• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

John L. Smith?

The finalist for WHO WOULD WANT TO COACH AT ISU, 2006 edition:

Mark Weber:
http://www.byucougars.com/StaffProfile.jsp?ID=160
Is the offensive line that important?

Bobby Wilder:
http://www.odusports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/wilder_bobby00.html
3-1 in season one of a first year program.

Mick McCall
http://nusports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/mccall_mick00.html
Can you say offense?

Ted, John L. Smith is the Special Teams Coordinator and Outside Linebackers coach at the Univ. of Arkansas, under Bobby Petrino. I've always wondered if he would ever think about coaching at ISU, but years ago when he was coaching at Idaho, he once said, "I don't have anything to say about ISU and the success they've had with that program." Very true -- we've had little success in the last 30 years or so. A few years ago John L. inquired about the job opening at Idaho before they hired Akey, but he didn't want to sign a multi-year contract -- he only wanted to sign a one or two year deal.

BTW, I don't know what Cub's got against you, but I've always enjoyed watching them and hopefully will get to see you on TV when I'm in Poky this weekend for homecoming. Here's a link::::::

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=30722&SPID=2419&DB_OEM_ID=6100&ATCLID=204769899&Q_SEASON=2009

My above post had nothing to do with my disdain for Ted. I merely thought he was identifying coaching talent, so I made a contribution. My bad if I misunderstood, I thought this was an ISU football thread, so I assumed.

I'm not talking about that post, I'm just talking about several posts you've made here showing your disdain for Ted for all to see, and he's got a right to post here just like anyone else.

You must be referring to his comments on the coaches show and the ONE comment that I made when Ted chastised the coaches show. Yep, he has a right to post whatever he wants as do I. I made one comment and one comment that I will stand by. As far as I am concerned it is over.

If you had a problem with it then, say so.

While Smith is an Idaho native he is also a Weber grad so you probably don't want to hire him. lol

I hope ISU the best to get things going again, it hasn't been that long since you won the Big Sky in football.

Back in 1994, after Idaho dispatched the Bengals 70-21, John L. Smith met Brian McNeeley at midfield and said, "And that one's for your president, for destroying the Big Sky Conference." His reference was to Dr. Bowen's ill-fated initiative to have the entire Big Sky Conference drop down to Division II. Shortly thereafter, Nevada, BSU and Idaho departed the conference for Division I. A lot of folks felt Bowen's initiatve gave Boise State the leverage it needed to convince the State Board of Education, which was initially against a move to D-I, to allow the Broncos to move up. And once BSU moved up, there was no way to stop Idaho.

Latest posts

Back