• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

JC Players Commit

SLCBengal

A couple of JC players commited to ISU this week and appear to be ready this fall...

6'4", 260# DE Darrius Harris from LA Valley College...
https://twitter.com/dharris_14/status/999358162720321536
[tweet]https://twitter.com/dharris_14/status/999358162720321536[/tweet]

6'3", 220# QB Matt Struck from Riverside CC...
https://twitter.com/2_juiceddd/status/1000557562952015872
[tweet]https://twitter.com/2_juiceddd/status/1000557562952015872[/tweet]

Wulfz said:
Anyone know how many players are able to stay for the summer?

Some of the players have told me its hard to get an exact number since guys are working et al. They practice in the mornings for now. It started this past Tuesday.

PBP

up for the challenge said:
The Journal listed both JC Players as part of the 2018 signing class. You do not sign as an invited walk-on or walk-on.

Just curious -- do you have a link for this? The only list I see on the ISJ is for "committments." Two new running backs are listed, including one who I believe is the brother of Mario Jenkins (Samaje Woodall)...

Read more: 2018 ISU Football Commits

I believe the 2018 commits listed in the journal are the players that signed which are considered scholarship players going into the 2018 season.

Wrong. There are known walk-ons on that list. It's not hard to figure out who.

Spudhead said:
I believe the 2018 commits listed in the journal are the players that signed which are considered scholarship players going into the 2018 season.

Wrong. There are known walk-ons on that list. It's not hard to figure out who.

These two JC Players signed according to the journal. The journal listed these players as signed which means these players are scholarship players. You do not sign as a walkon.

The Journal link says commitments, it does not say who has a scholarship or not.

Walk-ons are not required to sign NLOI. However, preferred walk-ons often get a letter to sign so they can celebrate at their respective schools. This is actually pretty common.

The journal said the following:

"This list will be updated as players announce their commitments to Idaho State".

"Read about Idaho State's 2018 signing class here".

When the Journal said "2018 signing class here" than that tells me the two JC Players are on a scholarship as both are listed to the updated commitment list. Preferred walkons do not sign so are not on a contract like scholarship players.

Oh sweet Jesus. :roll:

"Read about Idaho State's 2018 signing class HERE" is a LINK. Clicking the HERE takes you to the signing class article from February!!! And these JC players are not listed anywhere on the SIGNING CLASS article.

Spudhead said:
Oh sweet Jesus. :roll:

"Read about Idaho State's 2018 signing class HERE" is a LINK. Clicking the HERE takes you to the signing class article from February!!! And these JC players are not listed anywhere on the SIGNING CLASS article.

You are right as I see the WO before his name for JC QB. The JC DL has no WO so I assume he is a signed player.

We really need the DE to help us. Adding another QB who looks pretty good as a walk-on is a plus. I do feel really good about our QB situation with Tanner, Gunnar, and Drew I think we have the next 3 or 4 years covered as long as they all stay healthy. Getting a good QB signed in the next class will be very important.

Will JC transfer QB Matt Struck Redshirt? No reason to sit on the pine unless he is going to play. He must be pretty good as Oregon State was interested in him after his senior year in high school.

Latest posts

Back