• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

ISU VS Wisconsin

I guess if all else fails, you could always listen on the radio...which is also on the net
:) :)

Ryan not overlooking Idaho State

By Scott Bauer
Associated Press

MADISON - Wisconsin's basketball team appears to be headed into a soft spot in its schedule after a narrow loss to in-state rival Marquette on Saturday.

But coach Bo Ryan doesn't want anyone to look past the 2-5 Idaho State Bengals who are playing Wisconsin (6-2) for the first time today.

"They just beat Utah, that's all you need to know," Ryan said at his weekly news conference Monday. "They've gotten better from earlier in the year. That's a big win in a program, in the guy's third year, where he's trying to get things to happen."

The guy Ryan was referring to is third-year Idaho State coach Joe O'Brien. Ryan and O'Brien combined have won 13 national coach of the year awards. Ryan has seven, four at the Division III level and three at Wisconsin, and O'Brien won six as a junior college coach.

O'Brien's Bengals are coming into town off a huge victory. Their win over Utah marked the first time in 50 years they had beaten the Utes.

"Idaho State's coming in here for a reason. They feel they can compete," Ryan said. "A couple bumps early, they had to work through some things just like the rest of us, but that one the other night, that's a pretty big deal for them. They won't be coming in lacking any confidence."

Wisconsin comes into the game after being narrowly defeated by No. 24 Marquette, 61-58. Both of Wisconsin's losses have come at the hand of ranked teams. Its other one was on Nov. 24 to No. 2 Connecticut, which thumped the Badgers, 76-57.

"We need to get established," Ryan said. "We need to keep learning from every game."

What a great effort tonight. Offensive rebounds by the Badgers really made the difference. This team is continuing to improve. Here's hoping they pick up the split Thursday--I believe they will.

I didn't get a chance to catch the game on TV, online, radio (too busy getting my interview set up with the new UW Husky FB coach - S-A-R-K-!), but I noticed viewing the stats the FT and Wisc O-Boards (and subsequent 2nd chance points) were critical.

I got the impression that ISU played a lot of zone which could explain the Wisc O-boards and ISU only gettin 21 D-boards, even with ISU's height advantage over the Badgers. Only 8 FT attempts by ISU?

For those of you who watched the game, please share your analysis of the closer than expected (at least what I expected) contest. Hopefully ISU can continue to build from this, dictate tempo and get a road win against the Phoenix (UW-GB did lose to Utes by 19 at SLC early this year).

From Holt Arena, this is John Clayton, BengalDen.com :D

John,

We hit our shots, but we had to work hard for them. Against Washington State, Joe wanted the guys to keep passing and stay patient, knowing a good shot would come...we did that against Wisconsin, it just took a while to get open shots. While we had a height advantage, those were some tight rims, and they got a few of the longer rebounds, and there were some that just hit our hands and bounded away. It also hurt that we did get a few over the back calls early, and there really weren't any called on them. The free throw disparity really stemmed from the last 8:39, when they scored only one basket but got most of their free throws...I think they scored 12 from the line over the last 8:39 of the game.

Oh, and it was most definitly a foul at the end....it really should have been called, but I understand why they didn't. A pretty well officiated game all things considered.

ISUSID

That was a great game. We had our chances. We had the chance to tie or win the game in the last seconds. It’s funny to read the posts by Wis and Utah fans after the games. No credit given to our play...It was them that played bad. We played some great D.
Morgan needs to chalk up, he is losing his handle on the ball way too much.
We really need to come home with the spilt, but that wont be easy. UWGB is on a 5 game win streak.

Side note.... Is Eric Segert from Florida still committed?

Watched it last night also. I can say we looked totally different. Quicker passes and guys were open down under (gotta make all those shots). I am glad to see our guys crisp and ready for the quick pass. Our defense was making adjustments and reminded me alot of Washington St. or how they played us.

Yes, it was a foul on the TV too. I kept rewinding it and ISU was clearly fouled on the arm and he should have shot 3 FT's. I heard it was an estimated 17,000+ fans there. We should be tough as nails come BSC play, physically and mentally.

Watched the game as well - WOW!

Frank, dig the gametime blog!

That was a totally different team than any we have seen so far, 40 minutes of solid basketball, the BIG10 announcers were even saying how well our defense was playing, that zone is getting tighter and tighter!

Rotations were better, I would like to see us at 8 in the rotation but thats my opinion and we know what its worth, but the rotations are WAY better than the first few games, still bothered with lack of perimeter screens, but we are IMPROVING!

We need to get better at seeing the whole floor, on atleast a dozen occasions last night we left a wide open man on the perimeter opposite ball side, in fact on a couple of occasions you could hear Coach screaming to SKIP it, sometimes we would get it there, but usually LATE resulting in a forced shot or no shot and on many of those times we NEVER even saw the player, so the possesion was empty

Shots WILL fall, they always do, its the law of averages, our guys WILL hit theirs, its just a matter of time, more time on the floor in these situations and it will become consistent

One thing I really like about playing this level of team is the officiating, while we didn’t get the call at the end and frankly may have been homered a bit, they don’t let the street ball, crap go on, against LBSU we were on the floor more than standing up, just getting mugged etc. that isn’t basketball.

FEAR THE BENGAL!

That was a foul at the end, Busma should have gone to the line!

http://www.bigtennetwork.com/videos/index.asp

Latest posts

Back