• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Just short

pocatato

Never give up Bengals women come back from 18-3 start to close within two with UM. Wood scores 32. Four Bengals foul out. This team has a bright future.

Oh so close, but nothing to hang their heads for. Nice effort!

Nice job as well to the folks involved who also aired the post game presser on Big Sky TV. It's already available to watch again on-demand, and the presser at the end is included. Loved Seton's sarcasm about Woods being chosen honorable mention even though she's 5th in the conference in scoring - and after scoring 32 tonight.

We're in good hands with this coach and have a lot to look forward to next season.

Go Bengals!

I would agree! Next season and many to follow should be fun. I feel sorry for those who turned off the game too soon. Looks like Matt Gittins may have been one of those...lol. this article posted after the game on the ISU website states we just couldn't get any closer than 6 points at 61-55. :ohno:
just an fyi basketball fans... march madness is coming up, never turn off a basketball game with time left on the clock! You never know what might happen!

Truly bizarre game & second half…

Montana only won by 2 despite leading by double digits for more than 34 minutes (and it was still a 17-point game with 5:00 left!).

Montana didn't make a field goal the first 10:00 of the second half, yet still led by double digits for all of that stretch.

Montana still shot 40% despite making just 4 field goals in the second half.

An opposing player scored 32 points in Dahlberg, but didn't win the game.

I believe that's the first time I've seen a player fall down while attempting an inbound pass. :?

At least my team finished off the win, and the Lady Griz will definitely need that day off before the semis. Eastern has more dangerous talent than the Bengals, but I don't think the Eags are capable of that kind of scrappiness (they're also 0-6 in the semis under Schuller). Idaho State doesn't lose much in the offseason, so the odds favor your team to be in the upper tier next year.

Kids grew up a lot last night to be sure. Tremendous effort. They end the season even though they lost with a good taste in their mouths.

Congrats and thanks to Becca and Jaz for their efforts over the years and wish them well in their futures.

Like Mike Trujillo said on the postgame, the future looks very bright for this group.

Guess they proved to everyone (including maybe a head coach at a college in Northern idaho?) they belonged in the postseason field.

Now it's on to March Madness!

PBP

Basketball is a strange game. Goodness, if only we could have played better in those first five minutes. We dominated the second half. I cannot wait until next season. Let the count down begin. Go Bengals!

To support BengalBannMan's point, USC basketball has been awful this year with the youngest team of any power five conference. Lots of freshmen and sophomores. Last night in the PAC-12 tournament USC outscored Arizona State 24-4 in the latter part of the second half to win 67-64. Still down by 14 with about five minutes to go the Trojans played a furious second half to pull out the win. Not wise to look away.

Latest posts

Back