• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Liberty to offer Full Cost of Attendance

dbackjon

Sources told FootballScoop tonight that Liberty, an FCS program located in Lynchburg Virginia, will become the first FCS program to provide “cost of attendance” dollars to their athletes.

Following the “power five” conferences’ lead, Liberty, which has been rumored to be looking to move up, is taking the bold step of possibly being the only FCS program to cover these costs, which some estimates project at nearly $2 million to the university.

Sources tell FootballScoop that Liberty has begun to inform their student athletes of the decision and will begin making the payments this Fall.

Turner Gill’s program went 9-5 on the field last season, losing in the second round of the NCAA playoffs.

Will update as more becomes clear. Stay tuned…

http://footballscoop.com/news/source-liberty-will-be-first-fcs-program-to-provide-cost-of-attendance/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is only the beginning. The little guy could never compete to begin with the big boys and this just ensures that.

I realize that student-athletes give up an enormous amount of their time, effort, heart, soul, blood, sweat and tears for the university that they represent. I also realize that big schools are making a shit ton of cash off 18-22 year olds playing games. But I also realize that on some level or other, student athletes are getting partial or full tuition, room and board, meal plan and tutoring provided to them as part of the deal.

Latest posts

Back