• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Late Signing Period Begins This Week

Skippy

The late signing period for basketball begins Wednesday, and runs through May 20. By my reckoning, ISU has one early signee (Ali Faruqbey), one commitment (Gary Chivichyan), and two more scholarships to give. That's assuming that Clark Wilkinson is returning from his mission next fall, and that no one with eligibility leaves the program.

There is very little buzz regarding ISU recruiting targets so I'm assuming the coaches are still out beating the bushes for late signees. I'd love to see ISU pursue Leo Behrend of Century High -- he definitely needs a redshirt year, but I think he's got as much athletic upside as the other two local stars, he's just not as refined. I know the staff is largely focused on finding JUCOs who can contribute immediately, but I'd love to see them invest in Behrend as a long-term project. I don't think they're going to solve the many obvious problems with next year's rosters with the two scholarships they have left this signing period, anyway, so I'd invest in a local kid with a lot of athletic ability.

I believe signing period begins Wednesday, April 15th and runs until May 20th. Not a big deal, but I wouldn't waste any time standing next to the fax machine today or tomorrow.

JJB said:
I believe signing period begins Wednesday, April 15th and runs until May 20th. Not a big deal, but I wouldn't waste any time standing next to the fax machine today or tomorrow.

You are correct, JJB. I jumped a year ahead on the dates. I have corrected my post accordingly. Thanks.

Understandable, Skippy. A lot of basketball fans would like to put this year behind us and jump to next year already. :wink:

I'd really like to get behind Evans. Very respectable person, and has been nice to me in my brief encounters. That being said: the recruiting is at a D level right now. We have slept on 2 E Idaho talents in Telly Davenport and Jai Jai Ely, both out of IF, and now, we have no chance with davenport, as UVU, Portland & Stetson have all offered this week. Right now!, as a HS senior, Davenport is a much better scoring threat than anything ISU had this year, not named Chris Hansen. I'm not ready to give ISU hoops a death sentence. We all thought the football program was gone forever. Strong as ever now. Hoops is a much easier fix than football. Hopefully we can find the right ingredients soon. Winning, in EVERY single sport, is attainable at ISU.

the last two coaching searches were compete jokes. the talent pool, or lack of it, this last time around showed the effects of the first search. no integrity in either search. no confidence in the next one, and thanks to tingey and friends, the talent pool will be even worse for the next go around. isu bball is fucked for a long time.

Latest posts

Back