• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

It's Poll Time

Skippy

I submitted my Big Sky pre-season basketball poll votes this week -- the true indication that hoops is upon us. Here is my men's ballot and some thoughts behind it. I'll talk about my women's vote in another post.
1. Montana: the Griz are talented, deep and athletic. Ahmad Rorie, Michael Oguine and Sayeed Pridget are returning starters, and D-1 transfers Donavan Dorsey and Jamar Akoh give the Griz more firepower upfront.
2. Idaho: the Vandals are one of the few teams in the league who play defense. They return one of the best all-around players in the league in Vic Sanders, and Perrion Callendret from injury.
3. Weber State: Wildcats lose Jeremy Senglin, their leader and best player, but add former 4-star Ute recruit Brekkot Chapman to a good core of returners.
4.Montana State: Tyler Hall, the best player in the league, returns to a team that has gotten gradually better every year under Brian Fish.
5. Eastern Washington: the Eagles lost double-double machine Jacob Wiley to graduation, but return Bogdan Bliznyuk, one of the best offensive players on the West Coast.
6. Northern Colorado: Jeff Linder did a great job keeping the Bears competitive in the wake of recruiting sanctions. Guard Jordan Davies is one of the best players in the league.
7. North Dakota: The defending league champs lost a ton of talent to graduation and transfer, but they return excellence at guard in Geno Crandall and Cortez Seales.
8. Idaho State: the Bengals were the worst defensive and rebounding team in the league last year. They have added several big bodies and productive rebounders, who can hopefully resolve some of the issues on the boards. And hopefully they can only get better on the defensive end. They will be one of the bigger and more experienced teams in the conference.
9. Portland State: the Vikings lived on turnover margin last year -- and still finished a game under .500. They were 10-3 at home, but "home" will be off campus this year as they complete renovation of the Stott Center.
10. Sacramento State: the Hornets will be looking for contributors to surround returning stars Justin Strings and Marcus Graves.
11. Northern Arizona: the Axers weren't very good last year and they don't return anybody who averaged more than 7 points a game.
12. Southern Utah: The T-birds were awful last year and return only one significant contributor, guard James McGee.

Thanks Skippy! This is a great synopsis of the teams in the Big Sky Conference. We, at least I, don't know a lot about some of the new Bengals this year - but hope springs eternal! I hope they prove you wrong, (nothing against you, I think you picked them right where they belong), and they finish in the top third of the conference. I've got a feeling that Bill Evans will makes sure they're a better defensive team this year.

Are they really not going to play any exhibition games prior to the start of the season? I don’t see any in ththe schedule.

bengalcub said:
Are they really not going to play any exhibition games prior to the start of the season? I don’t see any in ththe schedule.

Yes Steve Schaack tells me they are playing two closed scrimmages instead of an exhibition game.

Skippy said:
bengalcub said:

Yes Steve Schaack tells me they are playing two closed scrimmages instead of an exhibition game.

Skippy, are these intra-squad scrimmages, or a "secret" scrimmage with another school?

SLCBengal said:
Skippy said:
bengalcub said:

Skippy, are these intra-squad scrimmages, or a "secret" scrimmage with another school?
“Secret scrimmages” with another school. I believe the women are playing theirs at BSU next weekend—but you didn’t hear it from me. 😀

Latest posts

Back