• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Injuries

biobengal

Mangum; looks like he took a concussion? Was the hit legit? I think the league will review it and possibly issue a suspension.

Some others, Malcom, Prier... who else? Too bad, Kramer was talking about ISU's relatively good injury status.

biobengal said:
Mangum; looks like he took a concussion? Was the hit legit? I think the league will review it and possibly issue a suspension.

Some others, Malcom, Prier... who else? Too bad, Kramer was talking about ISU's relatively good injury status.

I don't think they'll issue a suspension for that hit. He wasn't targeting the head on that tackle.

You gotta hand it to the whole team. On the road and against a team that thought they were in a different league. And the whole time they did it with class. Wish I could have been there.
I was listening on the radio and it seemed like EW was taught well in the art of cheap shots. Kinda disappointed in their sportsmanship. I am glad it appears to be short term healing for the most part.

I wish I could pat every one of those men on the back. You made Pocatello proud today.

EWURanger29 said:
biobengal said:

I don't think they'll issue a suspension for that hit. He wasn't targeting the head on that tackle.

Ahhhh.....did you watch the replay ranger????? That hit is exactly why they suspend people. I believe there will be a suspension.

The hit that "re-racked" Magnum (illegally and recklessly applied) was a turning point because the lack of a call killed our drive when it should have extended it.

Second, it remove one of our greatest weapons.

Then to cap it off, the hit by Eric Nelson on the sliding QB, that again changed the course of the game? Watch the reply. Eric was in the air prior to the QB initiating his slide. So EWU gets a new set of downs when instead they were legitimately stopped.

So that was another homer job by the refs who apparently just weren't ready for an ISU win.

My conclusion? We should have beaten them by such a distance that the refs errors wouldn't get in the way, but we didn't.

A hard lesson, but world be served notice-
ISU IS BACK!!!

The TV crew thought that both were bad calls. I am not certain on the first call to be truthful, but the penalty on the Adams slide was way wrong.

Either way, I can't point to two penalties as the reason that ISU lost. They could have had a pick six and they did get a punt blocked for another TD given up by the Special Teams.

ISU is improved no doubt about it. The next four games are critical. The Bengals should or could win four straight if they play like they did the last two weeks.

I am happy with what I am seeing in the season so far. This team is drastically improved.

GO BENGALS!

This game has always been about the players. With injuries, they should get the medical attention they deserve and the rest that they deserve. I'm confident that this coaching staff has both of these as a solid committment for each of their players. That's how you get players to give a solid, maximum effort that we are witnessing on the field this year. That's how you get a player wanting to go through a wall for you. My hat's off to each player on the field of play. If this kind of solid effort doesn't double the attendance at our next home game, nothing will. Bengal fans! If you don't attend this next game, you're missing the greatest show on earth. Sorry, Cecil B. DeMille. Go Bengals!

EWU got stung by the injury bug too. Their stud QB is out 3 to 6 weeks with a broken foot. Sorry to hear that and hope he can get back to leading his team.

Simon Fraser comes at a good time. Give some players a chance to heal, but put the pedal to the metal for the first half. Then it would be good to see some of the 2's and 3's in the second half, even at QB.

I also feel the Bengals on definitely on the rise, They could have taken Eastern, Mike Kramer has done an awesome job resuscitating the Bengals. Magnum took quite a hit it almost seems like he was targeted, There should be a suspension handed out for the illegal hit.

Razorpa said:
The hit that "re-racked" Magnum (illegally and recklessly applied) was a turning point because the lack of a call killed our drive when it should have extended it.

Second, it remove one of our greatest weapons.

Then to cap it off, the hit by Eric Nelson on the sliding QB, that again changed the course of the game? Watch the reply. Eric was in the air prior to the QB initiating his slide. So EWU gets a new set of downs when instead they were legitimately stopped.

So that was another homer job by the refs who apparently just weren't ready for an ISU win.

My conclusion? We should have beaten them by such a distance that the refs errors wouldn't get in the way, but we didn't.

A hard lesson, but world be served notice-

It does make any sense why the hit on Mangum was ignored by the refs, Everyone witnessed it, even someone with absolutely no referee experience could have made the call.
ISU IS BACK!!!

Latest posts

Back