• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Jared Allen Retires

Skippy

The ISU alum with the most successful NFL career is hanging up his spurs after 12 seasons. I'm sure there are some mixed feelings over his "School of Culinary Arts" intros, but he did pay for the remodeling of the weight room and he was ISU's most visible rep -- for good or bad -- for a dozen years. Greatest ISU player ever???

PS--Appropriately Jared announced his retirement in a video where he sits on a horse and turns to "ride off into the sunset. But seeing how there's no sunset, I'm just going to ride off."

yes it matters.
if he graduated then he 'represents' Idaho state
if he didn't then he's just some body who passed through - like thousands of others
lots of people make money.... that don't mean shit.
(unless you worship that kind of thing)

I'd say Jared is probably the most recognizable "representative" of Idaho State since pianist Roger Williams. And he didn't graduate from ISU either -- he was enrolled in the V-12 program during WW-II. I have no idea if Jared ever graduated, but he will be forever linked to Idaho State as its most accomplished football player. And I don't think anybody with the university is going to disassociate themselves from him. Especially since he's in the Ring of Honor.

spartan said:
yes it matters.
if he didn't then he's just some body who passed through - like thousands of others

I don't "worship" it but the fact that he and his family are set financially for the rest of their lives and probably his children too certainly means something with or without a degree.

Let's put it this way, there are a number of people who graduated from ISU (or any other college you care to name) who are struggling to find work right now and make ends meet.

In this economy, today in this country, maybe getting a degree doesn't mean what it used to. "Representing" a school when you can't pay your rent or are living with your parents doesn't mean shit either.

PBP

PBP said:
spartan said:
yes it matters.

I don't "worship" it but the fact that he and his family are set financially for the rest of their lives and probably his children too certainly means something with or without a degree.

Let's put it this way, there are a number of people who graduated from ISU (or any other college you care to name) who are struggling to find work right now and make ends meet.

In this economy, today in this country, maybe getting a degree doesn't mean what it used to. "Representing" a school when you can't pay your rent or are living with your parents doesn't mean shit either.

PBP

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Does the weight room have a title, like School of Culinary Arts Training Center? He didn't HAVE to fund it. Just wondering after all the years of his backhanding ISU on national TV.

He funded it because he felt he owed something to the school that gave him the chance to go into the NFL and earn a great living for he and his family.

And the "School of Culinary Arts" is a joke, always has been. Lots of guys do things like that on the national telecast. I took no offense by it at all.

PBP

Latest posts

Back