• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

ISU Snags Punter.

bengalcub

By Cary Osborne
Signal Sports Editor
[email protected]
661-259-1234-529
Posted: May 1, 2010 11:28 p.m.
POSTED May 2, 2010 4:55 a.m.

Some might look deep into the well and say it's dried up.
Others will keep searching for water.

Some local football players have persevered and found something at the bottom of that well.

A handful of kids have signed on late to play college football for a four-year school, most notably two Foothill League quarterbacks - Hart's C.J. Reyes and Saugus' Zack Gauthier.

Reyes is headed to Idaho State and Gauthier will play at Humboldt State.

Hart's quarterback won't be playing quarterback though, as he was grabbed to be the team's punter.

"It was tough for first couple of months," Reyes said of recruiting immediately after football season ended. "I didn't get anything back. I sent at least 100 schools (information). ... I was getting discouraged, but my brother (former Hart defensive back Adam Reyes) told me, ‘You're not going to get much back. Keep doing it every day. That's how you're going to get someone to look at you.'"

Reyes, was an All-CIF-Southern Section Northern Division selection as a utility player. He passed for 2,731 yards, was the Indians' place kicker and averaged 39.8 yards per punt.

But after the season, the 5-foot-8-inch multi-faceted football player received interest for his kicking prowess only. He was told by Idaho State coaches to keep throwing, though.

Video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T4969HoSsc

Louie Sakoda did a great job for Utah punting and kicking (and earning All-American honors for each skill). He's listed at 5'9". But... could ISU be getting a punter from down under?

"...the OzPunt program (is) operated by Cameron McGillivray in Melbourne, who has since placed five of his pupils into US colleges on athletic scholarships.

In the wake of King's deal, Jay Karutz has gone to Eastern Michigan, Jonny Mullings to Iowa, Rhys Felton to Idaho State, Luke Burgess to Culver Stockton, and Josh Armstrong to Southwestern Oklahoma State University."

TheAge.com.au: David King from OzPunt Signs with New England Patriots

OzPunt.net: Rhys Felton

I think that if you can kick a ball any ball then you have the ability to make a great football player as a punter, look at boise states punter he is small and has no other gift other than to the kick the ball.

Latest posts

Back