• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

ISU Bengal Women Defeat Weber State

spudbowl

Wow, another horrible shooting performance in the second half but the Bengals win 54-52 in the closing seconds in Ogden after losing an 18 point lead at half time. A great 16-5 record and 8-0 in conference but please somebody explain to me the shooting woes.

Not sure what the problem is but I think they are a pretty emotional team. When they get a lead they lose their focus on the offensive end and take a lot of sloppy shots. Also noticed an amazing lack of movement in the second half. Whatever the reasons you have to love a team that figures out how to win, even when they are playing bad.

On a side note. Those Weber announcers were the most pathetic excuse for any broadcast team I've heard in my lifetime. The university should be embarrassed that they care so little about women's sports that they would let these idiots ramble on for an entire game.

Skycap said:
Not sure what the problem is but I think they are a pretty emotional team. When they get a lead they lose their focus on the offensive end and take a lot of sloppy shots. Also noticed an amazing lack of movement in the second half. Whatever the reasons you have to love a team that figures out how to win, even when they are playing bad.

On a side note. Those Weber announcers were the most pathetic excuse for any broadcast team I've heard in my lifetime. The university should be embarrassed that they care so little about women's sports that they would let these idiots ramble on for an entire game.

You have a good point about the offensive problems and yes, championship teams find ways to win games even when they play bad. The NAU game was a really bad game both halves but the team won. I don't know why we cannot choose to have the local (KISU in this case) announcer for Big Sky TV games. In general, I cannot take listening to opposing announcers so I listened to Mark Liptak on KISU. I am sure that more people who watch Big Sky TV is they could listen to their home team announcer.

Here are some numbers that boggle the mind:

Since the start of the 2009-2010 season (Seton's 2nd year) through the Weber State game:

ISU is 29-5 at home
ISU is 5-2 in overtime games
ISU is 15-3 in games decided by five points or less (two possession game)
ISU is 9-1 in games decided by three points or less (one possession game)

Since the start of the 2010-2011 season (Seton's 3rd year) through the Weber State game:

ISU is 34-17 a .667 winning percentage in 51 games played. (And they don't play a soft non conference schedule...)

Let's fill Reed Gym Thursday night. A win over Montana State and they'd be 3 1/2 games behind plus ISU would hold the tiebreaker over them.

Regarding the opponents announcing teams, only five schools currently in the Big Sky have what I'd consider quality announcers (Montana, Montana State, ISU, No. Colorado and Portland State) the rest are usually students or individuals with no real experience or training. Those other schools don't even broadcast road games themselves.

You might want to drop an e-mail to the Big Sky Conference offices letting them know that you'd like to see an option on announcer feeds, it wouldn't hurt.

Regarding the team and the tendency to go into offensive scoring funks. I don't think it's because they loosen up or don't care when they have a good lead...just the opposite, I think they care too much. Once they miss a few shots they start thinking "here we go again..." and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. They tighten up, start short arming shots and the like. Weber State looked completely at ease when they started their run, like they had nothing to lose (and the didn't) they shot free and easy and ISU had no defense against Hughes and Taylor. Teams that have 'big time' individually brilliant, one on one-type players are going to give ISU trouble...right now they just don't have one of two of those types on either end, who can 'take over' a game. ISU is the embodiment of the phrase 'the sum of the whole is greater than the individual parts.'

Give it some time...Seton's only been here three and a half seasons...he's working on it (and as the numbers show he's done pretty well the way it is right now hasn't he?)

:D

PBP

R
egarding the opponents announcing teams, only five schools currently in the Big Sky have what I'd consider quality announcers (Montana, Montana State, ISU, No. Colorado and Portland State) the rest are usually students or individuals with no real experience or training. Those other schools don't even broadcast road games themselves.

You might want to drop an e-mail to the Big Sky Conference offices letting them know that you'd like to see an option on announcer feeds, it wouldn't hurt.

It's the equipment that limits the audio for Big Sky TV. We are given one audio channel, adding an extra audio channel would have to come from the ISP of Big Sky TV. We try to balance out the video,because we have to think of all the viewers.

I would suggest to watch the video but then either listen to the radio or open another tab and listen to the webcast of the audio from the radio station.

GO BENGALS !

Webcaster said:
R
egarding the opponents announcing teams, only five schools currently in the Big Sky have what I'd consider quality announcers (Montana, Montana State, ISU, No. Colorado and Portland State) the rest are usually students or individuals with no real experience or training. Those other schools don't even broadcast road games themselves.

It's the equipment that limits the audio for Big Sky TV. We are given one audio channel, adding an extra audio channel would have to come from the ISP of Big Sky TV. We try to balance out the video,because we have to think of all the viewers.

I would suggest to watch the video but then either listen to the radio or open another tab and listen to the webcast of the audio from the radio station.

GO BENGALS !

The problem is that the radio and the Big Sky TV are rarely in synch. There is normally a 10 second delay between the two making it impossible to enjoy the game that way.

"I would suggest to watch the video but then either listen to the radio or open another tab and listen to the webcast of the audio from the radio station."

As Spudbowl said the local audio is not in synch on the webcast vs. Big Sky TV. I've tried to listen but it just doesn't work. I understand budget limitations and the fact it's a free service, but I think schools have an obligation to at least make an effort to do a decent job.

The Weber State announcers obviously thought they were being amusing and witty as they continually threw around inane comments and insults and stories that sounded more like junior high playground banter than a college basketball announcing team. The fact that a few of their barbs were directed towards ISU fans, Pocatello and Idaho in general didn't help either. (and I'm not from Idaho) They treated the entire game like a joke and rarely said anything that made you think they knew anything about sports. I finally turned the audio off.

I guess Weber State University feels their women's program is not deserving of an announcer that takes their job even slightly seriously. Pretty sad.

Skycap said:
I guess Weber State University feels their women's program is not deserving of an announcer that takes their job even slightly seriously. Pretty sad.

If you've read their message board, this shouldn't surprise you.

Latest posts

Back