• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Interesting article of out of Bozeman...

Skippy

...MSU's new president has fully thrown her support behind their stadium expansion:

http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/sports/bobcats/article_b8e393d0-d034-11df-b1c2-001cc4c002e0.html

Skippy said:
...MSU's new president has fully thrown her support behind their stadium expansion:

http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/sports/bobcats/article_b8e393d0-d034-11df-b1c2-001cc4c002e0.html

The Dome that I love will eventually kill Idaho State football. One day--the facility is going to be condemned and when that happens--the game will be over without a plan in place and some progress being made.

I'm abivalent about that one, Cub. I feel that neglecting its facilities over the past 25 years was probably the biggest mistake ISU made with regard to athletics. But I'm not a structural engineer, so I can't begin to guess how long the Dome could be made to survive with the proper "upgrades." But you're right, long-term planning is critical -- hopefully there are such discussions and plans ongoing.

I must say I have been encouraged by the recent upgrades to facilities (video board, lockerroom upgrades, softball stadium, weight room improvements, etc.) -- after 25 years of almost nothing happening, and I'm looking forward to the campaign Jeff Tingey mentioned in his newletter to replace the turf. Let me know where to contribute, I'll definitely be a donor for that one.

I'm more concerned, truth be told, about the future of Big Sky football if Montana leaves the conference. I'd have to believe MSU wouldn't be too far behind them, and that would leave Weber State as the only school that brings any fans with them to the Dome -- or really attracts many local fans. I can only see interest in Big Sky football diminish if the last of the original "rivals" left the league. Indeed, with Appy State, Montana and Villanova all looking at "move up studies," the entire future of FCS football has to be questioned.

In any event, it would be interesting for the Journal or other outlets to sit down with Jeff and Dr. Vailas and do an expansive interview on their long-term thoughts about such things as the future of a Montana-less Big Sky (if it happens), long-term plans for the Dome and other infrastructure, etc. It's certainly a story I'd read.

bengalcub said:
Skippy said:

The Dome that I love will eventually kill Idaho State football. One day--the facility is going to be condemned and when that happens--the game will be over without a plan in place and some progress being made.

Yep CUB...you will miss the days of being locked up in a locker and then being left there for about 2 hrs....LOL

Outside on "GREEN" turf is what football needs. Esp. ISU....We will need at least to re do the football turf asap with Sports Turf in the dome. That will help with recruiting and safety for the players....

Oh yes, those were some great memories. To this day the smell of athletic tape makes me drop into the fetal position. The things that you guys would do to a poor innocent 6 year old kid.

On a serious note. I love the Dome and I really love the atmosphere of a full Dome. Get a new field and paint the seats orange--now that would be cool.

The problem with the new turf--where the heck are they going to put it. Those are some pretty large trays to try to tuck away. I am not sure that they could leave it down year around and host events on top of it, covered of course.

I can see it now--home games at Irving JR High.

The turf they would get would be similar to the one they have up in Moscow. They would lay it down in velcro strips and take it back up after football season is over with, and you'd have a floor in place there for other events. Just need some more money raised to get it.

Latest posts

Back