• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Let's not lose our character

DS30

There's plenty of debate about coaching and wins or losses, and I enjoy the conversation and search for solutions there, but I want to bring something else to the table for a moment...

As I was watching our Bengals play Northern Colorado tonight I was suprised by the number of fans that wanted to challenge nearly every call that went against the Bengals. Even when a call was made in favor of the bengals, the ref. would hear "finally got one right for a change!" or "Nice to see you decided to watch the game this time down the court!". In my opinion CONSTANTLY jeering the referees is a case of bad taste and bad judgment. I've booed plenty of calls playing the game and as a spectator, and thinking back, I don't remember any occasion when getting down on a ref EVER helped the situation, but I can think of too many where it hurt it. Ya, calls can sometimes seem horrible, but I ask you, after hearing "boo" and "you're horrible" from the crowd for 30 minutes, do you think the officiating crew is more or less likely to give the Bengals calls in the final 10 minutes?

How are we supoorting the bengals when we come to a game and get the refs. turned against our home team? If you want to say something, tell the ref "good call" when he makes a good call, and eat your hat when he doesn't. Doesn't it make us sound like sore losers? I think whether we are winning or losing, it's important to win with class, and lose with class. That can easily apply to the fans too. That doesn't mean be meak or timid. I played once against the Kansa Jay Hawks (heard of that team??), and I walked away from that game with a strong memory not about the sell out crowd, and not about the national championship calliber athletes I just competed against, but about how classy the players, coaches, and fans all acted. (granted they did just win by 20 or so points! lol)

We may lose games, but let's not lose our character as well.

Nice post, I have noticed the same behavior from fans. In many ways, I wonder if this is just frustration from many years of bad seasons. BSC refereeing is not always good but it is usually consistently mediocre not favoring one team over another.

Nothing against your post DS30, but if the refs are calling alot of bogus calls like they were on Monday the fans will get pissed. I have been to and watched Weber games when they play in Logan, and the calls always go in favor of the Aggies, I get very upset when its completely obvious that the refs are one sided, the game is suppossed to be fair and when one team is being taken out by poor officiating, its really depressing.

To me watching the game it looked like the refs were really trying to baby Beitzle, I mean he goes inside and a Bengal strips the ball out of his hands and they call ISU for a reaching foul? yeah It was that bad. The refs would not let ISU play defense against Beitzle.

Latest posts

Back