• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

ISU vs WSU

BengalSapper

The new student seating is the stupidest thing I have seen . Cheerleaders and dancers put your bags and stuff away. It looks like a complete mess

Good fight by ISU, had a 2 point game at the half before WSU just was too powerful for them in the second half. Huge talent difference between the two clubs right now, so thought the Bengals played pretty well, especially in the first half defensively.

Without Tomas Sanchez and Aba Preh getting a minute between them last night I thought the team performed really well. I also give credit to Weber's defense as we didn't have a lot of just plain "open" shots. We did choke up early missing all of those opportunities at the rim...and still hung within two at the half. I'm excited about our game right now...

I was disappointed with the crowd last night. The box score shows just over 2,000, but I think that must include paid attendance and not actual.

Asked a buddy this morning why I didn't see him at the game. He replied he dedicated that evening to staying home with the family. Read: Family Home Evening!

ISU and WSU are public institutions, no argument there. Both are in a demographic with a large LDS base, though. As I was reminded today, many set aside Mondays as a night to stay home with the family. Why on earth is this game scheduled on a Monday? I'm not trying to start a religious argument, either. It's about knowing and targeting your market!

I am very encouraged by the coaching and the level of intensity that we play with the majority of the time. We just aren't very talented overall, and I see that changing over the next 2 years which will lead us into the upper half of the conference. Bill Evans is the right guy. Such a refreshing sight to see him coach with composure and intellect as opposed to throwing tantrums.

Also, why do they keep it so DAMN cold in there? Isn't 50 degrees a little cold for basketball? Although it was MUCH warmer than outside. :twocents:

sasquatch said:
I was disappointed with the crowd last night. The box score shows just over 2,000, but I think that must include paid attendance and not actual.

Asked a buddy this morning why I didn't see him at the game. He replied he dedicated that evening to staying home with the family. Read: Family Home Evening!

ISU and WSU are public institutions, no argument there. Both are in a demographic with a large LDS base, though. As I was reminded today, many set aside Mondays as a night to stay home with the family. Why on earth is this game scheduled on a Monday? I'm not trying to start a religious argument, either. It's about knowing and targeting your market!

Sound's like ISU and WSU need to have a family ticket package for Monday night games... or even better get rid of Monday night games.

See my interview with Megan Lobdell for some of the reasoning behind the schedule. I was told the Big Sky when they went to this schedule a few years ago was copying the WAC which plays Monday, Thursday, Saturday.

From what I've been told around the conference very few folks like games on Monday but how much input individual schools have with the schedule and in voicing complaints, requests to the Big Sky (and by proxy the guy who does the schedule at home for them) I don't know.

PBP

Thanks for that interview, PBP. It is informative.

I understand Monday games are a necessary evil, but this weekend is a good example to me that the computer doesn't know best. There needs to be a human element involved. After the computer generates the schedule, it needs to be eyeballed by somebody who knows the conference and teams.

For example, this past weekend saw Weber play down at SUU on Thursday. On Saturday, Weber didn't play, but ISU traveled to SUU. On Monday, Weber traveled to ISU. It doesn't make much of a genius to see that scheduling could have been switched around. ISU and Weber should have played on Saturday, and ISU could have traveled down to Cedar City on Monday.

Last year, in January, Weber played in Pocatello on a Saturday, and the game drew around 3,300. This year, it drew just under 2,100. ISU plays at Weber on a Monday next month. That game would draw better in Ogden on a Saturday as well. The computer is certainly not doing any favors for the bottom lines of the conference programs.

An easy way to fix this Monday scheduling would be to get rid of 1 or 2 teams from the Big Sky. I don't think we really need it to be the Huge Sky. :lol:

Latest posts

Back