• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Just submitted my ballot

Skippy

For the final Sports Network FCS poll. I put Idaho State 21st, just behind MSU at 20, Montana at 16 and EWU at 9. Will be waiting to hear how it all turns out tomorrow. Next week we vote on the major awards -- Payton (offensive player of the year), Buchanan (defensive), Rice (freshmen of the year), and Robinson (coach of the year). Bengals will be getting votes from me in three categories. What a great season.

Ps: Craig Hailey of The Sports Network is predicting the Big Sky gets only three teams: EWU, Montana and MSU.

I completed my voting for the national awards yesterday. You can vote for up to five people in each category: (Payton, Buchanan, Robinson and Rice awards). Justin Arias got my top vote for the Payton Award, followed by DeAndre Carter of Sac State and Vernon Adams of EWU. Mike Kramer got my top vote for the Robinson Award. And I placed Mario Jenkins No. 5 on my ballot for the Rice Award. No Bengals were nominated for the Buchanan Award.

Should be fun to see how these all turn out. I'm pretty confident Arias will finish as a Payton finalist. The Robinson Award is such a crap shoot, there are 20 really good candidates and it's so hard to differentiate between the various coaches. I hope Mario gets into the finals for the Rice Award, but even if he doesn't, the fact that he was nominated and will be getting votes increases his profile for next year. He'll be on a lot of pre-season All-American and all-conference teams.

Xavier Finney, although he didn't get nominated for the Payton Award, surely should start next year on the watch list, and should be a pre-season All-American. Madison Mangum should also be a pre-season All-American, and may start the year on the Payton Award watch list. And depending on how the Big Sky awards go (the all-conference teams will be announced today, Coach of the Year tomorrow), some Bengal offensive linemen might well be on pre-season All-America lists next season. Any positive publicity for Bengal players and coaches is good for the program.

Latest posts

Back