• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

ISU / So. Utah game updates...

PBP

Mike today during the press conference and on the coaches show tonight said the offensive line is beat up again (Cody Abbott) and that he will be starting Garrett Smith a 6-7, 318 pounder this week with Thomas Vazorka moving to another position. Smith is a redshirt freshman.

He also said Jakori Ford will be a limited / game time decision but that Tyler Flanagan who was a little banged up last week will be ready to go.

If Ford can't go, it will be Dean and Louie-McGee returning kicks.

Mike also marveled at how big So. Utah is from a weight standpoint. For example they have a 360 pound defensive tackle. He mentioned how they literally rotate in 10 or 11 defensive lineman during a game.

PBP

Who has the edge going into this game as both teams have not won for awhile? I picked ISU to win this game by 1 point as we are due for a win. Playing at home and Southern Utah losing two straight is an opportunity for the Bengals. On the other hand, Southern Utah is still in the hunt for a playoff spot if they win the rest of their games. Should be a good game.

up for the challenge said:
Who has the edge going into this game as both teams have not won for awhile? I picked ISU to win this game by 1 point as we are due for a win. Playing at home and Southern Utah losing two straight is an opportunity for the Bengals. On the other hand, Southern Utah is still in the hunt for a playoff spot if they win the rest of their games. Should be a good game.

I agree with you UFTC about this game being at home for ISU is a opportunity. I notice on SUU schedule/results page they have not won a road game yet. That is a nice advantage for ISU to be at home this week. SUU looks real good though to me as far as results. 0-24 AT Utah is solid considering Utah is ranked I believe #16 in FBS, they beat PSU AT HOME and we ahead by a large margin vs Weber State AT HOME until a 4th qtr comeback by WSU. They played Montana at UND what appears to be fairly competitive AT both the other schools field. To me it appears SUU is a pretty good team. If we play good sound football (Limit Turnovers and tackle well) and sound in kicking game I think this team is beatable and having them in our arena is huge. BIGGEST GAME OF THE YEAR so far.

I agree with you Demian that this game Saturday is huge. If we can win this one, it will give us the confidence to possibly beat a couple other teams at home too. Winning builds confidence, and so does playing real well. Bengals certainly played well at home last Saturday and could have won. Now the team needs a close game at home that they WIN. This is the next step as they evolve.

Reborn2010 said:
I agree with you Demian that this game Saturday is huge. If we can win this one, it will give us the confidence to possibly beat a couple other teams at home too. Winning builds confidence, and so does playing real well. Bengals certainly played well at home last Saturday and could have won. Now the team needs a close game at home that they WIN. This is the next step as they evolve.

Well said!!! One month left. First step of the last portion of season where we all know it's important to finish strong.

up for the challenge said:
I do not know if this is the Biggest Game of the Year for ISU? We are considered the spoilers now while SUU is still in the hunt for a playoff spot.

With Southern Utah sitting at four losses AND still having to play BYU, I think their playoffs chances are basically slim, VERY slim and none.

PBP

Slim chance yes. Depends on how the top teams do in their final four games. There maybe some spoilers out there which includes the Bengals. SUU plays ISU, Montana State, and Northern Arizona in the BSC so I do not see them as a spoiler unless Northern Arizona stays in the hunt.

I picked ISU to win by one point today. Others had ISU to win too. We picked wrong . SUU wins by 25 points. What is going on with ISU? Do you really think we have a chance against EWU, Montana, and Weber State? Another one game win in the Big Sky. We did beat Sacramento State And that D2 school in Simon Frazier who has not won a game all season. Is that good enough?

Latest posts

Back