• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Just curious....

isusid

Gotta a note from Bengal Roar that I had the clock countdown wrong (oops), and it is fixed now...gotta new clock too...I kinda like it.

ISUSID

Sorry isusid. I was going to give you props on that yesterday but forgot too. It looks great to me. I really like the team helmet on there. We are getting closer to game time as the seconds tick away! Go Bengals!

BTW, i found the FoxArizona channel on my folks TV last night when i was visiting them and it was on channel 415 on Dishnetwork.

Hey I'm new on hear and at ISU. I am excited about the possibilities this year with the bengals. Since I have been up hear i have tried to at least peek in on practices. I am not the most informed on NCAA rules and things, but I was wondering how much they can practice preseason and before their first game? Any insight would help.

Here's a good link, ISUDude:

http://sportschatterblog.com/?p=1929

Basically, you get 29 on-field practice sessions before the first game.

Thanks. That link really helped. They have been practicing for quite a while, where is ISU at in relation to the practice number?

No clue, but we started practice like Aug.4, and the first game is September 5, and they had double-days, so I think they are good. Much tighter at Eastern which started very late but has a longer double-day period then us due to when school starts.

ISUSID

It would seem from the dates that you gave that the bengals would be on the verge of using up those practices too early. From what I have seen they have only had one day off so far. That would put them at like 26 by my calculations from what I have seen.

I think it would be fair to say that ISU won't be breaking any NCAA practice rules...as they didn't have 2-a-days every day.

ISUDude, I guess i am confused at your posts? Are you an ISU fan or are you from the NCAA? You seem to be so caught up in how many days of practice they have done thus far that it is showing through your posts. I would hope and am sure they have it under control.

the bengals have been holding 'double-secret' three a day practices since the start of june. they hold them in holt arena after it closes. don't tell anyone but the total number of practices so far is 148... they are also wearing illegal socks....

jeez

I heard the same Spartan, but there is so much more that I cannot say.

Well, since we are all fans, we can keep a secret. The number is closer to 200 and the coaches require that all the kids get stoned, drink beer and do steroids seven days a weeks. They are telling the kids that they must participate or they will get kicked off the team. I think they are doing that to cover there asses. To top it off they are not allowing players water breaks during practice and they are putting weed in the brownies and treats during the kids meals. It's a travesty, but they cannot keep it a secret forever.

Finally, and the worst kept secret of all...

All of this kids that weigh over 290 are required to ingest laxatives before practice in an attempt to get weight down. I asked a few players about it the other day after they were finished running eight 100's at the end of practice. Kids were saying that the whole workout was the shits, really the shits. Players were pooping their pants during team stretch for crying out loud..during team stretch, I tell you.

Time to drop the program, period. The NCAA should be launching some sort of investigation.

ISUDude, call Joel Vickery in the compliance office to set up an appointment if you are worried about anything like this. Joel can show you all the NCAA documentation that you are looking for. Can we talk about Arizona State? I'm sorry, everyone else is talking about Arizona State .... can ISU Dude talk about Arizona State?

ISUSID

Arizona State talk? None. Not even on the ASU board.

Can't say I blame anyone... who wants to talk about a team that will start the home schedule 0-2 after two straight poundings.

The first two games against ASU and OU will not tell much about this ISU team's football capabilities, unless of course, they pull off the upset of the century or at least play competitively for more than a couple of series of downs. Their character and enthusiasm will certainly be tested and this could be beneficial to the team. The tests in the first two weeks could yield benefits for the rest of the season when we return to our own level of competition.
We won't get any kind of read on this team until the Weber road game and then the first home game with Central Washington. Hopefully, injuries don't enter the equation and overwhelm everything.

Latest posts

Back