• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Improve the Radio Stations

notabengalalum

Couldn't make it to the Holt today for the WSU game. Listening to the broadcast in Idaho Falls on KSEI (AM) or 102.5 (FM).
The signal from KSEI is awful as in awfully weak up here. I think you'd be lucky to hear it north of Fort Hall! :thumbdown: After sundown, it's useless.
As fas as 102.5, it's a better signal but with occasional audio hiccups that mumic the quality of an on-field ref microphone breaking up. :thumbdown:
Consider putting the games on KISU-FM. At least the station is easily heard in and around Poky and there's a repeater for IF. And, their internet broadcasts seem to actually work unlike the luck we've had with stretch internet lately.
Poor to say the least.
Now G- Ben-a-s!!

I don't think they could do it on KISU. That station already does ISU volleyball and soccer in addition to women's basketball in November. To many conflicts with multiple games going on at roughly the same time.

PBP

This is what I can tell you. KSEI will never provide a good enough signal after sundown to be heard north of Blackfoot. That's the story of AM radio. FM 102.5 has a great signal, but all of it's studio hardware, including the equipment used for ISU games was physically moved last Saturday from one building in town to another. I'm confident that during the re-installation there was an issue installing a new phone line to it, and I think that's where the problem lies. I'm already meeting with station management Monday and hopefully we'll have today's issues resolved by Wednesday's basketball game. In reality during today's game, the referee's mic WAS horrible. it broke up during the entire game. The streaming problems are also the result of the physical move of the stations.

As for KISU, I appreciate the kind words you've said, but we have also had our fair share of problem with our translators in Idaho Falls and the Upper Valley. We're hoping they're mostly behind us.

Latest posts

Back