• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Joe's Contract?

sasquatch

Does anybody know if O'Brien's contract contains a stipend for media appearances like radio and TV appearances? If he has one, is it set at one amount or is it on a tier-like system where he receives an amount for each additional appearance?

ISU doesn't have a TV coaches show that I know of anymore, and I think Joe is absent from the radio show more than most. There wasn't an opportunity to call him up tonight and ask him if he thought his and Cory's selfish actions cost the team a chance to win against Sacramento State. Yeah, I'm still ticked about that. Did he just not have the faith in his team to pull out that win, so he proceeded to get himself thrown out?

Speaking of the radio show, is it posible to get into the 21st century? Is it possible to text, email, or even Twitter a question into the show while it's going on?

sasquatch said:
There wasn't an opportunity to call him up tonight and ask him if he thought his and Cory's selfish actions cost the team a chance to win against Sacramento State. Yeah, I'm still ticked about that. Did he just not have the faith in his team to pull out that win, so he proceeded to get himself thrown out?

That's a heck of a question. I'd be sure to do it over the phone, so you don't have to dodge clipboards, glasses, or assistant coaches being flung through the air at you.

Guys, respectfully there is more to this than meets the eye.

I understand that we are all frustrated. We can criticize play calling, recruiting and temperament , but in this situation his lack of participation should be understood.

Please trust me on this one, without question.

Fair enough. Getting frustrated and taking cheap shots on here probably doesn't do much.

For the record, I think he would win if he could calm the hell down and teach rather than scream. I think he has more X's and O's knowledge than given credit for, just doesn't get it across in a meaningful way and his teams seem to tune him out after all the screaming. But what the hell do I know... I'm not in his shoes and I'm not at every practice. Just an outside viewpoint.

On the plus side, I had a chance to listen to just a little bit of the coach's show in the car with the wife Monday night and heard Sobo talking about the women's team. Good basketball is good basketball. Good to see them bounce back this last weekend after a ridiculous road stretch (Thanks Big Sky scheduling :roll: ). Hope they are back on track and that tourney ends up here! This has been a fun team to watch!

Latest posts

Back