• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

ISU @ New Mexico in 2020

SLCBengal

According to FBSchedules.com...

The New Mexico Lobos have added the Idaho State Bengals to their 2020 football schedule, FBSchedules.com has learned.

New Mexico will host Idaho State at Dreamstyle Stadium in Albuquerque on Sept. 5, 2020. The Lobos will pay the Bengals a $375,000 guarantee for the game, according to a copy of the contract obtained from UNM by FBSchedules.com via a public records request.

Read more: New Mexico adds Idaho State to 2020 Football Schedule

....If we can get this ship "righted and on course"....they might not want to play ISU's football team in 4 years...... :coffee:

Does 375k seem low for a FBS game all the way down in New Mexico? I believe we have always been 425k+ for closer, less expensive travel games like Boise St., BYU, Utes, etc.

BengalBannMan said:
Does 375k seem low for a FBS game all the way down in New Mexico? I believe we have always been 425k+ for closet less expensive travel games like Boise St., BYU, Utes, etc.

The Reno Gazette-Journal reported earlier that Nevada is paying ISU $300,000 for this year's game.

The Nevada football team will pay Idaho State $300,000 to play at Mackay Stadium in 2017, but the Wolf Pack will still net a big chunk of money that season from its non-conference schedule.

The school announced last week it had added Idaho State to the 2017 schedule and postponed a scheduled matchup with Idaho to an unspecified later date. The RGJ obtained the Nevada-Idaho State game contract through a public records request Wednesday and the Wolf Pack will guarantee the Bengals, an FCS team, $300,000 for the game.

Reno Gazette-Journal: Wolf Pack to Pay Idaho State $300,000 for 2017 Game

In the same article, it states Nevada paid Cal Poly $375,000 for last year's game. San Louis Obispo is a little over 100 miles closer, so I half wonder if there are some other details not mentioned (i.e. traveling and/or lodging expenses taken care of). Or is it possible a team's reputation/record plays a factor in the negotiating process..?

I think BannMann is right, this seems like we want to play them more than get paid by them. I am not any kind of financier but is the "waiting list" for big money butt whippings so long that we get a cheap whipping now? or are we just lucky?
I cannot imagine that New Mexico is scared that ISU will embarrass them on their own turf.
I also have heard the argument that those kind of games are part of how our players get to experience a big time game in a big time place. ( I don't get that feeling from the Lobos) 9-4 last season

Good points by all. Could be some hidden money in travel reinbursement. Could be that were taking less money to play (somewhat) easier teams that we want to play.

Latest posts

Back