• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

ISU FOOTBALL

blackfootbengal

Let me begin by addressing something that Heater said the other day. Jay! I don't remember anyone saying you were a Kramer hater, many of us did say you are a Zamberlin apologies. You have spent your time making excuses for Zamberlin rather than just admitting he did a really bad job as head coach at ISU.

I was finally able to attend some scrimmages. Unlike most years I have not been able to make it to a practice or scrimmage until the last two scrimmages. I liked what I saw both on offense and defense. Do we need a big NG on defense, yes it would be nice. But Monga is doing a real good job with his quickness and high speed moter. We should be alright on the defensive front until we can get better size, Josh Cutler may be a really good start there. I was a little skeptical about him playing NG until I met him two Saturdays ago at the Dome, big broad hipped and shouldered kid, much like Wievoda was when he came in, just what a NG is supposed to look like in a 3-4 defense. The defense had allot of walk-ons and RS freshman playing in key positions so it is hard to really get a feel for what they will look like in the fall. We have three LB'ers, a NG, Two Corners, and Two Safeties coming in the fall many of them will be competing for playing time so I will withhold making to many claims until we see them in the fall. Albers obviously had a good spring, the question is will that be enough to spring him into a starting spot when Storms comes back. We will see won't we.

I like the spread offense we are running; both Yost and Morris did good jobs passing the ball. For those old timers on the board; watch Yost, I thought it was Hetherington out there. Dispite not being very fast (another Heater observation) our recievers did a good job catching the ball, in particular Josh Hill and Rumble have had good springs. Rubble I understand has been introduced to the world of accountability, i.e playing hard every down, in some discussions with Kramer. What ever it was, it seems to have lit a fire under him. He still drops some passes but over all he is doing well. Josh Hill is becoming a coach and QB favorite, got to love a big kid who runs well enough to get open. McSurdy seems to be more comfortable in his role as a reciever than Daniels does, but Daniels probley has more to unlearn than McSurdy. Both did good jobs with McSurdy playing a little better. Remember, there are five new recievers coming in the fall. Two JC transfers, two Div. I transfers, and a Freshman from Hawaii, all expecting to play next fall. As a reciever, if you expect to play you better bring you A game every day, because if you don't you will not play. We have two new linemen coming in the fall in two Freshman, I would expect both to redshirt. Two QB's will make it ever more interesting in the Fall, Justin Arias's stats are even more impressive than Yost's coming out of Junior College. It wil be good to have some depth at the QB position although I don't expect to lose a QB in practice like we have done the past two years. I understand you get you butt chewed for getting close let alone touching the QB during practices or srimmage.

I expect the defense to get stronger with the two JC corners and Gupton back in the fall. Storms and the three freshman linebackers should make our defense and special teams better. Hopefully Tavoy can pull his head out and get eligible, but if not, I expect the offense to be just fine. Rover is more than solid as a runner and a much better blocker. Daniel could also move back to RB. Additionally, losing one player in a spread is not nearly as devastating as losing a player in many other offenses.

This was a spring to showcase a new offensive philosophy to the community, players and potential recruits.

I read or heard somewhere that ISU had around 40 participants in the spring game because of injuries, academics and waiting on new recruits. So, the team that folks witnessed over the past month will be drastically different in the fall.

In six months, Kramer has addressed immediate needs admirably. I am confident that we will see a more athletic and faster offense in the fall. Plus, I think the defense returns enough talent to cause some problems with opponents. The ISU kick and punt return unit should be one of the very best in the BSC with the talent returning and the influx of newcomers with return game experience.

The big thing now is finishing out the semester strong in the classroom. Plus, a fair number of kids will still need to take care of business during summer school. So, I expect some pleasant surprises and a few major disappointments by the time fall rolls around.

There isn't anything going on right now in the football program that I am not excited about. Kramer will work with the kids that buy into the program, commit to change and put in the work. The kids that resist change won't see the field, although I fully expect ISU cannot run too many kids off without risking APR problems down the line.

Two solid posts, a lot of truth in both of them. Come Fall the team dynamic will change with all the new players coming in and everyone competing for playing time.

