• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Kramer for Retirement - Vote

81Champs

For the love of God, let's hope Kramer announces his retirement at the end of the season.
Please Mike do the right thing for once.
We need new direction now. My heart goes out to the players, they really do deserve better coaching, especially on offense.
Enough is enough, this is truly embarrassing .....
I love football. I know football. This is NOT football.
Bring in any creative OC from any winning team at any level will be better than what we have now.
Too bad Kramer did not bring back Don Bailey when he had the chance. Bailey ran the show and we all know now who really was the Brains behind the offense, not just Justin Arias being a 5th year QB. Yes, he DID have the opportunity to
Bring Bailey back but arrogance got in the way.
God bless ISU football.

Kramer has another year on his contract. He is not going anywhere. He has more center blocks to install - another year of recruiting

Northern Colorado gets a win in OT at Portland State in a thriller. 56 - 49

If you ever ask how you build a program and how long it should take. Answer Wyoming and how long two recruiting classes. That's all it took for Coach Bohl to beat powerhouse Boise State. For ISU it's clear the text book definition of insanity is doing the same thing expecting a different result.

Eric hollowell said:
If you ever ask how you build a program and how long it should take. Answer Wyoming and how long two recruiting classes. That's all it took for Coach Bohl to beat powerhouse Boise State. For ISU it's clear the text book definition of insanity is doing the same thing expecting a different result.

Eric: this was the season that was suppose to be the turnaround season. It did not happen. Some will tell you it was because of injuries and players out for the season. That may have impacted the team to continue their losing of games...I do not know. I agree with you about the two year rule to rebuild a program. At this level college coaches are expected to win 50 percent of their games or more. Any D1 college coach will tell you that.

up for the challenge said:
Eric hollowell said:

Eric: this was the season that was suppose to be the turnaround season. It did not happen. Some will tell you it was because of injuries and players out for the season. That may have impacted the team to continue their losing of games...I do not know. I agree with you about the two year rule to rebuild a program. At this level college coaches are expected to win 50 percent of their games or more. Any D1 college coach will tell you that.
Up,
Yesterday was the first game I Saw This year. I felt sorry for the kids. They are good kids and good players. KW. Josh. Anthony. Joe.. and so many others. But like in Thoroughbred Racing it's either the jockey of the horse

Eric hollowell said:
Eric hollowell said:

Up,
Yesterday was the first game I Saw This year. I felt sorry for the kids. They are good kids and good players. KW. Josh. Anthony. Joe.. and so many others. But like in Thoroughbred Racing it's either the jockey of the horse

Even in high school I have seen teams lose every season. A lot of these teams have great talented players. That is where coaching begins and ends. I remember reading about a player that played in the NFL. He said he played OL in Youth football because he was the biggest player on the team. Well, he was also the fastest player . When he got to high school the coach turned him into a running back and started four years. Became an All American and went to USC and was drafted and played in the NFL

My only comment at this point is that very, very few programs, particularly with the track record that ISU has had for over 40 years and with the difficulties they face (as Brad has succinctly point out many times) can be rebuilt in two years. That's highly unlikely.

The Boise State game from what I have read was more of a case of they beat themselves as opposed to Wyoming winning it. BSU had a sizable lead, then started making mistakes.

Just my opinion.

PBP

PBP:

It has been 5 years of rebuilding. All of these scholarships players are Kramer recruits he signed. ISU is a good college, we have a stadium, we have a new practice field, brand new locker room, a new weight room, and a new physical therapy room. What else do we need to start winning here? Please tell us..

PBP:

It has been 5 years of rebuilding. All of these scholarships players are Kramer recruits he signed. ISU is a good college, we have a stadium, we have a new practice field, brand new locker room, a new weight room, and a new physical therapy room. What else do we need to start winning here? Please tell us..

