• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

ISU Picked 3rd in Media Poll, Sixth by Coaches

Skippy

http://www.isubengals.com/news/2015/7/21/FB_0721150448.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The big Sky Coach's must be high!!!! how do you pick a team that ended 2nd in league and bringing back almost the whole O and D and pick them 6th???? if respect is not given, we'll just have the beat it out of them.

Eric hollowell said:
The big Sky Coach's must be high!!!! how do you pick a team that ended 2nd in league and bringing back almost the whole O and D and pick them 6th???? if respect is not given, we'll just have the beat it out of them.

If you want to see a lack of respect, go to E-Griz. They are predicting a major Griz beatdown of the Bengals this fall. It is my fervent hope that ISU dispatches Montana in Holt this season. It would be the most satisfying win since Jared Allen and the boys put it on the Griz back in 2003.

http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=70502" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have great respect of Montana and what they do, my younger son was a hair from attending this year. but he woke up (lol). I know it takes more than an 8-4 season for everyone to see the light, that's why 2015 is so big. We got the tools to take the next big step we just have to go out and do it.

We were picked sixth by the coaches because we have not been able to win against the other five teams other than CP at Holt and this season we play CP in San Luis Obispo.

Once again the Griz arrogance just never ceases to astound me. I see absolutely no reason why ISU can't defeat Montana this year, especially since they'll be trying to rebound after hiring a new coach and staff.

I agree with you up for the challenge. We have to beat the man to be the man. Everything is lined up for us. Hardest games are at home. Pack the dome. 2014 was not the coming out 2015 is.

In my opinion, the hardest games will be on the road against Cal Poly, Sacramento State, and North Dakota. We have to win those 3 games to contend for a championship and playoffs. Cal Poly is a very difficult place to win games on the road due to long travel day on Friday, hanging out at the hotel all day on Saturday, evening game, outdoor stadium, and cold wet foggy type of weather low 50's on natural grass.

In my 21 year affiliation with ISU I have broadcast two wins at Cal Poly. I have NEVER called a win in Ogden or Flagstaff. The good news is we don't play NAU this year.

Winners find a way and these guys are ready to get it done. 4 games on the road will be hard on the field and the pocketbook but being all in means just that.

Whether it's dealing with EGriz snark, having the most players selected to the pre-season all-conference team, or being nationally ranked in every major pre-season poll, it's good to be relevant again.

Skippy said:
In my 21 year affiliation with ISU I have broadcast two wins at Cal Poly. I have NEVER called a win in Ogden or Flagstaff. The good news is we don't play NAU this year.
Skippy, to the best of my memory, wasn't the last time ISU won at Flagstaff was around '83 or '84 during the Koetter years? And I think the last time we beat Weber at Ogden was in the early 70's back when John L. Smith was playing for them. Although I could be wrong about this. If we can't even win at Ogden this year then I give up! A couple years ago former OC Don Bailey told me that when we're good enough to beat some of these teams then we'll start winning these games, and I feel we definitely do have the talent now to contend for the league championship.

boisebengal said:
Skippy said:
Skippy, to the best of my memory, wasn't the last time ISU won at Flagstaff was around '83 or '84 during the Koetter years? And I think the last time we beat Weber at Ogden was in the early 70's back when John L. Smith was playing for them. Although I could be wrong about this. If we can't even win at Ogden this year then I give up! A couple years ago former OC Don Bailey told me that when we're good enough to beat some of these teams then we'll start winning these games, and I feel we definitely do have the talent now to contend for the league championship.

The last time ISU won in Ogden and Flagstaff was 1984. That team started off 3-1 -- and then finished 2-5, but did get those two roads wins over Weber and NAU.

Latest posts

Back