• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Jay Staggs Added to Coaching Staff

SLCBengal

[tweet]https://twitter.com/CoachJayStaggs/status/968505553755373568[/tweet]

UNLV alum and was a grad assistant there before becoming defensive coordinator at Adams State...

http://www.asugrizzlies.com/coaches.aspx?rc=425

wow, sounds like he was a helluva player at UNLV and played professionally. Pretty cool. The players he is coaching in his unit should be able to glean a lot from him.

I'm not seeing why this guy was brought on.? Other than the link through UNLV. obviously coach phen sees something not apparent at first sight. Maybe it's the recruiting ability.Honestly though, hasn't phen done to Staggs what was done to Phen last season? Hired a guy after all the recruiting was over?I'll figure out my true feelings when we all see 4-5 games next season.

bengalcub said:
Adams State has surrendered an average of 42.50 PPG and 531 YPG over the past three seasons.

Hey that is close to our surrender average of 39 PPG and 481 YPG over the last three years. My question is what did we do to improve our defense during this past recruiting season for the 2018 season besides making a defensive coaching change as coaches just coach? How many defensive starters come back for the 2018 season? Obviously, our last three seasons on defense has been below average. Is our offense capable of scoring 40 points plus per game? Our last three years say no at a 24 Point Average Per Game on offense. I realize that Stats do not always count but the scoreboard at the end of the game is what counts. It is called a W or a L.

Official announcement:

http://www.isubengals.com/news/2018/2/27/football-jay-staggs-hired-as-safeties-coach.aspx

I hope coach Phen can teach his friends how to coach. These resumes are not going to sell many tickets or inspire donors. GO BENGALS

50 yr fan said:
I hope coach Phen can teach his friends how to coach. These resumes are not going to sell many tickets or inspire donors. GO BENGALS
[/

If anything he does bring in some coaching experience and did play at a high level. He must love football.

First, who cares what his defense did at Adam's State, he is the safeties coach not the DC. Second, all coaches hire people they know, people they are comfortable with and trust to coach the way they want. Let the coach hire who he wants without passing judgement, if you want to do the hiring then get in the coaching field. Otherwise wait until a failure before questioning what is happening.

Our defense ranks at the bottom almost every year and has so for a very long time. I do not blame the actual coaching during games as players play but it is obvious our recruiting of players on defense is not so good. Maybe, coach Jay Staggs knows out to recruit players to make our defense better.

way to support the players - nothing like a 'true' fan expressing themselves - 'you stay classy san diego'

spartan said:
way to support the players - nothing like a 'true' fan expressing. themselves - 'you stay classy san diego'

Do not worry Spartan what the fans say. Jay Staggs will improve the safety position as he played that position at a high level.

Latest posts

Back