Up : you asked = "What else do we need to start winning here? Please tell us". I will take a crack at answering that question. My math tells me that from what I read on this ISU message board is that this is the FIRST year we ARE NOT ON SCHOLARSHIP REDUCTION ANYMORE AND WE NOW HAVE A FULL ALLOTMENT OF 63 SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE TO THE FOOTBALL TEAM. I SINCERELY ASK SOMEONE TO CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG BECAUSE I ADMIT I MAY BE WRONG ABOUT THIS SEASON BEING FULL ALLOTMENT OF SCHOLLIES, MAYBE IT WAS LAST SEASON I DONT REMEMBER, I SINCERELY THOUGHT IT WAS THIS SEASON. So my math tells me that we are without 50 scholarship players over the last 5 years correct???? In that 5 years COULD NOT SOME OF THOSE 50 SCHOLARSHIP PLAYERS BE REDSHIRT 5th YEAR SENIORS RIGHT NOW AND 4th YEAR SENIORS AND JUNIORS ETC ETC?? So to answer your question of "What else do we need to start winning here? Please tell us". WE NEED SCHOLARSHIPS, WHICH WE NOW HAVE!!!!!! That is easy math. We are missing 50 scholarship players from the last 5 years and GOING FORWARD THAT NUMBER WILL DROP EVERY SINGLE YEAR and at some point THAT NUMBER WILL NOT BE A NEGATIVE NUMBER ANYMORE!! I really believe that will help with winning consistently and having sustainability. Answer #2 to your question of "What else do we need to start winning here? Please tell us" = of the FULL scholarships that OUR UNIVERSITY OFFERS TO HIGH SCHOOL PLAYERS it would really help the ISU football teams chances of winning if those players WOULD NOT TRANSFER AFTER ONE SEASON ON CAMPUS. That CERTAINLY HAS NOT HELPED THE CAUSE IN YEARS PAST NOR THIS SEASON INDIVIDUALLY AND WILL NOT HELP THE CAUSE GOING FORWARD

demian said:
PBP:

Up : you asked = "What else do we need to start winning here? Please tell us". I will take a crack at answering that question. My math tells me that from what I read on this ISU message board is that this is the FIRST year we ARE NOT ON SCHOLARSHIP REDUCTION ANYMORE AND WE NOW HAVE A FULL ALLOTMENT OF 63 SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE TO THE FOOTBALL TEAM. I SINCERELY ASK SOMEONE TO CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG BECAUSE I ADMIT I MAY BE WRONG ABOUT THIS SEASON BEING FULL ALLOTMENT OF SCHOLLIES, MAYBE IT WAS LAST SEASON I DONT REMEMBER, I SINCERELY THOUGHT IT WAS THIS SEASON. So my math tells me that we are without 50 scholarship players over the last 5 years correct???? In that 5 years COULD NOT SOME OF THOSE 50 SCHOLARSHIP PLAYERS BE REDSHIRT 5th YEAR SENIORS RIGHT NOW AND 4th YEAR SENIORS AND JUNIORS ETC ETC?? So to answer your question of "What else do we need to start winning here? Please tell us". WE NEED SCHOLARSHIPS, WHICH WE NOW HAVE!!!!!! That is easy math. We are missing 50 scholarship players from the last 5 years and GOING FORWARD THAT NUMBER WILL DROP EVERY SINGLE YEAR and at some point THAT NUMBER WILL NOT BE A NEGATIVE NUMBER ANYMORE!! I really believe that will help with winning consistently and having sustainability. Answer #2 to your question of "What else do we need to start winning here? Please tell us" = of the FULL scholarships that OUR UNIVERSITY OFFERS TO HIGH SCHOOL PLAYERS it would really help the ISU football teams chances of winning if those players WOULD NOT TRANSFER AFTER ONE SEASON ON CAMPUS. That CERTAINLY HAS NOT HELPED THE CAUSE IN YEARS PAST NOR THIS SEASON INDIVIDUALLY AND WILL NOT HELP THE CAUSE GOING FORWARD

Demian:

You were misinformed.

Kramer was hired in November 2010.

Since November 19, 2012 we have had a full allotment of scholarships of 63. Only two years of scholarship cuts due to Apr sanctions.

When a player scholarship is not renewed or if that scholarship player leaves on his own that scholarship becomes readily available.

Look for some players scholarships not to be renewed and look for some scholarship players leaving on their own by the end of this semester. Happens every year.

