• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

ISU Women's Softball

The women's program overall was far more successful then the overall men's programs (and probably still is) but it's clear simply from the won / lost records that there are some issues taking place with all of them save for women's basketball.

I would caution however that like it or not, the fact that home games are difficult to come by and the fact that all programs have to play "money games" plays a part in these won / lost records. Unfortunately ISU simply doesn't have the same level playing field to work with as some of the other Big Sky schools. Not offered as an excuse, simply stating a fact.

That being said at some point accountability does have to take place be it on the coaches or the athletes. I certainly understand the frustration of the fan base, its hard to keep saying to be patient, things will get better...at some point they must or the fan base simply loses confidence in anything said or done by the athletic department.

PBP

votb said:
Mark certainly isn't here to "put out fires".

:D Not trying to start or put out fires of any kind. Not trained as an arsonist or a fireman. LOL

Just trying to give a fair view of the comments from both sides as I see them.

There is merit to some of the comments from both viewpoints.

PBP

votb said:
Gordy Presnell ??? The women's basketball coach at BSU? I think you mean Gordon Henderson, who left ISU for Arkansas for a few years and who is now Exec. Dir. of the Ohio South Youth Soccer Association.

Yep, I mean Gordon Henderson. Funny thing is I initially wrote Chad Thomas instead of Teichert, but I caught it (too much NFL draft this weekend I guess).

votb said:
If you think a change should be made right now, do you have suggestions for replacements?

That's not my job. I don't go into a nice restaurant, have a bad meal, and then make suggestions for other chefs to hire. I give my feedback, don't expect to be shamed for it, and hope for proactivity on their part.

ISU softball is bad. It was a bad hire. Those things happen. The program has had recent success. It can be done here. Don't let it become another sport which goes through losing year after year. Fix it now. Maybe that means hiring a new coach, if the budget allows. Maybe that means a talent overhaul. Maybe that means staff changes. Whatever it is, address it NOW.

Believe me, there are plenty of folks standing in line ready to give their two cents to the new Prez.

....votb....I understand what you are saying and I would assume no one feels worse than the "players and the coaching staff"....BUT I am in total agreement with sasquatch in that I believe that the current coach is not a "good match" ....it doesn't mean anyone is a bad person....or they aren't trying....it just means the coach is not a "good match"....and this is a sport that had been dominating the BSC conference only a few years ago.....

....if you give a "poor match" a couple of more years....it will take a decade to recover from the erosion that occurs in the "recruiting world"....with both H S coaches AND PLAYERS..... and then donors will lose their enthusiasm.....ISU knows first hand how long it takes to "rebuild" a program....we are doing it in a couple of other sports right now....

.....this is the exact type of situation the leadership in the Athletic Department gets paid to handle....evaluate...recognize....and resolve it.....give the players the best chance possible to show their talents...with the "next Julie Wright"....who will make her mark and move on.... :twocents:

I'm not completely positive on this but I think ISU was eliminated from a possible playoff berth today. They split with No. Dakota while No. Colorado, the team right ahead of them in the standings split with Weber St. ISU is 8-12 in conference play 13-33 overall, UNC is 8-8 in the conference 26-24 overall..

Both teams have one game remaining so I think today did it.

PBP

....Anybody know how long's it been since we haven't even qualified for the Big Sky softball tournament.....much less hosted it ?..... :censored: .."Everyone put on your lifejackets please....Women (how appropriate...Women's SB) and children to the life boats first".....

clawsout said:
....Anybody know how long's it been since we haven't even qualified for the Big Sky softball tournament.....much less hosted it ?..... :censored: .."Everyone put on your lifejackets please....Women (how appropriate...Women's SB) and children to the life boats first".....

We qualified last year, and last hosted in 2015. In fact, this is the only year we haven't qualified for a postseason since the BigSky Conference began sponsoring softball in 2013. I can't remember if the old PCSC had a postseason tournament, or if the team with the best record won the title. But if it did, then the last time we didn't make the postseason would be the 2011-2012 season.

Latest posts

Back