• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Kramer's Recruiting Classes

Skippy

One week before signing day, I thought it would be fun to look back at the first four ISU recruiting classes under Mike Kramer. I'll break them out by year. Here's his first. I compiled these lists by going back to the signing day news releases, and then addding other players who were on the roster last year. Feel free to add to the list if I missed anybody who has subsequently left the program, gone on a mission, etc.

2011 Class

High School Players
Colin Andrus, OL, Idaho Falls
Levi Altringer, QB, Meridian
Tyler Graves, DL, Fruitland
Demetrious Allen, LB, Miami
Kyle Jones, DL, Caldwell
Ed Pritchett, DB, Georgia
Brad Kragthorpe, QB, Oklahoma
Derek Berry, LB, Washington
Jim Bagley, OL, Meridian
Aaron Prier, RB/WR, California
C.J. Langlow, LB, Washington
Cody Sorensen, DB, Washington
Christian Diehm, OL, California
Tyler Graves, DL/TE, Fruitland
Chris Edwards, DL, Meridian

Four-Year Transfers
Anthony Boyles, WR, Washington
Austin Graves, DL, Washington State

JUCO Players
Jarrod Daniels, WR, Modesto JC
Kevin Yost, QB, Glendale College
Donovan Henley, DB, Glendale College
Derek Graves, WR, San Jacquin Delta College
Cameron Richmond, WR, Santa Rose JC
Justin Arias, College of the Canyons

Overall Class Rating: B. This was the “class of the quarterback” --- Kevin Yost had two excellent seasons as the starter, followed by Justin Arias’ terrific two seasons. Jim Bagley started 38 games at tackle during his career. Austin Graves was the team’s best pass rusher most of his career. Various other players from this group saw time as starters. And we’re still waiting to see what Kyle Jones will bring to the table.

Here's the 2012 class:

2012 Class

High School Players
DeShawn Perkins, DB, Utah
Colin Prestesater, OL, California
Kai Campbell, WR, Pocatello
Kurt Karstetter, LB, Washington
Xavier Finney, RB, California
Patrick Ryan, DL, Pocatello
Broc Malcom, WR, Alabama
Drew Sharkey, DL, Washington
Devin Benjamin, WR, California
Hayden Stout, RB/LB, Meridian
Wesley Wingrove, OL, Georgia
Taison Manu, DB, Pocatello
Matt Lewis, OL, Salt Lake City
Montana Gessell, OL, Highland
Cody Abbott, OL, Meridian
Marcus Reaves, WR, Alabama
KW Williams, WR, Washington
Braeden Mitchell, RB, Idaho Falls (Walk-on)
Travis Namohala, OL, Hawaii
Tyler Wright, TE, Mountain Home
Josh Cook, TE, California

Four-Year Transfers
Terrance Carey, OL, Florida State

Overall Class Grade: “B.” This class produced a Big Sky rushing champion in Finney, two starting wide-outs in Malcom and Williams, two good tight ends in Wright and Cook, two defensive starters in Manu and Stout, and three offensive linemen who have seen a lot of action in Carey, Wingrove and Namohala.

Here is the 2013 class:

Class of 2013

High School Players
Skyler Phillips, OL, Oregon
Thomas Vazorka, OL, Washington
Sage Burmeister, WR, California
Chase Collins, OL, Washington
James Delacenserie, QB, Utah
Jeremiah Hazard, LB/DL, Couer d’Alene
Mario Jenkins, RB/LB, Nampa
Chris Miedema, OL, Washington
Cristan Morris, RB, Oregon
Cole Robinson, WR, California
Thomas Ryan, LB, Pocatello
Colton Shreve, TE, Pocatello
Dominec Toliver, WR, California
Dakota Wilson, OL, South Fremont
Micah Breland, LB, Washington
Chad Hansen, WR, California
Michael Tate, WR, Washington
Trae Pilster, QB, Blackfoot (walk-on)
Nikko Hayes, RB, California (walk-on)
Zak Johnson, K, Meridian (walk-on)
Drew Spanner, OL, Meridian

Four-Year Transfers
Madison Mangum, WR, BYU
CJ Hatchett, WR, Montana
Jordan Pili, DL, BYU
Tyler Kuder, DL, Montana Western
Brandon Golden, DB, Washington State

JUCO Players
Robby Mackesey, LB/DL, Rochester JC
Nick Albano, LB/DL, Rochester (Minn.)JC
PJ Gremaud, LB, Ventura JC
Erik Nelson, DL/LB, Saddleback JC
Jakori Ford, RB, American River JC (walk-on)
Vai Peko, DB, Cerritos College JC

Overall Class Grade: “A” Mangum has developed into one of the best wide receivers in the conference. The four JC linebackers all played significant roles as defensive ends/linebackers. Kuder is a solid starter at nose tackle. Johnson is the starting kicker. Phillips is already one of the best offensive linemen in the conference, and Vazorka has gotten significant playing time when other OL have gone down with injury. Jenkins was the Big Sky freshman of the year, and a finalist for the Jerry Rice Award as a redshirt freshman starter at linebacker. Hansen had a terrific freshman year before transferring to Cal. Peko started at DB. And there are still plenty of other players who will likely dent the two-deep before their careers are over.

Class of 2014

High School Players
Tanner Gueller, QB, Washington
Hagen Graves, WR, Nampa
Nate Page, TE, Pocatello
Andy Burtenshaw, LS, Pocatello
Coleston Collins, LB, Washington
Austin Ferguson, LB, Pocatello
Nick Jones, WR, California
Cory Hollowell, DB, California
Jake Hoggan, OL, Driggs
Spencer Harshman, LB, Boise
Brian Fineanganofo, OL, California
Larry Tharpe, DL, Texas
Joe Martin, DB, Washington
Anthony Ricks, DB, California
James Madison, DB, California
Tate Razor, TE, Washington
Tucker Louie-McGee, WR, Coeur d’Alene

Four-Year Transfers
Daniel Roundtree, DB, SMU
Austin Schroeder, LB, Northern Montana

JUCO Players
Tavonte Jackson, DB, Santa Barbara JC
Kamino Ward, DB, San Bernadino JC
Khary Livingston-Coleman, DB, College of Sequoias (JC)
Erik Collins, DB, New Jersey
Jake Belnap, LS, Saddleback JC

Returned to Football After Baseball Career
Cody Anderson, DL, Shelley

Overall Class Grade: “Incomplete.” Hagen Graves was really the only member of this class who contributed significantly last season, although Erik Collins had three interceptions, and the other DBs saw some time in the defensive backfield. Graves looks like he will be a terrific wide receiver during his ISU career. It remains to be seen who else from this group will be impact players, but Gueller will have every opportunity to win the starting quarterback job this season.

Interesting information. I am wondering now what the recruiting grade ISU has v.s. The rest of the confrence, i.e. who each of the last 4 seasons got the top rated recruiting class. Looks like the trend is working upwards, honestly IMO, if it even mattered, we are trending upwards each year on recruiting, and by far I like like this years footage best.

I look forward to Bengal domination!

I can tell you who else from the 2014 class will be a standout. Cory Hollowell. 6'3 CB .three years in trinity league in high school. Beaten just twice.

Eric hollowell said:
I can tell you who else from the 2014 class will be a standout. Cory Hollowell. 6'3 CB .three years in trinity league in high school. Beaten just twice.
Looking forward to it, Mr. H :thumb:

Orange Lutheran is a great program. It is exciting to see the programs from where we are recruiting players. I am excited to see Eric play.

Latest posts

Back