• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Improvement

Webcaster

Here is the last line for the Athletics news release:

Idaho State finished the season averaging 20.7 points. The offense has improved the last four years as it averaged 12.9 points in 2009, 15.6 points in 2010, 18.5 points in 2011 and 20.7 in 2012.

Webcaster said:
Here is the last line for the Athletics news release:

Idaho State finished the season averaging 20.7 points. The offense has improved the last four years as it averaged 12.9 points in 2009, 15.6 points in 2010, 18.5 points in 2011 and 20.7 in 2012.

And, the won-lost records again? Yardage and point differentials?

How many of those improved ISU points were scored when the games were already lost (by ISU, of course) and the opposition had in their second and in some cases third string players?

What a crock!

Kramer needs another 2 - 3 years of recruiting to have a winning season. If he cannot have a winning season after 4 to 5 years of recruiting than something is wrong.

Nice article in the Journal describing our schools problem:
http://www.idahostatejournal.com/members/article_f5478b28-31fe-11e2-89a1-0019bb2963f4.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Improvement should be coming soon. Kramer did say, "we improve greatly on Sunday" I am greatly excited for our future.

Season #1 being horrible, is understandable. Not two seasons in a row, with no apparent end in sight. Sadly, I thing Kramer is now forced to go the JC and drop down road just to establish some improvement, then hope his high schoolers grow into football players. This just shows how much of a total mess he inherited. There is always the Hofstra alternative.

Otis:

Mike has made it clear on numerous occasions publicly he will not go the JC route. He may take some JC's next year since he said they had contacted him and the school but unless he changes course, don't expect him to actively go after them or drop down's.

PBP

I'm familiar with what he said, but that was four coaches ago, before he fielded one of the worst BSC teams ever. Without JCs, then he'll need a bus load of Matt Gutierrez type drop downs with good academic standing. If that bus in empty, another one win season, if that. Faced with the prospect of three horrible seasons in a row, I think he'll change his mind, be practical, and milk the JC circuit. Just a matter of practicality, while his high schoolers mature. I would bet the AD would agree, as long as APR is guaranteed.

otis - I do not think Kramer is going to change his mind as he has continued to tell the media throughout the 2012 season that he will not go after JC players or drop down players. He has indicated that a JC player or drop down player will have to contact him if the player is interested in playing for ISU. If he feels the JC player or drop down player meets the ISU academic standards as a transfer he may take a look at him as a player. Based on just recruiting high school players and Kramer indilcating it will take a player 1000 practices to become an experienced player to win games I think it will take another 3 years of recruiting to have a winning program. That would be Kramers 5th year of recruiting. I think the good JC players and drop down players are a dead horse with ISU as most good JC players will transfer to a college that is recruiting him and offering a scholarship. Expect losing seasons for the next 2 years minimum as ISU is building a program from the ground up. I really do not see an improvement from last season to the 2013 season as ISU lost 8 good seniors that were starters (Boyles, Henley, Fuapau, Rouser, Clampitt, Hill, Rumble, and Yost). We need juniors and seniors to be starters, until that time we will be inexperienced and will not be able to compete in games with other Big Sky teams. We will be ranked 13th going into the 2013 Big Sky season so expect 13th at the end of the season.

I don't disagree with you. Thought I had better clarify my post. Yes, ISU will be ranked 13th in the BSC, but are currently 113th out of 122 in the last Sagarin poll.The constraints on Kramer are mostly self imposed(not seeking JCs or dropdowns). The APR has been imposed. Good point about JCs, in general, not being the brightest bulbs on the tree. I mentioned the APR problem, and never would have thought that anyone would be considered unless admitted to the University first(academically sound). Whatever he has tried, Kramer has two seasons down, no pun intended. Tingey, or whoever pulls his strings, has to be prepared to give Kramer 2-3 more years to show improvement. You can't expect 18 year olds to perform like 21 year old veterans. Experience comes with time. I hope Tingey is aware of that.
There are no miracle workers out there in the football coaching world. Kramer is as close to a miracle worker as ISU could ever hope to get, as evidenced by his results with EWU and MSU. He is the FCS equivalent to the Mike Leach hiring at Washington State, in more ways than one. I thought Kramer would be the best choice for head coach long before he was actually hired, and I do believe he will get the job done.

In the last game against Weber State, Coach Kramer mentioned that 50% of his recruiting class will turn out to be good football players in college while 50% of the walk-on players will turn out to be good players in college. I was happy to hear from Coach Kramer that walk-ons can receive a partial or full scholarship. There are alot of good football players in high school that are not offered a scholarship out of high school so they decide to walk-on and try out for a team.

Also, Coach Kramer mentioned that unless he starts getting heat about his job he will continue recruiting just high school players as he feels this is the right thing to do in the continued develeopment of the program. If you see Coach Kramer recruiting JUCO players and obtaining drop down players than he is probably getting some heat from his boses to start winning games immediately.

Latest posts

Back