• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

It's Time for Some Hoops!

Skippy

The men's team kicks off its exhibition season Thursday night at 7 at Reed Gym against the College of Great Falls, an NAIA Frontier Conference team. The Argos are 5-1 on the season, having beaten the University of Alberta-Augustana twice, Northwest Indian College and Lethbridge twice, and lost to the University of Alberta. Their best player is Marcus Hinds, a 5-11 guard from Mississippi, who is averaging over 20 points a game on 53 percent three-point shooting. The Argos are a true "melting pot" of players, with kids from Spain, the Virgin Islands and Montreal -- as well as from the Huntley Project, Montana.

Should be a fun first outing. Looking forward to seeing all the new Bengals for the first time.

The women begin their official exhibition season on Saturday at 2 p.m. against Western New Mexico at Reed Gym. Seton's team will be playing a whole bunch of freshmen and sophomores this year, so this will be a big step on their learning curve. Come on out and get your hoops fix.

bengalcub said:
Can we catch any of these games on BigSkyTV? I know the volleyball matches at Reed Gym have video.

I don't think so, Cub, they usually don't broadcast the exhibition games. I'll check with Steve to be sure.

With the football game Saturday not starting until 5:30 Pocatello time, I hope the fans will come out to see the women's game earlier that same day.

11 players, sophomores or younger, will probably be a tad nervous and a good crowd will help them through it. It's going to be a learning curve for a lot of these kids (and maybe Seton as well) but I'm confident that by conference time they'll have figured things out.

Like Brad said, Seton always finds a way.

PBP

Checked with Steve and the women's game Saturday will NOT be available on Stretch Internet. (I assume this goes for the men as well since they are playing an exhibition game...)

PBP

PBP said:
Checked with Steve and the women's game Saturday will NOT be available on Stretch Internet. (I assume this goes for the men as well since they are playing an exhibition game...)

PBP
Neither will be on Big Sky TV, either. Sorry guys.

I'm hoping that some of you faithful fans on this forum are able to attend the exhibition game tonight. I'd love to hear how it goes and I'm sure some other out of state basketball fans would also. It would be great to get some insight on some of the players and how the boys look. Thanks so much!

Tonight's game IS on Stretch Internet, but NOT on BigSky TV. Radio pregame starts at 6:30 on 102.5 FM and AM930.

GO BENGALS!

Steve must have got them to pick it up then since he said Wednesday it would not be on (regarding the women's game).

I see on ISU's /Stretch site that the women's game is now listed (so far that's the only one). So if you can't make it out you can hear Brad on the call Saturday. His pregame show will start at 1:40. Stretch coverage is listed to start at 1:45. I don't know if Brad will have some help as an analyst or not.

I'll pick up coverage for the rest of the season starting with the regular season opener at Wash. State on November 16th.

PBP

RUHS said:
So how'd it go last night? I saw that ISU won but was anyone there that can comment on things?
On the pre-game show Bill said, "I don't expect us to be very good offensively because we really haven't spent much time on our set offense." On the post game show he said, "Our offense was horrible, as I expected." I think that summed it up. Bill said he expects to see a lot of improvement in the set offense by next week's exhibition game. We all have to remember it's very early and the Bengals will be playing a lot of new players who are going to have to learn to play together. Based solely on last night, you'd have to say the Bengals will struggle to score this year. Fortunately, we will have a lot more games to base our impressions on.

Thanks Skippy. Looks like a few of us are heading from So Cal to Albuquerque for New Mex game.
Let me know if anyone is planning on getting out there!

SLCBengal said:
Skippy, from the box score, it doesn't look like Marcus Bradley played/participated in the game..?

He was out with an injury of some sort. Bill didn't want to discuss details, but said he "hoped" Marcus would be available Wednesday night against Montana Tech.

Latest posts

Back