• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

ISU Athletic Department Embezzelment

bengalreporter

Heard from a source inside athletic department that they are investigating an embezzlement case. Sounds like it has been going on for a few years.

In a athletic department which has under performed for as long as ISU, this could be nails in the coffin for Vailas, Tingey, or ISU in general. What is the political position of ISU in Boise? The Prez is leaving anyway, so the 'investigation' will drag on until he is gone. Tingey = toast. If true, heads have to roll. Oversight? Inadequate. NCAA involvement? Will be interesting to watch developments. Hopefully, just accounting irregularities.

No source, no link, just hearsay. Typical BS from some random dude with 1 post and no credibility. Post your name, your source and we'll give this garbage some thought, until then it's just that, GARBAGE.

Of course we all know Otis is going to jump on this as fact and jump to all conclusions to the millionth degree. Stop being a shill until all the facts come out. That's what wrong with this country, people jump on random internet garbage and roll with it without any factual evidence.

http://missoulian.com/news/local/former-employee-pleads-guilty-to-embezzling-from-university-of-montana/article_54536dae-c2e2-11e0-85f4-001cc4c03286.html

http://nbcmontana.com/news/local/montana-ranks-high-in-embezzlement-cases_20160510224502309

https://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/news/former-instructor-charged-with-embezzling-k-from-msu/article_0d51ce93-037b-5d20-85bc-246c75e1bd90.html

http://dnews.com/local/former-university-of-idaho-cashier-faces-charges-of-embezzlement/article_b69268d5-526e-5df2-9cdf-45dff0aa8644.html

https://www.chronicle.com/article/University-of-Idaho-to-Fire/115780

http://archive.sltrib.com/article.php?id=3955423&itype=CMSID

http://archive.sltrib.com/article.php?id=55998066&itype=CMSID

Have no idea what's going on in the athletic department, but unfortunately, embezzlement is an all too common crime found in universities (including UM and MSU). ISU had an employee convicted of embezzlement last year, and he received 14 years probation. When ISU reinstated softball about 10 years ago, the head coach who was hired from Ricks/BYU-I was found guilty of embezzling, and he was also given probation. It's ridiculous that these folks aren't serving some time.

If there is any truth to this, it will depend on the who and the what. NCAA won't give two iotas about this. If anything, ISU will probably add even more oversight over finances, and staff/faculty will scream big brother.

[quote :kisswink: =Tacoma5 post_id=50090 time=1519354017 user_id=1587]
No source, no link, just hearsay. Typical BS from some random dude with 1 post and no credibility. Post your name, your source and we'll give this garbage some thought, until then it's just that, GARBAGE. I

Of course we all know Otis is going to jump on this as fact and jump to all conclusions to the millionth degree. Stop being a shill until all the facts come out. That's what wrong with this country, people jump on random internet garbage and roll with it without any factual evidence.
[/quote]

Personal attacks will be retaliated upon, Tacoma.
Re-read my post, or better yet, get someone to read it to you. Reading comprehension is assumed on a college internet site. Perhaps you could find a middle school or grade school site to pontificate your tripe. :thumbdown:

Personal attacks will be retaliated upon, Tacoma.
Re-read my post, or better yet, get someone to read it to you. Reading comprehension is assumed on a college internet site. Perhaps you could find a middle school or grade school site to pontificate your tripe. :thumbdown:
[/quote]
Apologies Otis, was a little harsh in my response. It just seems as though most your posts paint ISU in a negative light and it's a little tiresome especially when there's been a lot of good things happening lately with this team.

The fact still remains that there has been no source cited and it's probably best if we didn't jump to assumed conclusions such as "nails in a coffin" until something solid is revealed. There's been plenty of "embezzelment" cases as listed in the links above and all those programs including UM are still alive and kicking.

Apology accepted. Your last paragraph said it well without attacking. You do make a valid point about siting sources. Personally, I would never post some made up sh*t to see what reaction it would draw. I was raised better than that, and LONG before the advent of home computers. I admit, I can be gullible. Unfortunately, kids raised after my parenting days have become lousy parents(in many cases)and it shows up in their kids. We'll see how well bengalreporter's one and only post bears fruit. Inside informant or troll.

otis - please know that this is meant in fun....
(...'Reading comprehension is assumed on a college internet site'....)

are you certain the word you're looking for isn't 'citing' rather than 'siting'....?

seriously - just meant in fun

spartan said:
otis - please know that this is meant in fun....
(...'Reading comprehension is assumed on a college internet site'....)

are you certain the word you're looking for isn't 'citing' rather than 'siting'....?

seriously - just meant in fun

Seriously. Do not drink while posting

bengalreporter said:
Falsified time cards
Miss use of tradeouts
Tickets

A player taking a hot dog at someone's tailgate brings the NCAA down like an eagle snatching a fish. Big boys get a slap on the wrist for major CRIMES. Time cards? Fraud. Jail time. Not familiar with "tradeouts." Tickets. Check the price of ISU tickets visa vis the rest of the BSC.
I doubt this whole thing amounts to a lot of money. Double standard NCAA is the concern at this point. Stay tuned.

The NCAA only cares if athletes are involved, otherwise it is an internal thing. Trade out's are when a company trades a service for tickets; when I was working with the team Jimmy John's provided after game meals for tickets for home games. Timecard fraud is strictly an internal issue, I seriously doubt the NCAA cares if no athletes are their families are not involved. On the other hand why would you post anything that you provide no supporting facts for, another person just trying to be important.

Latest posts

Back