• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Interesting Tidbit

richchri2

I went golfing with a friend over Memorial Day weekend and I learned something pretty interesting. Aaron Corp, the starting quarterback for USC (yes that one) next season, his father is Chris Corp, a member of the 1981 Championship team (caught a TD in thechampionship game). His mom played volleyball at ISU also. Just thought I would share this interesting tidbit.

That tidbit has been discussed before and pictures of Chris, Mary and Aaron at the USC Spring Game have been posted on this site. I talked to Chris at the ISU spring game a couple of years ago and he was really excited for Aaron. Good on you for reminding everyone, however. Lets wish Aaron well with a big "Fight On!" and Go Bengals. By the way, Aaron didn't throw an interception for the entire spring at USC. He isn't flashy but he doesn't make mistakes.

I understand that Aaron Corp is the front-runner for USC's QB job this fall, but you really can't rule out the possiblity of Mitch Mustain, who used to start for Arkansas, or freshman Matt Barkley to take the reins this fall -- depending on how they all play in fall camp. I can't think of another school in the country that has this kind of depth at the QB position.

Mustain is number 3 right now and Barkley is young. He enrolled at SC early and is still making high school mistakes. He will be the best qb in the country in a couple of years.

Pocatato, about a month ago ESPN did a feature about Barkley, and they just said that he's playing so well right now that he could possibly start -- even as a true freshman. But he probably does need a little time to get adjusted to the college game.

pocatato said:
That tidbit has been discussed before and pictures of Chris, Mary and Aaron at the USC Spring Game have been posted on this site. I talked to Chris at the ISU spring game a couple of years ago and he was really excited for Aaron. Good on you for reminding everyone, however. Lets wish Aaron well with a big "Fight On!" and Go Bengals. By the way, Aaron didn't throw an interception for the entire spring at USC. He isn't flashy but he doesn't make mistakes.

Ahhhh....no. I'm not. Could care less if he is Chris' son. Thanks Chris for all that you did for ISU but I'm not buying into the Southern California connection. Go Buckeyes.

Superfan, you're an OSU fan. So is OSU going to beat USC at the Horseshoe on 9/12? Pryor is supposed to be like the next big thing and USC is reloading.

That depends. Even though the talent we have on both sides of the ball is amazing (Ross Homan, Boom Herron, Etienne Sabino, Dane Sanzenbach, Terrell Pryor and incoming Dorian Bell and Jamaal Berry, to name a few), it's still very young and raw. All of us in Ohio are hoping that Bollman and Heacock open up the playbook and get aggressive on defense (I was happy that we finally did it in the Fiesta Bowl) and utilize something of an open attack on offense (something we've lacked since Troy Smith).

USC is also reloading on both sides and looks to have another incredibly talented team. However, we DO have them in the Shoe this year. I say we edge USC due to the talent on our team (many of these kids we have were pursued by major SEC powers like Bama, Florida, Georgia and Tennessee) and the homefield advantage. It's quite an experience knowing that 105,000 drunk, screaming fanatics are out for blood. And these are hardcore fans, not the laid-back party-going fans that inhabit most PAC-10 stadiums.

Latest posts

Back