• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Legends of the Bengals...

lockanth

I was reading in the alumni magazine about Benny the Bengal.I was surprised to hear that his antics were not always PG rated. It mentioned one instance in particular with the vandals cheerleaders but the article does not state what the Bengal did.

Has anyone heard this legend before? I want to know what he did to get revenge!

Also I find these stories very entertaining so any other legends of "the Bengal"are also welcome.

The Benny reaction was funny. Benny tackled a Vandal cheerleader, climbed on her while she was face down, and began to perform a sexual act. As I recall that was the end of that individuals time as the Benny the Bengal. The crowd loved it except for a few Vandals in attendance. You had to be there to appreciate the scene.

I have that alum magazine as well, and the mascot was Cal Percy of Blackfoot, who was the mascot in the late 60's. I've just heard from a few sources that he just slammed the cheerleader down and kissed her, but it wasn't any sexual act. Did anyone else hear the same thing? The article said that 'he survived his antics of the day and remained the mascot', but he had to plead his case before the State Board -- contrary to what you said.

...the way I heard it was....the cheerleader (I heard it was BSU cheerleader) was sitting on the floor with her knees up and her arms around her knees....Cal Percy knocked her arms away and "pounced"....whether to kiss her....or more...I don't know....BUT he DID NOT " survive " as the Bengal Tiger after he pounced.....I KNOW that is a fact...because the position became quickly available and I was asked to serve as the tiger until they could figure out what they were going to do.....and I did .....for a year and a half..........contrary to what any article says...... :coffee:

This is great. The most "controversial " thingI ever got to witness was Benny in a speedo swimming across reed gym on a skateboard... It was after the 08 Olympics and Micheal Phelps was the big athlete of the day.

Pretty tame compared to tackling a cheerleader.

Nobody much cares about the mascot, traditionally something lame. The Mascot of the Year brought some attention to the job. Benny did one hell of a job. :thumb: Missoula had the same experience, TWICE! Interaction with the crowd, homemade vídeos, on field skits, all made a great game day experience.The original guy went on to be the mascot of the Chicao Bulls. All depends on the one under the costume. It can go from great to lame in one change. One of the successors to'Monte' tipped his Harley over at mid-field during pre-game, and stood there, hopeless, holding his head. Pathetic to watch. Savor the moment!

Latest posts

Back