• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Jake Pele Set to visit Idaho State.

bengalcub

From Scout.com:

By Brandon Huffman
West Recruiting Manager
Posted Dec 15, 2008

Auburn (Wash.) Riverside linebacker Jake Pele, an all-SPSL North selection, got some good news when a Big Sky program extended him his first offer...

Auburn (Wash.) Riverside linebacker Jake Pele did everything he could this spring and summer, going to camps and combines all over.

He followed it up with a good senior season, earning all-SPSL honors on both sides of the ball.

Over the weekend, Pele finally got the words he was hoping for.

"I just got my first official offer from Idaho State," said Pele. "(Receivers) Coach Drew Miller called me up and was as excited as I was when he told me they are offering me a full ride scholarship."

The offer from the Bengals was followed up with the scheduling of an official visit.

"I have my official visit set up with them January 16," said Pele. "If that goes great, I might possibly commit, but for now I am just looking forward to the visit and am as excited as ever. Right Now I am sky high with Idaho State."

Pele has played running back, linebacker and defensive end for the Ravens, and its the latter that Idaho State envisions him playing.

"They are recruiting me as a defensive end," said Pele. "I'm just looking forward to the visit. I am just happy I have a chance to play college football at the next level with my education getting paid for. They also have a great criminal justice program, which me and Coach Miller talked about a little. I plan on majoring in criminal justice or teaching. I have a lot to find out about Idaho State, and I'm looking forward to learning about what all the university has to offer."

As a senior, Pele was named Team Captain, Team MVP, All-SPSL North at linebacker and running back and an all-state game nominee. In nine games, he had 50 tackles, 15 for loss, three sacks, three forced fumbles and two recoveries.

Offensively, he rushed for 552 yards on 104 attempts and scored five touchdowns.

Here are some others...

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=11&cfg=null&yr=2009&pid=-1&sspid=-1&iRatingValue=-1&iGetJUCOFlag=-1&iCommitFlag=-1&iGroupbyPosition=0&toinid=780&iInterestLevelId=-1&iOffer=-1&iRecruitVisitFlag=-1&OrderbyColumn=RatingValue

Thanks, Cub. I'm assuming the QB Ray Walser we have offered is the son of former Bengal Dave Walser? He sure looks like Dave, who was a terrific LB/DE for the 1981 national champs.

It has to be Walser's son--it look just like him. I have heard that ISU is on a QB that had a father that played for ISU--he seems to fit the mold.

I have decided that "Legacy" includes past and present as well as sons of player who had fathers that played different sports. It is the only way that I can compete with you, by my rules.

I cannot find anything saying we have offered Ray Walser, note, does not mean we have or have not, just nothing saying we have. Here is a list of the kids showing us as having offered them; list is from both Scout and Rival. They don't always agree on offers. These lists are not always accurate, kids don't always understand the difference between offers and contact.

Rodney Reagons 6-1 220 MLB Chandlar, AZ
Caleve Deboskie 6-0 165 WR Chandlar, AZ
Ronald McCrory 5-10 165 WR West Hill, CA
Matt McCarthy 6-6 275 OL Sacramento, CA
Dylan Reda 6-2 224 MLB San Clementa, CA
J.R. McConico 6-0 175 CB Los Angelos, CA
Mason Higham 6-4 240 DE Shelley, Idaho
John Hubert 5-10 185 RB Waco, TX
Everett Gilbert 5-9 177 RB Rockwell, TX
"Alo"ofa Ta'a 6-1 260 DT Seattle, Wash
Rob Tramonte 6-2 245 DE Issaquah, Wash
Jake Pele 6-1.5 240 MLB Auburn, Wash
Tonka Marson 6-0 195 S Honolulo, HI

JC

Alex Licano 6-1 268 DT Glendale, AZ
David Peterson 6-3 295 OL Rocklin, CA
Adam Beauchamp 6-1 230 MLB Glendale, AZ
Jarrid Nash 6-2 240 SLB Glendale, AZ
Bruce Friesin 5-9 195 RB Bakersfield, CA origianally from Ohio I believe.

According to SuperPrep, Torrance West offensive lineman Mark Clampitt received his first offer on Saturday, from ISU. He'll be flying to Pocatello on January 16, and ISU's interested in having him play at either the offensive guard or defensive tackle position. I wonder if he's any relation to Jed? Here's a link to the article:

http://arizonastate.scout.com/a.z?s=43&p=2&c=823899&refid=400

Actually I came across the article by mistake, as I was looking to see whether or not Fox Sports Arizona will be carrying the ISU-ASU game tomorrow at noon. And I still haven't found this out and I'm still searching.

The Seattle Times is reporting Pele has given a verbal to ISU...

Jake Pele of Auburn Riverside has given a verbal commitment to Idaho State to play football as a defensive end. Pele said he chose Idaho State over Montana State.

Add Diamond Weaver to the list of JC players offered. CB from Santa Rosa JC.

Take Adam Beauchamp 6-1 230 MLB Glendale, AZ off the list, committed to Missouri State.

bengalcub said:
It has to be Walser's son--it look just like him. I have heard that ISU is on a QB that had a father that played for ISU--he seems to fit the mold.

YES Ray is Dave Walser's son. Looks just like him and they do live in the Mr Vernon Wash. area.

I hope ISU gives him a shot....

To give you some of what I know as insider....

I coached Ray Walser in 2006 and 2007 at Mt. Vernon HS in Washington, and he is heavily favoring Idaho State over interest from WSU and UW.

The UW interest is probably waning with Sarkisian, but he definately believes in the family "legacy" so to speak.

And if I may say so myself, Ray Walser is an extremely under-rated talent. He has great mental focus, makes outstanding decisions, and works his tail off. He was All-Conference as a Junior and Senior, and was a consenus All-State pick for the Northwest Conference (where he plays out of).

You guys will love the kid.

Latest posts

Back