And less we forget.. that horrible surface will be gone which should reduce some of the injuries and shredded flesh on the players bodies.

Go Bengals!

Kramer hasn't addressed one key position though. Our kicking situation is just horrible!! I hope I am wrong but if nothing changes, that kid is going to cost us some more games this year. He couldn't even kick a field goal in the spring game. Zamberlin should have taken him with him to Weber. I'm sure they love him down there!

Red Hill said:
Kramer hasn't addressed one key position though. Our kicking situation is just horrible!! I hope I am wrong but if nothing changes, that kid is going to cost us some more games this year. He couldn't even kick a field goal in the spring game. Zamberlin should have taken him with him to Weber. I'm sure they love him down there!

Your concerns are valid. However, I really believe that Garcia will be up for the challenge by the time fall camp rolls around.

Red Hill said:

Okay, enough dogging on the kicker. For f***'s sake, we're not a bunch of POS Boise State bandwagon fans here. The kicker should never have been put into that position by a horrible offense, and BSU's kicker should never have been placed into his position because the Broncos decided to relax on the defense, Austin Pettis' catch in the final 5 seconds notwithstanding. When our punter had 341 yards to the offense's 151 total yards in the Homecoming Game, I'd say kicking is not the problem at all.

It's not like anyone on here could make a field goal under pressure. I can't, you can't, none of us can. So knock it off and quit pissing on Garcia. The kid was depressed after those losses, it's not like he was happy about the misses. Jesus.

Brotzman missed two kicks, Garcia missed four! I agree that I would probably miss a couple but I guarantee you that I would eventually figure it out. “Superfan”, you would have the same concerns about him if you were actually at the spring game. Who’s super now? One more thing, quit eating the meat at Taco Bell. I heard it’s artificial made.

It’s probably because Brad Grittins at channel 6 was a kicker in high school. Those nerds always sympathize with each other. I’m pulling for the kid to do well but I think a little competition might help the team out. I hope I’m wrong but the stats don’t lie. He looked terrible in the spring game. I’ll give him credit though. He did hit all of his PATs

Red Hill said:
Brotzman missed two kicks, Garcia missed four! I agree that I would probably miss a couple but I guarantee you that I would eventually figure it out. “Superfan”, you would have the same concerns about him if you were actually at the spring game. Who’s super now? One more thing, quit eating the meat at Taco Bell. I heard it’s artificial made.

1.) Brotzman missed two kicks that cost BSU a potential national championship game appearance AND if they didn't get in they would have had the Rose Bowl berth. Garcia missed four kicks in a 1-11 season. Yes you want a kicker that can win you games in the clutch BUT with the way ISU has been the last 4 seasons, I'd say the kicker was the least of our problems.

2.) I haven't worked at Taco Bell since last July, and FYI, the meat is real. I've handled it, stored it, cooked it, and panned it up enough times to know it was real.

Super dork; let’s get back to the stats here. Garcia went 4-8 from inside the 40 last year! I guarantee you I could do that. Ironically, he had a better percentage from beyond the 40. As for Taco Bell, I’m curious as to how you handled the meat. Please tell me you used a frying pan.

Red Hill said:
Super dork; let’s get back to the stats here. Garcia went 4-8 from inside the 40 last year! I guarantee you I could do that. Ironically, he had a better percentage from beyond the 40. As for Taco Bell, I’m curious as to how you handled the meat. Please tell me you used a frying pan.

You know, I really suck at mid-range jumpshots in basketball but anything beyond the 3 and I will decimate you with long range DEATH. My range extends to mid-court but anything inside the 3 and I'm screwed. It's not a unique problem. So we can use the kid on long range field goals if time and field position is an issue.

Why don't you offer your services in coaching Garcia then?

I handled the meat by taking the animal out back, stunning it, and offering it to the gods before cooking it to serve you customers. You know, company regulations.

Super fan, I'm glad we could reach a compromise on this. Thanks for all that you do for ISU. It sounds like it's time to trade in my Costa Vida card and go back to Taco Bell. You really made offerings to the gods?

Latest posts

Back