• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

James Delacenserie QB Verbals to Bengals.

I'm real happy about that. He had his visit at ISU last Friday, Dec. 14th, and I take it that things went very well. We'll see if he gets a shot at playing as a freshman.

Do these new threads mean we can finally un-stick, un-pin, un-do the 2012 football verbals at the top of the page? :kisswink:

Good size, and smart. Glad he picked #112 over #121. At least he knows what he's getting into. I assume that Kramer is only recruiting those that will come and play right away, and not those who plan on running off on a mission. Those coming back in two years may not find the Big Human in the Pocatello area, despite current statements of management to the contrary.

We have to give Kramer the time to recruit and sign the players that he wants on his team to build the program. Hopefully, he signs the players that he wants and signs the players that can help win games.

You're preaching to the choir, pilgrim. I am for giving him as much time as it takes, as I believe he is the only one who can pull this 'program' out of the toilet. It took years to attain this level of performance, and it is easier to destroy than to build. I just don't have any faith in the administration staying the course, should he have two more years like the last two. This isn't BYU, Utah, or Utah State. ISU is #112 out of 122 FCS football teams(Sagarin rankings). Kramer himself said it would take 1,000 practices to get up to speed. Waiting two years to start the process would be foolish.
I'd like an absolute, no holds barred, unequivocal statement from administration that Kramer will be HC through the 2015 season. Anything short of that, is administrative bullsh*t.

otis - What do you mean by saying "Waiting two years to start the process would be foolish"? Are you saying Kramer needs to start having winning seasons before his contract ends otherwise the administration will not renew his contract? What do you recommend? I noticed the first three verbal recruits to ISU are high school players so it appears that Kramer is sticking to his game plan about just recruiting and wanting to sign high school players. It would appear that Kramer and the administration are on the same page about just recruiting high school players otherwise Kramer would be announcing to the public that he will be recruiting and signing JUCO players so his team has a chance at having a winning season in the next two years.

Waiting two years is a reference to going after those players who choose to go on a LDS mission before playing football. This program doesn't have the luxury of waiting two more years before producing results, unlike the teams I mentioned. I doubt there are five star players lined up, just waiting for the opportunity to play for ISU. Lets wait until fall camp to see how many JCs are put into the mix.

You are right, ISU does not have the luxury of offering scholarships to recruits wanting to go on a LDS mission out of high school. They are not 4 star or 5 star type of players. They can walk-on to ISU when they return from their mission and earn a scholarship just like any other walk-on that wants to play football.

Kramer needs the top incoming freshmen he canget to come to ISU, but I don't think they need to be starters their first year'. He does not want to use the JUCO players if he does't have to. He's looking for good recruites that will stay with the 4 year program. Some might start if a certain position is weak, but I think Kramer would rather mold these recruites to fit his style of play. TOP NOTCH RETURNING MISSIONARIES CAN WALK ON AND GET A SCHOLORSHIP. Maybe they couldn't get one because they wanted to go a mission first, but they will be more developed, more mature, better mindset, than the other incoming freshmen when they apply. I don't see a problem there myself.

I would not be surprised if Kramer signs at least 40% or more JUCO players in 2013. I do not think Kramer wants to wait another 3 years to start winning games as he is tired of watching his team get beat badly every game for the last 2 years. We all know that he cannot have a winning season with his returning players in 2013 even though he believes they will be better on defense. Hopefully, he gets some talented JUCO players with size and speed.

If Mike were to sign 40% of his upcoming recruiting class via the JUCO route that would be contrary to everything he has said publicly.

I think he will sign a few JUCO players that contacted him (remember he's said he will not go out and actively recruit JUCO's and dropdowns) but I would be very surprised if the number was as high as you project.

We'll know in about five weeks I guess.

PBP

APR problems are gone now. I do not know about you but I see no reason why Kramer should not recruit and sign the best JUCO players that he can find that qualify academically at ISU. Who is a better player, an experience JUCO player that has played 2 years of college football or a high school player that has no college playing experience? I would go with the JUCO player 100%.

I'm not saying he should or he shouldn't that's not my call. All I'm saying is that as recently as his last appearance on the coaches show he specifically said he was not going to recruit JUCO's and dropdowns...outside of a few JUCO's that had contacted him because they are interested in the health science field that ISU offers.

If he does that would run contrary to everything he has said publicy. He certainly has the right to change his mind and recent developments could certainly have changed the situation, if it has though, Mike is keeping that change to himself. Until he says something differently I have to assume his comments (which have been consistent) haven't changed or altered.

We'll see in five weeks.

PBP

Up For the Challenge, I feel for ya brother. I stated about getting some good JUCO players some time ago, even long before Coach K made his statement that he would not go that route. Lets say that you have a bunch of freshmen and sophmores on hand with a mix of Jrs and Srs made up from last years team, plus some very good JUCO players. Each year as you recruite you will have some very good sophmores and a few elite freshmen move up with those Srs and those sr juco players that where good, each year. My thinking may be way off, but this looks like a stronger team, plus a more talented team every year. Do you know anything about the way USU has recruited in this big rise to winning seasons?

Latest posts

Back