• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Krosch Eligible

votb

Per e-mail from Sports Information Department...

The Idaho State University Athletic Department received notification today from the NCAA that the Progress Towards Degree waiver filed by the Institution on behalf of Kelvin Krosch was approved.

The determination of this ruling allows Krosch to compete effective immediately. Head Coach John Zamberlin is available for interviews (with the media) on the topic.

Hey, Jer, has Krosch been practicing with the team all along? It would be great if he's kept up enough to be effective Saturday. Good news.

I don't believe he's been practicing with the team, although I believe he has been working at getting into shape.
He's at all of their practices, and I am just guessing that even though he can now practice...he won't get very many reps this week...but they'll break him in as quickly as possible. All just speculation on my part. I'd recommend fans keep their eyes on media outlets for more info.

It is great news--THIS WAS EXPECTED. The appeal was pretty convincing.

Also--I heard that Phil Pleasant will be making the move over from DB to WR.

From the Journal:

Idaho State junior wide receiver Kelvin Krosch, who was ruled ineligible for the 2010 season last spring due to Progress Toward Degree issues, has won his petition with the NCAA and will be eligible to play against Northern Arizona on Saturday at Holt Arena.

ISU head football coach John Zamberlin said the announcement is a positive for his program, and a chance for Krosch to prove his abilities not only on the field, but in the classroom.

I would like to commend the academic support team at Idaho State for helping Kelvin win his appeal with the NCAA. It is also refreshing to know that the NCAA is not in the business of denying kids eligibility when the academic issue was not entirely the fault of the student athlete.

From what I understand ISU was really hoping to have Krosch for the Northern Colorado game. But they are happy to have him a week later as opposed to not having him at all.

This whole deal was never really about academics. This had more to do with medical problems and less to do with academic issues.

It saddens me how fast ISU was, to get the negative out there about Krosch. When in reality, they knew Kelvin was on target, with a good GPA and classes towards his degree. I have been told that a math class he took this summer online, and passed, was not going to be accredited? Was that the problem? I heard he had been told it would be ok to take the class by his counselor.

I am a huge fan of ISU football, but it is hard to swallow all the negativity. It would have been so easy to say he wasn't playing for medical reasons, considering he had a couple surgeries this summer, and was struggling to get healthy again. If the waiver from the NCAA was turned down then of course a press release would be necessary.

I have watched Krosch practice and play and it is hard for me to believe that he doesn't try just as hard in the classroom, as he does on the football field.

I hope all of us show up to cheer Kelvin & the Bengals on to their 1st Win!!!! Nothing but positive from here on out! GO BENGALS!

How come nobody is commenting on today's story in the Post Register? It was an interview with Kelvin, and he said he flunked a math class last spring. To his credit, he took a math class this summer through the University of Idaho. He passed that class, but he still wasn't eligible until those credits went through a little over a week ago. So yeah, it WAS really an academic issue.

I'm glad he'll be playing the rest of year. So sad that people used his case to further their own negative agendas by not being completely honest about what really transpired.

JJB said:
How come nobody is commenting on today's story in the Post Register? It was an interview with Kelvin, and he said he flunked a math class last spring. To his credit, he took a math class this summer through the University of Idaho. He passed that class, but he still wasn't eligible until those credits went through a little over a week ago. So yeah, it WAS really an academic issue.

I'm glad he'll be playing the rest of year. So sad that people used his case to further their own negative agendas by not being completely honest about what really transpired.

Partially correct. What hasn't been told in the story is why the credits took so long to go through and the reason the appeal was accepted. ;) Idaho State had it on good authority that the appeal would be granted, the real question was if he would be ready to go all out physically. How do I know? Because I do.

Welcome aboard and thanks for the first post.

Post Register Article:

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/Krosch-feeling-stronger-39893588

Latest posts

Back