• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

ISU 72 Utah 68

bengalcub

I'll get it started--don't focus on the negatives. Celebrate a Bengal victory tonight.

No matter what happened at any point tonight--they found a way to get it done.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IDAHO STATE FTW!!! YEAH!!! YEAH!!! WHAT NOW?! WHAT NOW?! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Lol, yeah. Closing is gonna be real nice tonight :)

Did you see Row dominate that line when it counted? YEAH!

Did you see Stucki bomb 3's like a mad-man? YEAH!

Did you see Kal Bay's f***ing crazy ass 4 point play? YEAH!!

DID YOU SEE THE INSANE WORKOUT I GOT TONIGHT?!?! YEAH!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! PARTY TIME!!! BREAK OUT THE JAEGER!

best half of basketball I have seen by just about any D1 team this year!

that was a HUGE win!

great to see the players respond, GREAT JOB OBRIEN

FEAR the BENGAL!

I haven't been here that long (5 seasons), but the best I have seen a Benagal basketball team play.

Congrats!

( I think it was Joe's new Wooden-like glasses)

Coach on the post game talked about how they decided to play more up-tempo. What a novel idea. This is the team I was telling everyone about. I'm not even kidding, by the time we hit conference, as someone just said, FEAR THE BENGAL! We even got taken by the refs tonight, and still got it done after controlling 95% of the game! Congrats boys!

I've been around forever. I think that this was our biggest non-conference home win since a double overtime win at home against UNLV in 1979 (or was it 1978?).

tuffgong said:
We even got taken by the refs tonight, and still got it done after controlling 95% of the game! Congrats boys!

Wasn't going to mention that...but the officials were lousy as usual. I was surprised that OB didn't blow a vein. How many elbows thrown and jerseys grabbed by their big man?

Fantastic game! Team came out firing on all cylinders and did not let down when Utah made a run in the second half. Nice to see good shooting. Heck, even the fans were hot tonight (BTW, the half-court shot for the 52" TV was made by a regular poster on this board). That game will definitely bring the crowd back for more...and likely with a few friends in tow.

It's interesting that these 10 guys got all the minutes last night:

Monroe, Demetrius
Morgan, Amorrow
Stucki, Matt
Carson, Donnie
Steijn, Lucas
Busma, Deividas
Bay, Kal
Caspari, Felix
Baldwin, Sherrod
Kilpatrick, Austin

It seems like every game one more player sort of "blossoms" for us. I thought it was Busma last night who really had a breakout game. Bay and Caspari continue to show flashes of what they are capable of - I hope both of these guys can catch fire soon as it would really make us a dangerous team!

I still think Baldwin should have been redshirted - give Lacey his minutes (Mike has only two years of eligibility left), and let Sherrod continue to develop in practice. Long-term, that would have been the right strategy as I agree Baldwin has potential.

And what of Phyllip Taylor? Didn't see the floor last night, but he does have some skills. Perhaps he will "break out" soon as well?

Anyways, I am thinking now that if we could win out at home and go .500 in our remaining non-conference road games, we'd be in very good shape heading into league play. :mrgreen:

Finally, a quick look at the teams we've played so far and their respective records:

Eastern Oregon 6-3
Hawaii 3-2
Boise State 6-1
LB State 4-3
BYU 8-0
Wash State 6-2
Utah 5-2

Bengals ought to be 4-3 right now, but last night's win could prove to be a turning point going forward.

Let's hope so!

I watched the first half on Big Sky TV before going to bed; it was the best half of basketball I've seen out of the Bengals in years.

Ute fans are calling for the coach to be fired. See comments at Salt Lake Tribune article below.

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_11158167?IADID=Search-www.sltrib.com-www.sltrib.com

Nice win Coach O'Brien and the team! I was at a wedding reception last night and got to see the last 10min on bigskytv. It was real clear to watch. Sorry i couldn't make it. This is a great win and it was very nice to see Coach O smile. He looked like a little kid in a candy store with that shy grin. The players looked relieved and happy as well on the news. With all the overtime games in the last couple years we come so close on other games and now they have a huge win under their belt and knows how it feels to come out of it winners. This is a great shot in the arm for success. Go Bengals!

Wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. I hope everyone remains as upbeat should the trip to Cheeseland not turn out as pleasant.

I'm simply praying for a split with Wisky and UWGB... After that, I want 4,000+ at our game with USU, and I KNOW that the coaches and players have this game circled after what happened in Logan 2 years ago... They rubbed salt in our wounds, and we haven't forgotten... Please EVERYONE, make it a point to be at the game on 12/20. We need to beat the Aggies, we are due...

Big time congrats to ISU!!

Way to beat the Utes! WSU hasn't beatin Utah in 8 years and we play them EVERY year!

I talked to ISUsuperfan after the game and checked the box score, looked pretty good!! I can't believe Nevell had just 3 rebounds!!

WSU at Utah, Dec 20.

Latest posts

Back