• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

ISU Recruiting

hotshot

First of all, I am not here to throw a shot at ISU Recruiting or their football program. I am just writing to tell me and my sons "side" of our story. My name is Bryon Goody. Jared Goody is my son. He played football at Highland High School last year. He was 1st team all Idaho and all area. He is playing college football for Weber State. There has been questions through out the community (and on this site) regarding why he is not playing for Idaho State. First of all, let's get something straight. ISU did not recruit him! We sent ISU multiple letters, film, e-mails and even attended ISU's camp. They never called us until after he had committed to Weber in mid November during the high school playoffs. ISU claims they were the 1st to offer him. That is not true. Technically, they were the last. I believe they need to do a better job locally than what they are doing now. I know of two other players from Highland that are going to smaller schools that would be a great fit for ISU. Fan base is everything for a program. ISU's fan base would grow if more local kids were playing there. I still support ISU. I have a local business and will continue to support our local college. I think it's time for them to do the same.

Thank you for coming forward and telling your story. To surmise another thread it has been dead on here and its good to get some discussion. Franly I'm surprised that nothing has been posted in the last couple weeks. ISU doesn't do a good enough job in many areas, recruiting being just one. I really like your last point.. It is time for ISU to start supporting pocatello and idaho and surrounding localities! This staff gives face saying they do, but there is no follow through as this story details. Pick it up Z, actions speak louder than words!

Thank you, Mr. Goody for backing up what I have been saying from the beginning! Too little..Too late..Good Luck to your son...Hopefully they will start earlier recruiting Idaho players!!!!

Mr. Goody, welcome to the board. I am sorry that ISU did not give your son the attention that you feel he deserved.

Here is some links on this site that talk about the same subject:

http://bengals.bigskyfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3369

http://bengals.bigskyfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3248

I really hope that I am not implying that he deserved to be recruited by ISU. He did work really hard and it is difficult to get recruited by any college especially a division 1. There has just been a lot of rumors stating that ISU offered him 1st when the fact is they were one of the last.

bengalcub said:
Mr. Goody, welcome to the board. I am sorry that ISU did not give your son the attention that you feel he deserved.

Here is some links on this site that talk about the same subject:

http://bengals.bigskyfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3369

http://bengals.bigskyfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3248

hotshot said:
First of all, I am not here to throw a shot at ISU Recruiting or their football program. I am just writing to tell me and my sons "side" of our story. My name is Bryon Goody. Jared Goody is my son. He played football at Highland High School last year. He was 1st team all Idaho and all area. He is playing college football for Weber State. There has been questions through out the community (and on this site) regarding why he is not playing for Idaho State. First of all, let's get something straight. ISU did not recruit him! We sent ISU multiple letters, film, e-mails and even attended ISU's camp. They never called us until after he had committed to Weber in mid November during the high school playoffs. ISU claims they were the 1st to offer him. That is not true. Technically, they were the last. I believe they need to do a better job locally than what they are doing now. I know of two other players from Highland that are going to smaller schools that would be a great fit for ISU. Fan base is everything for a program. ISU's fan base would grow if more local kids were playing there. I still support ISU. I have a local business and will continue to support our local college. I think it's time for them to do the same.

I was going to let this go and just bite my tongue on this one but i am done sweeeping things under the carpet and hoping they will go away. I have defended ISU until i was blue in the face and will always try but there comes a time when you say enough is enough and i am done with excuses. I am done with maybe next year. I am done with give the team 4 years to turn it around. I am tired of the same old song and dance. I am fed up with excuses period. Some might say then don't support ISU? I think it is my duty because they are part of my community. But if i stay mum and don't say anything either as a fan then i am just settling for sub par results.

I think Mr. Goody's comments are spot on. I am truly sorry that ISU did not contact your son first. Now you get to go drive down to Weber and give them money and take your family down there which means a few more less seats filled in the dome on game day. This really chaps my ass to the core. You said that you were not implying that he desrved to be recruited by ISU? I beg to differ. Damn right he desrved to be recruited by ISU first. All state and all area. This was from the Weber article......."My number one recruiting priority when I took this job in 2005 was to establish strength and depth on the offensive and defensive lines, and that’s still my priority. Those two areas are where games are won and lost." said McBride. "We’ve got good groups in both of those areas, now we are making sure we kept depth. You can never have too many linemen."

I call it a shame and dissapointment that we did not grab this kid first. I think Weber has their stuff together and they have one of the best if not the best o-line in the BSC. I think they know how to recruit. They must have seen something that we didn't? People talk about ISU having a great Idaho recruiter? (they never called you until after Weber offered, even after you sent them e-mails, film and attended camp?) Someone dropped the ball here if you ask me. Thank you Mr. Goody for your side of the story. I am still waiting for a return phone call since last Nov. from one of the administration offices. I called to tell them about a possible recruit and how i go about it because i didn't want to violate ncaa rules and regs. No return call!

I am glad that you will still support ISU Mr. Goody. I am sorry that you have got to go down to Utah now and support the other school. I hope your boy does well and reaches his dreams.

We have a major problem here folks and we can either sit back and keep taking it and watching year after year go by with no improvement or we speak up and call it how we see it and hopefully change of attitude and results will be on the horizon!? Go Bengals!

if you want to recruit maybe you should go into coaching... can you imagine the number of contacts the caoches get from 'people' who thnk they have a line on a 'fantastic' recruit? i wouldn't call any of them back either.

as for the goody thing - no matter how the father colors the story - he is whining about his kid not getting an offer from isu... too bad. maybe the coaches don't think he's good enough or doesn't fit into their schemes... whatever - pretending to address a recruiting issue' while crying that your kid didn't get a sniff from isu is just sad.

let the coaches make their own decisons and stop acting like you could do a better job

I know of this whole situation, and suffice to say the coaches know who this person is. Officially, no one here is allowed to comment about this, since it's against NCAA rules, so this will have to be a one-sided argument. Of course, there are two sides to every story....

ISUSID

Nice!! Say it like it is!! LOL That is exactly what I am implying.
spartan said:
if you want to recruit maybe you should go into coaching... can you imagine the number of contacts the caoches get from 'people' who thnk they have a line on a 'fantastic' recruit? i wouldn't call any of them back either.

as for the goody thing - no matter how the father colors the story - he is whining about his kid not getting an offer from isu... too bad. maybe the coaches don't think he's good enough or doesn't fit into their schemes... whatever - pretending to address a recruiting issue' while crying that your kid didn't get a sniff from isu is just sad.

let the coaches make their own decisons and stop acting like you could do a better job

Latest posts

Back