• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

ISU/Black Hills State

Bengal Roar

What are the thoughts of this weeks game? The Dakota teams are tough. I hope we give them a spanking.

http://www.isubengals.com/news/2012/9/5/FB_0905122620.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't think ISU will have any problems at all, we should win this game by a big margin. As for the Air Force game, I really didn't think we'd have much of a chance at winning it, but I came away afterwards with a pretty good feeling about the team because of how well they played and the potential they have to do well this season.

I will say that for the Bengal fans who will be traveling to Pocatello to watch the Bengals play, I have a bit of good advice for you. If you're looking for a very nice hotel to stay in and didn't want to pay a fortune, then go to priceline.com and go to the 'name your own price' feature. And from there ask for a two-star hotel for about $35, and you should get the Red Lion Inn in Poky for about $35 plus tax and fees, which would make the price about $45. This is a very good value as normally rooms there are at least $75 or so per night. They've got a nice pool there, hot tub, and I've never had any problems there. Plus they've got a very good breakfast buffet there for $5. This hotel is a very good value relative to the Super 8 across the street, which will charge about $57 or so. The Cottontree Inn, the Clarion Inn, and the Comfort Inn are all nice, which are all located in the Pocatello Creek area, but you're going to pay a fair amount more.

I wouldn't stay at the Motel 6 in Poky again, and the Rodeway isn't bad for about $50, but there are definitely nicer places to stay in Poky. And by all means, do not EVER stay at the Ramada Inn in Chubbuck. That's one of the worst hotels I've stayed in anywhere, and for about $55 or so it's truly a rip. Look at the reviews for the place on Trip Advisor; I'll never stay there again.

Nice win tonight! A slow start, but came on strong. Pleased to see improved tackling, good protection for Yost, relatively few undisciplined mistakes, and improved running game. Great to see significant contributions from freshmen, and nearly everyone getting on the field at some point.

Spartan quote on Sept. 8th: idaho state is at the low end of the big sky… hardly a power by any analysis… we are what we are.. to pretend otherwise is just foolish.

I happen to disagree. Good win Bengals...We are ready for any Big Sky teams..

Spartan is a immature twit that needs a size 16 planted in his hindquarter. A bit of discipline would go a long way with him.

If he weren't so swayed by his vendetta with this team, he would be able to see the steady improvement since the Zamberlain years. No one here has goals for this team that aren't reasonable.

I am so glad that Nebraska has Arkansas State between us and them -- after falling to UCLA tonight, the Cornhuskers will be looking to get its frustrations out on the next team. It will be a privilege to play in Lincoln.

Then, we are back at home to play the Hornets in conference play. I will be in the stands to cheer my son and rest of the Bengals for those games. If Spartan decides to show his face, perhaps he will meet the long arm of the law that is the......

ENFORCER

Great improvement from the fiasco we had before Coach K arrived. Great to see the excitement from the fans today. Lets get even louder next time. GO BENGALS and GO COACH KRAMER :notworthy:

I just wanted to congratulate the Bengal team, players and coaches, for the way they played on Saturday. I was happy to see them win and was totally entertained by their performance.

I'm not sure how good BHSU is but they seemed to be a pretty well coached and disciplined team. Congratulations to them for the way they played, and the class they showed.

I don't know where the Bengals will end up in the BSC standings at the end of the season, but I do know they are a better team than they have been over the last several years. Size, speed, strength, and depth, have all improved and I was particularly impressed with the discipline they displayed. I saw very few penalties of a selfish nature. The penalties I saw, for the most part, were players trying to make plays, and in some instances I thought they made good plays and were penalized for it.

Thanks to the Gate City Rotary for the game day flags. I was proud to have a flag displayed in my yard and had several neighbors ask how they could get one. I'm hoping that the excitement grows and next season more homes and businesses in Pocatello will have a desire to display a flag. (Now if we could just get Arbys to sponsor ISU Football by having Bengal glasses instead of Bronco glasses. :) )

I know the Bengals have a tough challenge against Nebraska in 2 weeks – but enjoy the experience. I’m sure it will be awesome to play in Lincoln in front of over 80,000 fans. Win or lose I’m proud that this team will be representing Idaho State University and Pocatello.

Go Bengals! :clap:

Latest posts

Back