to the next game, same thing this week, on to poly!

bhumble said:
But they lost. I like the effort but no morale victories today. Just win baby.

Yes I agree with you on the "no moral victories" statement. In fact I even stated that VERY CLEARLY in my original post = "I know there are no moral victories" was what I said.

Okay, so there are no moral victories, but the hearty performance and impressive offensive stats are no doubt something to be encouraged and even excited about

.....As disappointed as I was as I listened to the final seconds of the game....and boy oh boy did we have our chances to win that game.....I think the key to the Cal Poly game is how the coaches allow the players to react to the Northern Colorado Loss.......I believe they will treat the " L "....just as they did the " W " before it......reflect and focus on what each of them did.....players AND coaches.....then become determine to make the improvements to play well .....I REALLY like the "moxie" in this coaching staff.....Phenicie in the post game show....when asked about a couple of decisions he had made toward the end....said (paraphrasing)..."We are picked last....We are ALWAYS going to be trying to win the game...."....I LOVED it....a " NEVER Quit " attitude......bring your friends....lets fill the Dome ...AND make Cal Poly sorry it's their week to face us.....Go Bengals !....

clawsout said:
.....As disappointed as I was as I listened to the final seconds of the game....and boy oh boy did we have our chances to win that game.....I think the key to the Cal Poly game is how the coaches allow the players to react to the Northern Colorado Loss.......I believe they will treat the " L "....just as they did the " W " before it......reflect and focus on what each of them did.....players AND coaches.....then become determine to make the improvements to play well .....I REALLY like the "moxie" in this coaching staff.....Phenicie in the post game show....when asked about a couple of decisions he had made toward the end....said (paraphrasing)..."We are picked last....We are ALWAYS going to be trying to win the game...."....I LOVED it....a " NEVER Quit " attitude......bring your friends....lets fill the Dome ...AND make Cal Poly sorry it's their week to face us.....Go Bengals !....

So perfectly said by you Clawsout. Especially this comment = "AND make Cal Poly sorry it's their week to face us".

You guys are all wrong. There ARE moral victories, they are called stepping stones. This team is taking huge steps to building a winning season, and a program. Small things like painting 31 bricks in the hallway from the locker room and putting key wins from the past on them helps inspire the kids, and start new traditions (...sure enough in its first year of existing of the Win Wall, we get to add a Bengal Brick for a key win against Nevada). These guys win on the road against against an FBS team and a coment is made about "ya, but they can't win against a big Sky team on the road". Seriously?! It's harder to win against a Big Sky team on the road then a FBS team on there road?! The concept is Idiotic, and the continued negatively from some so called "Fans" on this board is unbearable.
Demian writes a nice post of how this team is growing, and the immediate response is "they still lost". It's really sad... Coach Phen is trying to build in a new culture that can lead to a winning program. (The Win Wall, the Bengal Walk, having the Poly kids dance a watriors dance, etc.) We need to do our part as Fans and supporters to be just that, Fanatics about our team, and SUPPORT (not tear them down and continue to doubt).
Yesterday my 8 year old son scored 3 goals in his soccer game and his team worked hard and improved. They lost 6-5. Last year they only lost one game, and this year with mostly new kids they are not as good. When he came up to me after the game excited because he had scored 3 goals, I looked at him and said, "YOU STILL LOST, And until you show me that you can win, I'll continue to assume and predict that you'll lose next week too!" My son starting to tear up, looks to my wife standing beside me. She looks down at him and says. "Your dad is just telling it like it is!"
...seriously!? Did we say that to someone I care about?! No, because that's just lame.
Demian, I appreciate your post. And I appreciate the positive attitude you bring to this forum. There's just too much negative in this world.

Now, you guys can make fun of me, and say you're right because the DID lose and they haven't won this year on the road "in the Big Sky".... go ahead. You will still be negative. Right or not, you'll still be negative. And just so you know, negative is not right, it's wrong.

Nice post Demian and BBM...

I hate the term NO MORAL VICTORIES almost as much as I hate the term GIVING 110%.

Coaches and players can't say that moral victories count. But, I guarantee that teams do have moral victories and do celebrate improvements. If you can highlight mistakes and deficiencies you most certainly can find positive momentum in things that are done well.

Don't get me wrong moral victories don't count in the standings or secure a coaches job security. I don't think that I read anything in the original post that stated that it did.

BengalBannMan said:
You guys are all wrong. There ARE moral victories, they are called stepping stones. This team is taking huge steps to building a winning season, and a program. Small things like painting 31 bricks in the hallway from the locker room and putting key wins from the past on them helps inspire the kids, and start new traditions (...sure enough in its first year of existing of the Win Wall, we get to add a Bengal Brick for a key win against Nevada). These guys win on the road against against an FBS team and a coment is made about "ya, but they can't win against a big Sky team on the road". Seriously?! It's harder to win against a Big Sky team on the road then a FBS team on there road?! The concept is Idiotic, and the continued negatively from some so called "Fans" on this board is unbearable.
Demian writes a nice post of how this team is growing, and the immediate response is "they still lost". It's really sad... Coach Phen is trying to build in a new culture that can lead to a winning program. (The Win Wall, the Bengal Walk, having the Poly kids dance a watriors dance, etc.) We need to do our part as Fans and supporters to be just that, Fanatics about our team, and SUPPORT (not tear them down and continue to doubt).
Yesterday my 8 year old son scored 3 goals in his soccer game and his team worked hard and improved. They lost 6-5. Last year they only lost one game, and this year with mostly new kids they are not as good. When he came up to me after the game excited because he had scored 3 goals, I looked at him and said, "YOU STILL LOST, And until you show me that you can win, I'll continue to assume and predict that you'll lose next week too!" My son starting to tear up, looks to my wife standing beside me. She looks down at him and says. "Your dad is just telling it like it is!"
...seriously!? Did we say that to someone I care about?! No, because that's just lame.
Demian, I appreciate your post. And I appreciate the positive attitude you bring to this forum. There's just too much negative in this world.

