• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Latest WAC News

PBP

Monday night CBS Sportsline had a story from their college football writer which stated (paraphrasing) that EVERY school in the current WAC has either contacted or been contacted by the new Mountain West - CUSA alignment regarding future prospects towards entry.

I followed up on this by contacting a source who works in an authority position at a MWC school. They told me the plan is they are going to take Utah State and Louisiana Tech. USU will be slotted in the division with other former MWC schools. Texas El-Paso will also be moved from the CUSA group into that one. La. Tech will go into the former CUSA group.

When asked about some of the remaining WAC schools the response was (paraphrasing) 'we have no interest in Idaho and don't want San Jose State.'

You can be sure the Big Sky knows what's going on here. Take it for what it's worth.

PBP

More WAC news.... according to the Times News, Idaho should go back to the Big Sky.

http://magicvalley.com/sports/college/column-tough-call-awaits-u-of-i-athletics-future/article_0bcee4ee-7892-11e1-b01c-001871e3ce6c.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SLCBengal said:
Not really WAC news, but Pacific is set to announce today that they are leaving the Big West Conference for the West Coast Conference. Do Sacramento State and/or San Jose State make a push to put all of their sports in the Big West (other than football)...?

Read more: Stockton Record: Pacific to leave Big West for West Coast Conference
Many Hornet fans would love to but it won’t happen. The Big West will be at 8 members when Pacific leaves and then 10 when SDSU and Hawaii add their Oly sports in 2 years. Pacific leaving doesn’t really open a spot for anyone. Plus I have no idea if the BSC would give us the same deal they give the other CA FCS schools.

My guess is the BW would make a spot for SJSU when the WAC folds and if SJSU is passed over by the MWC or whatever that alliance will call themselves. If Fresno State lands a Big East football only invite they might go for BW as well for Oly sports. The BW potentially has plenty of options if they ever do decide to expand beyond 10.
:twocents:

I think the Big Sky let Cal Poly and Davis in as affiliate members mostly to keep them from going to the WAC, and let them stay in the Big West for everything else to sweeten the deal.

This is more basketball related, but talked to a buddy who said the WAC tournament in Las Vegas was a huge bust. AND with Fresno State and Nevada leaving this year, there wouldn't be a surprise if they let a member school host it again. Don't be surprised if Boise State "buys" it once they are in the WAC, like they did the Big Sky tournament back in the 90's.

How bad was attendance? The Big Sky women's championship in Pocatello drew more fans than the WAC's men's AND women's championship games combined!

Wow that’s pretty sad. The WAC had respectable hoops in recent past too. I guess this is exactly why the BSC doesn’t have the hoops tournaments at a neutral site (however the WAC doesn’t have any members anywhere near Vegas). Although it would be interesting to see the BSC have a regional city host the tournament (SLC or Spokane for example) to see how it would work out.

SDHornet said:
Wow that’s pretty sad. The WAC had respectable hoops in recent past too. I guess this is exactly why the BSC doesn’t have the hoops tournaments at a neutral site (however the WAC doesn’t have any members anywhere near Vegas). Although it would be interesting to see the BSC have a regional city host the tournament (SLC or Spokane for example) to see how it would work out.

I think if a neutral site idea for the BSC was to work, the Sky would have to start with adding all the schools, because with them only allowing 6 now going to be 7 schools out of 11, people can never know who's gonna make it into the conf tourney till the very end, makes it kinda hard to buy tickets ahead of time.

Latest posts

Back