• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Let's Drop Green & Black

BroadwayVik

Why drop the green? Because it is a UO color. Same for black -- it reminds people of Oregon State.

I, for one, don't want any connection with them as people probably think we're supposed to be some kind of second-fiddle Oregon university in relation to them. Why not choose an original color scheme among the Oregon's big three universities?

Let's be our own original. Why not, say, blue & gold? Positive colors to create a positive university.

Specifically,

-----------Cobalt Blue----------&------------- Fine Gold----------

That way, we resemble UW, using blue rather than purple,

blue and gold are California colors
Color combinations may be used to signify as a matter of tradition, but they don't belong to any team or state. Our adoption of blue and gold would be used to emulate (but not copy) Washington.

With the Vikings struggling financially as it is, undergoing an entire rebranding effort with new colors is beyond prohibitively expensive.

You make a good point. The next uniform cycle go-round would be optimal for the best time to work new unis in, after the campaign era of successful transition. A brighter image is something that will need to be earned, not taken overnight.

Right now, the as-is uniforms are good for the "Viks Militant," our contemporary Transition Fighters. The uniforms now are appropriate for the team to fight for the right to glorious uniforms for their future Viks.

Let this be our focus in the meantime,

--------Bison Thundar-------vs------Viking Vic------------

Bison Thundar: So you really think you can challenge us for the title?

Viking Vic: Hmm. You know, the more I think about it -- I'm thinking more and more that it is within the realm of possibility.

The reason to post this is to understand the average Portlander's view of Seattle (sporting-wise) and many things Washington, as something to keep in mind the next time you talk about emulating them.

timbers-sounders-rlrmk4r3468jpg-e65903b8a31fe438.jpg

I'm not from here originally. I admit I am speaking from a non-native point-of-view. Could you explain what that relationship is? There are certain idiocyncracies that would be good to be aware of.

Is there like hate for all things Washington? If so, why? Aren't we all part of Cascadia here?

Pounder said:
The reason to post this is to understand the average Portlander's view of Seattle (sporting-wise) and many things Washington, as something to keep in mind the next time you talk about emulating them.

Seahawks, anyone?

Latest posts

Back