• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

ISU/MSU game

As qb said in the "superfan" thread, TO really hurt the Bengals. I think the ISU D played better than in previous outings. The proverbial "ISU needs to play a full 60 minutes" is front and center as they were dominated in the 3Q. Don't have the stats at this time, but I think ISU had it's initial 1st down in the 2nd half with less than a minute to go in the 3Q. MSU D halftime adjustments stymied the ISU O. ISU O ineffectiveness put a lot of pressure on the ISU D and left MSU playing a short field most of the 2nd half. In the 2nd half, I think you can make a reasonable argument that the MSU coaching staff outcoached the ISU staff. Better pressure by the ISU D this game, but now 8Q without a sack. If RH is going to continue to throw the rock 40+ attempts, he's got to learn to just throw the ball away to avoid negative yardage.

MSU is a good football team, and ISU has shown glimpses of what it can be when they get their stuff together. Effort was good, play calling and coaching not as good as the effort put forth by the players.

Oh well...off to UNC. Will Z-man get his first road BSC win???

From section H in Holt Arena, this is John Clayton, BengalDen.com :D

***Announced crowd of about 6K...thank you MSU fans for traveling well and helping boost attendance.

You guys, I don't know what you guys think, but I'm sick and tired of losing. It's been going on way too long. We've been whipping fodder for the other Big Sky teams way too long, and I'm getting tired of it. I'm just completely worn out right now. We desperately need to make upgrades to our facilities and improve our FB recruiting budget. I don't buy into the fact that that all the other Big Sky teams have made upgrades, and we're the only ones that haven't. Because sure, Montana's got a nice stadium and all, and MSU's made some upgrades. Weber's made an upgrade to their pressbox, but so what, big deal. And an anonymous donor gave EWU $1 million for upgrades to their stadium, but that really isn't much compared to what really needs to be done at that stadium. And what's No. Colorado, NAU, PSU and Sac State done to theirs in the last 20 years or so? ISU isn't the only school with money problems -- there's lots of schools that have them. But looking at the bright side, I know that Jay McMillan and Jeff Tingey are constantly on the phone looking for donations from corporations and wealthy individuals, in order to try to get the money needed to improve our facilities and to eventually see to it that Bengal Village becomes reality.

Right now, though, I don't know if we'll win a game this year. Our best chances would be either next week against No. Colorado, or later in the year against PSU or Sac State. We should be much improved next year, I'm about ready to write this year off. I still think that Zamberlin is the right hire for this program,though, but it may take at least another year or two to see some major improvement. I'm not sure if he's planning on making any changes to his staff, though. Most head coaches here at ISU haven't really made a habit of doing so.

Latest posts

Back