• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

ISU vs Nevada on TV = Root Sports NW

demian

I notice the game thus Saturday ISU vs Nevada wil be televised so those of us who aren't making the trip to Reno for the game check your local listings for Root Sports NW, in state of Washington it is on at 4:00pm on channel 687 if u have direct tv

I would think that the result for the Reno game would be about the same as it was for the USU game -- but we gotta get these money games out of the way. Concerning yesterday's Big Sky games, I expected the Griz to get completely waxed by #7 Washington. But then again any Big Sky team would have done so. I expected EWU to give NDSU a better game than they did, but they got whipped for the second straight week. The Eagles may not be very good this year, which would be an aberration for them. My hats off goes to Weber State, who played Pac-12 Cal very tough throughout the game, before succumbing 33-20.

Thanks for the info Demian. My plan is to make the Reno game, but all depends on work this week.

I think we'll play a better game vs Reno, although with the same outcome. We've been a 2nd half team so far. Pros and Cons to that.

Pros:
We're much better conditioned than last year.
Our boys continue to fight regardless of the score.
Heads aren't hanging during an obvious loss.
We have the stamina to battle back from a deficit.
We have more depth this year.

Cons:
If we're behind too much early it can be too little to late, aka the damage is already done. (We're not UCLA)
Taking too long to get in a rhythm won't win games.
Confidence in our passing/receiving ability out of the gate has struggled a bit.
Plays materializing too slowly, going back to the point above. We need to execute quick, fast and accurate.

Just a few of my thoughts although it's probably far from reality. We have key players not currently playing with MG at WR and AR at CB. Those two are huge for both sides of the ball. We have an 8 day break until Reno so that's a plus and it's possible we're saving minor injury players for conference even though they may be ready to go now. No need to re-injure players for a money game. We learn from these games and get out healthy!

+1 - Ty Flanagan has impressed this year. Glad to see him break out and show the power back he is. No one player alone is going to take him down.

-1 - WTB RB sweep! :)

Weber and Portland look to be formidable foes. They're playing some good football regardless of the W/L totals. EWU and UM may still be decent, but not what they were last year or years past. They both lost huge play makers last season and it shows.

Oh man guys I hear ya about Eastern Washington University, I looked around there message board the last two sundays and oh my goodness they are freaking out lol haha. It's pretty humorous actually. They are claiming players are quitting early in games, players are showing no fight, coaches are in over there head, can't tackle, can't catch a pass, All American QB is lousy and they think it is time to go with the redshirt freshman qb, I even saw one claim that they are thankful they aren't playing a division 2 team this season lol haha. Geeze they are ruthless over there on that ewu board lol

UC Davis also looks like a good team this year under new head coach Dan Hawkins. If davis only lost to San Diego state 38-17 in week 1, which is a respectable loss that appears competitive. The UC Davis whipped San Diego university in week 2 by score of 35-7, San Diego beat cal poly in first round of playoffs last season. UC Davis plays Portland state this weekend. Might be a bigger game than usual. We have UC davis and Portland state and Weber state all on our schedule this year

demian said:
Oh man guys I hear ya about Eastern Washington University, I looked around there message board the last two sundays and oh my goodness they are freaking out lol haha. It's pretty humorous actually. They are claiming players are quitting early in games, players are showing no fight, coaches are in over there head, can't tackle, can't catch a pass, All American QB is lousy and they think it is time to go with the redshirt freshman qb, I even saw one claim that they are thankful they aren't playing a division 2 team this season lol haha. Geeze they are ruthless over there on that ewu board lol

You and I are reading the same threads overthere. I was laughing about the DII comment and you're right, they are ruthless with their comments from the comfort of their recliners. lol.

The Portland/UC Davis game is going to be good. I'll have to keep tabs on game for sure. Looks like Big Skys bottom half is stepping up to the plate this year. I like it!

Tacoma5 said:
demian said:

You and I are reading the same threads overthere. I was laughing about the DII comment and you're right, they are ruthless with their comments from the comfort of their recliners. lol.

The Portland/UC Davis game is going to be good. I'll have to keep tabs on game for sure. Looks like Big Skys bottom half is stepping up to the plate this year. I like it!

Lol haha. Yeah that appears up be a very unhappy fan base after week 2. Yikes lol. Oh well enough about them, go ISU

Nevada will be starting a new QB this week. A true freshman. Hopefully their own adjustments to that helps us play a little closer game.

I've been keeping an eye on their forums and the starting QB has been bouncing around on the depth chart. From 1 to 3 and now back to 2. Not sure what's going on, but I'm excited for this weeks game.

Listening to Phen's conference today, it's just cleaning up the details that will make the difference. Nothing major needs to change, just cleaning up the small things will make us more competitive. A minor mis-step or hesitation can make the difference. We have the talent, it's all about the discipline.

Tacoma5 said:
demian said:

Wow Cal Davis beat Portland state yesterday. Non conference game I believe but still another good win for UC davis

spartan said:
fyi - uc davis and portland state both play in the big sky (davis football only I believe)

It doesn't count as a conference game, though (they're playing this outside the normal 8 game conference schedule).

http://goviks.com/schedule.aspx?path=football&

Latest posts

Back