Also look for walk-ons currently on the team that have proven to be a scholarship player or has good grades to be given scholarships as that improves the APR's. Walk ons that do not have scholarships are not part of the APR's on the team.

I hope I answered your questions but please correct me if I am wrong.

Kramer runs his program the way he wants too. Nothing wrong with that. As a fan I would like to see the team win more games. I think Kramer and his coaching staff want to win. Can you imagine being a senior on the team and have losing seasons other than the 2014 season? Not just having a losing season but only winning one or two games a year? That is no fun...

ISU full ride scholarships in football, as reported by ISU to the State Board: FY 11--50.5; FY12--54.4; FY 13--58.5; FY15--55.3; FY 16 (estimate)--56.7.

PBP said:

My only comment at this point is that very, very few programs, particularly with the track record that ISU has had for over 40 years and with the difficulties they face (as Brad has succinctly point out many times) can be rebuilt in two years. That's highly unlikely.

The Boise State game from what I have read was more of a case of they beat themselves as opposed to Wyoming winning it. BSU had a sizable lead, then started making mistakes.

Just my opinion.

PBP
PBP that's not true. That game was nip and tuck the whole way. Wyoming played great D and won it in the end.

Skippy said:
ISU full ride scholarships in football, as reported by ISU to the State Board: FY 11--50.5; FY12--54.4; FY 13--58.5; FY15--55.3; FY 16 (estimate)--56.7.

Skippy:

Those full ride scholarship numbers are close to the 63 allotment. I wonder why we are not at the 63 number since the NCAA lifted the sanctions against us in November, 2012?

Skippy said:

Skippy:

Those full ride scholarship numbers are close to the 63 allotment. Anything on partial scholarships to make the total on the team of 63?

Great info Skippy! Thx for the data. There is nothing representing year 2014, so simply based on these numbers (excluding 2014) Skippy provided we are missing a grand total of 39.5 scholarships.

demian said:
PBP:

Demian:

You were misinformed.

Kramer was hired in November 2010.

Since November 19, 2012 we have had a full allotment of scholarships of 63. Only two years of scholarship cuts due to Apr sanctions.

When a player scholarship is not renewed or if that scholarship player leaves on his own that scholarship becomes readily available.

Look for some players scholarships not to be renewed and look for some scholarship players leaving on their own by the end of this semester. Happens every year.

Also look for walk-ons currently on the team that have proven to be a scholarship player or has good grades to be given scholarships as that improves the APR's. Walk ons that do not have scholarships are not part of the APR's on the team.

I hope I answered your questions but please correct me if I am wrong.

Kramer runs his program the way he wants too. Nothing wrong with that. As a fan I would like to see the team win more games. I think Kramer and his coaching staff want to win. Can you imagine being a senior on the team and have losing seasons other than the 2014 season? Not just having a losing season but only winning one or two games a year? That is no fun...

Thanks very much UP: very good answers by you.

demian said:
Skippy said:

Skippy:

Those full ride scholarship numbers are close to the 63 allotment. Anything on partial scholarships to make the total on the team of 63?

Great info Skippy! Thx for the data. There is nothing representing year 2014, so simply based on these numbers (excluding 2014) Skippy provided we are missing a grand total of 39.5 scholarships.
Sorry in 2014 we had 55.5 full ride equivalents.

Skippy said:

Skippy:

Those full ride scholarship numbers are close to the 63 allotment. I wonder why we are not at the 63 number since the NCAA lifted the sanctions against us in November, 2012?
Don't know but I will say it's not unusual for schools to be below their scholarship limits --Idaho has been at 71 or below during the same timeframe (their limit is 85 as an FBS school). Boise State has been at their limit the last two years, but in 2012 they were down to 63. I suspect a lot of it has to do with attrition rates -- you may lose a particularly large senior class and have some undergraduate transfers or kids quit, but you are only allowed to award x number of new scholarships in any given year.

Skippy said:
demian said:
Skippy said:

Skippy:

Sorry in 2014 we had 55.5 full ride equivalents.

Skippy:

Do you know why we are not at the 63 allotment number since the NCAA lifted scholarship cuts since November 2012?

Latest posts

Back