• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

ISU Player leaves Football Program

isusuperfan

Travis Nua, a senior offensive lineman, has left the football program...I have it confirmed through multiple sources. Another one gone...

*Cracks open a Bud Light*

I know I had no proper clearance for this, but since the kid has left, it doesn't really matter anyways.

I'm sorry they left. This looks to be just the beginning. I would bet that there is a bunch more who leave the team for "personal" reasons. These players don't believe in, respect, or trust this staff. The could care less about them. They know that if they say anything it will just fall on the deaf ears of the staff, just like many of their teammates outcries have in the previous seasons. Reading some of those olds threads we heard about this. Players talking to the coaches and just being ignored or brushed aside. They weren't taken seriously, so they stopped trying. Now they are just biding their time till they are done, or the season ends. It really could get ugly. Who knows maybe varsity blues will stike twice, this time at ISU.

I love how people say they have confirmed something from multiple sources and then make a statement. Interestingly enough they are not from the athletic department. The sources are I assume, and assumption is the mother of all ______ ups, the athlete or close to athlete in question Federal law dictates what ISU staff can release that is why we have a communications department. When you go to work for an athletic department they make you sign a document that states you understand and will not release any information about a student athlete unless certain conditions are meet. It is like saying that I have multiple sources when using wikepidia because lots of people have contributed to what I am looking at. While I dont always agree with superfan and at times find him annoying i can not doubt his dedication to supporting the ISU Bengals he is one of the few people that tries to make it to every bengal sporting event for this he has my respect. Due to his dedication I would trust his sources more than some others I have read on these blogs.

The law governs the institution—not fan message boards.

Maybe I am missing something. Is anyone taking ‘pot shots’ at ISU for not sharing information pertaining to players leaving?

Could multiple sources include family members, coaches, administration and players that have to remain anonymous to avoid criticism or retaliation?

Finally—who is “WE” and DID YOU sign this document?

in regard to stew, i saw him with my own eyes right here in pocatello idaho while the ISU football team was getting throttled by PSU. not sure if that's a reliable enough source but it's got me convinced.

cub, i wouldn't be surprised (and as logic eluded to) if Nua told ross he was quitting himself or if not ross, then someone else on the rugby team (whom ross is closely tied). i'm sure the rocket will clarify what he means by reliable source when the time is right.

No, no, no Milk--I wasn't questioning the Rocket at all. I am questioning 'Logic' trying to raise a ruckus over unnamed sources.

Ok so some clarification is in order. Very simple:

I ran into Travis last night in the Reed Gym weight room, which I thought odd because I never see current football players in there (they work out in Holt and the Jared Allen Center, obviously). So I talked to him and he told me himself that he left that very day.

I confirmed it by asking a few football players, who out of protection against any possible retribution, shall remain unnamed (just playing it safe).

There, end of story. Do you really think ISU is going to issue press releases for every player that leaves? HELL NO! That'd look terrible. Hence the culture of silence pertaining to issues and divisions in the program.

Logic-

I appreciate your respect and your honesty, thank you. Sorry if I annoy you sometimes ;)

Generally speaking when a starter leaves you usually inform the media in regards to football, since there are like 80 guys on a team. As for the form that is filled out, it's actually a release in the student-athlete handbook that they sign that basically allows the media relations office to disseminate any information regarding their academic and athletic careers (this is what allows us to nominate them for academic awards, and also why I thought I was good on a certain issue I had earlier this year until it dawned on me that a certain someone never signed it since they were never at ISU...oops).

The communications office can send out information on a kid leaving, but again, in football, it tends to be the starters that get the bigger treatment in that regard (basketball is 12 guys, football again, 80 ... in a good year).

This is all very interesting from this side of the fence 1000 miles away. It is always sad to see a player lose their love of the game and quit...generally speaking they show up because of that love.

Frank

i gotcha cub,

..i was tryin to throw a little bait logics way. it's funny to me when people get on here and after their second post are crying erroneous on others claims. i've got my sources as i'm sure everyone else who posts on here does. just because i'm not naming them doesn't make them false or my claims baseless.

logic you should remain skeptical if you dont feel comfortable taking we is said at face value, but let time be the judge if we be credible or not.

bengalcub said:
The law governs the institution—not fan message boards.

Maybe I am missing something. Is anyone taking ‘pot shots’ at ISU for not sharing information pertaining to players leaving?

Could multiple sources include family members, coaches, administration and players that have to remain anonymous to avoid criticism or retaliation?

Finally—who is “WE” and DID YOU sign this document?

Yes I have signed one of these documents in the past for the university I interned with. Coaches and adniminstration are limited on what they can release and talk about when it comes to student athletes. As for "We" that includes any student, alumni, staff, instructor, or administrator.
tigersmilk said:
i gotcha cub,

..i was tryin to throw a little bait logics way. it's funny to me when people get on here and after their second post are crying erroneous on others claims. i've got my sources as i'm sure everyone else who posts on here does. just because i'm not naming them doesn't make them false or my claims baseless.

logic you should remain skeptical if you dont feel comfortable taking we is said at face value, but let time be the judge if we be credible or not.

What I am saying on not nameing sources is dont just say from multiple sources. Say from sources close the the Athlete or some specification. It does not have to name names just make it more spacifice. I want to know if it is someone trying to cause a stur or if they have good information that I should pay attention to.

Logic--for future references on my post...
...lets go with sources close to the BengalCub. This may include but is not limited to ISU employees, athletic department employees, players, parents and members of this message board community that cannot communicate in an open forum for obvious reasons.

There is probably more to the story...but come on...BUCK UP AND FIGHT FOR THE ORANGE AND BLACK! I am sure this is a nightmare but don't let your team mates down.

It is a fact that Travis and Tracy are no longer on the team. Travis was suffering a knee injury and he was being pressured to take a shot in his knee before the game and when he refused his offensiveline coach told him he was holding out. Tracy quit because he wasnt getting any playing time at RB, instead of playing Tracy at RB they move Phil Pleasant to RB. Why?, I couldnt tell you......real facts

Half these players that leave do have "their" reasons..which many of them are injury reasons. Such as Travis and Tracy (who quit due to knee problems and surgery soon). Injuries may be the case but I know that many of these players have had enough of the coaching staff. They are draining the players of their love to play and drive to win. As far as decision making on putting players in positions they don't play...hmmm really? Not playing a linebacker who is bigger, stronger, and faster than the rest of them (not to put down other players, because Storms is also an animal, I love his passion and watching him play)..but Hutton is a beast, he does not belong at running back, put him back in his position. Phil is no running back compared to White, Tracy, Rover and Moore. Let's get real!

Latest posts

Back