• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Kelvin Krosch will miss spring ball

BA_Bengals

I just heard Kelvin Krosch from Mackay had surgery on his wrist last Friday and more than likely will miss spring ball. Kelvin hurt his wrist in practice sometime in September but did not realize that he had broken it. He had it X-Rayed sometime last week and it showed a fracture. His status is 4-6 months. I am just amazed that he played the rest of the season and was able to make that big play late in the game against Sac State. Kudos to you Mr.Krosch.

I agree, Kudos to you Kelvin. I've heard those Mackay players are dedicated, loyal, hardworking and tougher than nails.I was disappointed this year that they did not use Kelvin more...I kept waiting for the touchdown pass in the end zone where Kelvin jumped up and caught the ball and then dunked it over the goal post!!!! Remember I said this kid is an awesome basketball player. My question now is can Kelvin receive a medical redshirt year. I really hope missing spring ball will not have an effective on his playing time next fall.

Kelvin can't get a medical redshirt...that's only for getting hurt in the first half of a season and only playing in 20% of the contests...Kelvin doesn't qualify on either front.

ISUSID

Frank, I heard he got hurt the first week of September and did he even hardly get to play in most games? So...wouldn't that qualify him for a medical redshirt?

According to the participation stats--he played in 10 games this season. He does not have to record a stat to have participated. He caught a pass in the last game of the season so there is no way that he could get a medical hardship.

I am not sure how current this is--but it may shed some more light on this subject:

A “medical red shirt” is not an official NCAA term, but the term is used when a student-athlete is injured after participating in a limited amount of competition during a particular academic year and then qualifies for a Medical Hardship Waiver.

Medical Hardship Waiver

If a student-athlete suffers a season-ending injury or illness after competing in a limited amount of competition during a particular academic year, he/she may qualify for a medical hardship waiver which would allow him/her an additional season of competition during the five-year period of eligibility. To qualify for a medical hardship:

(a) the student-athlete’s injury or illness must occur in one of the four seasons of intercollegiate competition or subsequent to the first day of classes in the student-athlete’s senior year in high school;

(b) the injury or illness must occur prior to the completion of the first half of the playing season that concludes with the NCAA championship in that sport and must result in incapacity to compete for the remainder of that playing season; and

(c) the injury or illness must occur when the student-athlete has not participated in more than two contests/dates of competition or 20% of the institution’s scheduled contests/dates of competition in his/her sport (whichever number is greater).

Thanks, cub.....I still hope it doesn't hurt him missing spring ball for next fall because I really think he can contribute to the team....He is an awesome athlete.

I think Krosch will be good but we are stacked at wideout next year only spot left open for battle is the one ET left open so it might hurt him missing spring ball becasue the other kids will have a leg up on him.

Latest posts

Back