Now, you guys can make fun of me, and say you're right because the DID lose and they haven't won this year on the road "in the Big Sky".... go ahead. You will still be negative. Right or not, you'll still be negative. And just so you know, negative is not right, it's wrong.

Thanks BBM. That is a great post by you. I knew the "no moral victories" comments were soon to follow when I posted my OP. I understand that from a fans, players and coaches and W-L standings perspective perspective. But I agree with you about the stepping stones concept. I think the stepping stones started to be laid last season AT Montana, with a totally depleted roster due to injuries that team last year (comprised with many of these same players from this season) and laid positive stepping stones in that game, which lead to two solid performances vs playoff teams (EWU on tos & WSU at home) to finish the season. That there game stretch late last season I believe we're stepping stones to this team starting this season 2-2 (with a brick wall win over FBS TEAM). Before that Montana game last year our team would be competitive till halftime and then get SMOKED in second half I embarrassing fashion, which was EXACTLY where yesterday was headed midway through the third qtr but this team found a way to #DIGDEEP inside there souls and stop the downward spiral and turned it all the way around and took the lead and were right there to win it till the final buzzer. As a parent of a player on the team I AM VERY PROUD of the team. Losing sucks and it hurts, we will start to finish those games off with W's I believe. I hope there is a great turnout for the BENGAL WALK prior to this Saturday's game, the players deserve it because they have given the school, the city and family and friends everything they have inside themselves for the last month. Onward and upward. On a side note I think Mitch is working himself into one of the very best recievers in the league. At his age I am not so sure we see him at ISU for 4 years, I think that guy might be able to be an early entry NFL draftee after next season, if he wants to (which of course I have no clue if he wants that or not).

bengalcub said:
Nice post Demian and BBM...

I hate the term NO MORAL VICTORIES almost as much as I hate the term GIVING 110%.

Coaches and players can't say that moral victories count. But, I guarantee that teams do have moral victories and do celebrate improvements. If you can highlight mistakes and deficiencies you most certainly can find positive momentum in things that are done well.

Don't get me wrong moral victories don't count in the standings or secure a coaches job security. I don't think that I read anything in the original post that stated that it did.

Thanks Bengalcub. Very well said by you also

This is not youth sports or high school. This is D1 football where players are on scholarships and coaches are being paid to win games. It is a business. Bhumble summed it up right, win baby win. When you win players, coaches, student body, alumni, and fans celebrate. You lose you say good game, shake it off, and we move on to the next game.

Demian, I agree with you that Mitch is becoming an unbelievably great receiver. The unbelievable part is how in just one season he has made himself into such a high caliper receiver. I hope he stays healthy as he is now. I think he will help spread out the defensive pressure, and allow Mikey Dean to get more one on one in the middle of the field.

Whew! That was a heart breaker watching it in person. So many could've, would've, should've in everyone's minds as the clock struck zero. There were some great takeaways and learning opportunities. Anytime O puts up 42 points, that's success. We had 31 first downs! UNC keyed on select players leaving others wide open which was great. Misdirection and decoys will make trouble with our wide-out and RB performances. Going forward, opponents will have a hard time figuring out who to cover. They did not expect Mitch and that was awesome to watch. He's NFL caliber IMO. UNC kept their O-line and TEs stacked in the box with 3-4 of us on the line. We'll adjust to that. D did great and made some huge plays up the middle, but it seemed like their QB had a lot of time in the pocket and scrambles. Their 6'2" 235lb TE led the team with 4-165yds 1TD and ran as fast as some of our players walk and was seemingly overlooked.

I'll tell you what, our team is pissed right now! They will use that feeling at the end of the game and channel it as motivation for next week. This was no blowout loss where heads are hanging and confidence is down. They want the win they felt should've been theirs and they will bring the pain on CP. ISU isn't rolling over for anyone. We're playing you to the last second of Q4.

Coach Phen and Co. are doing great and giving the players and fans hope and confidence that they have what it takes to compete at the highest level in the Big Sky. This season has been 52 pickup for the entire league. There is no clear cut top or bottom and that makes for a great conference. I hope to see our dome FILLED this coming weekend for homecoming. This will be our first Saturday conference home game and I hope the entire City of Pocatello is there. :D Let's get it Bengals!

A great game to watch, weather was cool but the rain held off until the game was over. As with any game there were a couple of plays that changed the results. The fumble, the blocked kick, and the missed extra point, were the game chargers that prevented our win. Does not change the fact that this was one of the most exciting game's I've seen. Overall a good experience despite losing the game. A local brewer was giving away free beer, the ginger beer was excellent. I actually think the noise we made late in the game caused the QB for NC to commit a procedure penalty.

Latest posts

Back