• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

ISU/MSU

loveformybengals

Holy crap that was a fun game. The fans were really getting into it-- and this team is really growing into a tough, competitive organization.

Our criticisms in the last two months have all been answered by a rock solid defense- tough penetration on offense, and great movement on the floor. Bravo to the coaches and players for stepping it up 10 notches. It was fun to cheer for you tonight!

I liked the pressing we did in the first half--that really set the tone.

Players, you showed up on offense--- In the past couple of years we have relied too heavily on our 3 pointers --but tonight we obliterated their defense in the paint...I love watching our players when they play mentally tough and physically tough- and tonight's offensive efforts proved our potential in this conference.

I'm wearing that free t-shirt to sleep soundly tonight!

Love...

All I can say is that you have performed as brilliantly as the Bengals have dureing the last 2 games. I believe you have a great future ahead.

Now, if we can take this with us on the road...the future is bright, indeed.

Ditto that. The guy next to me said man she has a nice voice. American Idol?

That was a great defensive game. We held them to only 12 points the first half. Chron Tatum had some energy tonight. He can rebound too. We got to keep this rolling. That was a fun game to watch. Great job Benals! I love the sheepish grin on OB's face when we win. It is all worth it.

I hate to say this...but we win two CONVINCING games...and there's just a couple of Bengal lovers posting. It would certainly seem that some have very little to say unless we lose...which could cause wonder about the motives of some who post on the board. Please ease my mind, and tell me I'm wrong.

This team is starting to get things done against like competition... We dominated both the Montana schools and we are getting contributions from numerous players. Why since Kal Bay got hurt are so many of you not on here giving your spin? Our D and penetration into the lane tonight was great. I wouldn't be surprised to see us sweep next week, but we need no less than a split. I love our team, just due to the fact that we COMPETE!

Votb,

I'm giving posters the benefit of the doubt...but if this thread doesn't receive a few more comments by some regulars, I'm with you Votb...certainly says more about them than this team. Especially since the offense was so strong last night! Isn't that the issue many posters, including me, have voiced time and time again on this forum?? That pent up frustration has been begging for a change of pace by this team--they deliver and...nothing?? Let's hope today proves us wrong.

(thanks for the compliments, guys)

tuffgong said:
Why since Kal Bay got hurt are so many of you not on here giving your spin? Our D and penetration into the lane tonight was great. I wouldn't be surprised to see us sweep next week, but we need no less than a split. I love our team, just due to the fact that we COMPETE!

I make no secret of the fact that Kal Bay is my favorite player - his picture is my avatar, for heaven's sake! (Kal looks cool with a full head of hair, doesn't he?)

But my lack of enthusiasm for posting has more to do with the fact that we got our butts handed to us vs. Portland State and after that game I basically needed intensive psychological counseling in order to be able to even leave my house and carry on any sort of a normal life. I took that loss VERY hard, and not just because Kal got hurt. I was on the verge of writing off the season, in all honesty...

So now am I supposed to become a believer again? The Bengals have broken my heart several times this season already, and I am just a little gun shy at the moment!

Having said that, I very much want to believe that all of the season's hard lessons have finally borne fruit and that this team has found its groove! If the Bengals can win these next two road games, we should have a ROCKING crowd vs. Weber State at Holt Arena!

Does it sound like I am recovering? I have pizza delivery boxes stacked 3 feet high in my kitchen since the Portland State loss - I have been dazed and confused and without purpose! Is it OK to go outside again, people? Has the sun come up again in the west?

ARE THE BENGALS RISING AS WELL???
yourpics_welsh-sunrise_richard-boyd.jpg

great game last night!

the defense is creating havoc on the other teams schemes, I couldnt agree more, the players and coaches have pulled this together.

I must say I have not seen the team play this well in years this early, this tough or this fluid

Coach has shortened the rotations, the O is moving, everyone is active, just a joy to watch

GREAT JOB GUYS, GREAT JOB!!

FEAR THE BENGAL!

Sweller:
I agree that Kal probably does look better with. Head of hair, but it's okay to come out of your cave. I don't believe for a moment that Portland State isn't the best team in the league right now, but they needed the Weber loss to remind them you have to bring it to EVERY game and practice. Now, we need to avoid what happened to PSU and Weber after they thought all they had to do was show up...kinda like MSU took last night off, too. If we can keep the same mindset on the road, we'll at least split this week, and MAYBE sweep.

GO BENGALS!

I am most impressed with the use of the full court trap press, we used it a lot against Montana and more selectively against MSU but it wrecks havoc on the other team. It can really fuel ISU's offense as well. A road sweep would be nice.

votb said:
I hate to say this...but we win two CONVINCING games...and there's just a couple of Bengal lovers posting. It would certainly seem that some have very little to say unless we lose...which could cause wonder about the motives of some who post on the board. Please ease my mind, and tell me I'm wrong.

Great point votb. The coaching staff has been highly criticized on this board over the past couple of weeks. I think we need to give credit where credit is due. The first half last night was as good a half of basketball as we are going to see. Kudos to the coaching staff for that.

I also think that tuff has a good point. It's funny that a lot of the negativity has gone away since Kal got hurt. So my question is this: are the negative posters Kal fans who are no longer interested, or are the negative posters just guys who want to bi**h about things and never give good performance credit?

The cool thing about last night is that Idaho State had such a nice first half performance while missing 5-10 point blank shots. It is nice to see the team be able to endure when they were shooting the ball poorly to start the game.

I am amazed by Busmas ability to make reverse layups he seems to really have a quick first couple of steps for such a big person. The bigs may not be scoring at a high clip, but you can see that the Bengal big man are discouraging guards and wings from going to the hole.

Now, Idaho State needs to prove it can win on the road. Winning two is doable, but a split HAS to happen.

Latest posts

Back