• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Live and Die by the 3

sasquatch

Ouch. Still no tournament win as we lose to lower seed SUU.

Not only was the 3 shot not there, but it seemed like layup after layup was missed.

Now what? Who goes? Who stays? Is Gary's condition an injury or sickness? He missed the last 3 weeks, and I didn't see Kimberly at the game either.

Watched the game tonight and they were badly hurt by foul trouble in the first half. So. Utah made that late first half run which turned a two point deficit into a six point lead at the break then scored the first six points of the second half.

To big of a hole to dig out from.

Stutzman wasn't on tonight from three point range to be sure but the loss wasn't specifically his doing.

Both Gary and Kimberly were left in Pocatello. I have heard Gary has an illness.

PBP

I don't mean to be too obvious, but in every broadcast since the Idaho game (Idaho, Eastern Washington, Montana State, Montana and tonight against SUU) I have announced that Gary Chivichian has been out with an illness. He went on the road trip to the Montana schools but was too sick to play and ill to the point the coaches sent him home from Missoula while the rest of the team came to Reno, which I also talked about in our broadcasts. I also mentioned during both games last week and tonight that Kimberly was home with a bad ankle. I have no idea if the Journal writes about missing or injured players or not. I do know not everybody chooses to listen to our radio broadcasts, some people can't, but all of our game audio is online live unless there's an internet problem or a mixup with the Stretch Internet schedule. In a situation like the tournament where the Big Sky uses its own announcers for the BigSkyTV/Pluto broadcasts they are announcers that haven't followed any one team during the season, or maybe haven't even done one broadcast all season long until the tournament starts. Sorry you've had to go that long without knowing what's been going on.

SUU springs upset for a second straight year with win over ISU
https://skylinesportsmt.com/suu-springs-upset-for-a-second-straight-year-with-win-over/

LISTEN: Southern Utah 7, Idaho State 68
https://skylinesportsmt.com/press-conference-southern-utah-76-idaho-state-68/

votb said:
I don't mean to be too obvious, but in every broadcast since the Idaho game (Idaho, Eastern Washington, Montana State, Montana and tonight against SUU) I have announced that Gary Chivichian has been out with an illness. He went on the road trip to the Montana schools but was too sick to play and ill to the point the coaches sent him home from Missoula while the rest of the team came to Reno, which I also talked about in our broadcasts. I also mentioned during both games last week and tonight that Kimberly was home with a bad ankle. I have no idea if the Journal writes about missing or injured players or not. I do know not everybody chooses to listen to our radio broadcasts, some people can't, but all of our game audio is online live unless there's an internet problem or a mixup with the Stretch Internet schedule. In a situation like the tournament where the Big Sky uses its own announcers for the BigSkyTV/Pluto broadcasts they are announcers that haven't followed any one team during the season, or maybe haven't even done one broadcast all season long until the tournament starts. Sorry you've had to go that long without knowing what's been going on.

The Journal also mentioned both Gary and Callum's unavailability in their pre-game story.
https://idahostatejournal.com/members/isu-mbb-bengals-look-to-reverse-tournament-fortunes-against-southern/article_05e0cea8-0238-55ff-97bd-85e7bf8fe15d.html

Easy there, Jerry. First, no, I don't listen to your audio cast during away games. Maybe if it was synced up with the video provided by the away team, I'd try. But I've tried in the past, and it hasn't worked.

Second, perhaps I should have phrased it better, but I knew Gary had been battling an illness. I was under the assumption at first that it was the flu, but 3 weeks later, it's obviously not that. It obviously is a medical condition which cost him the rest of the season. I realize there are privacy laws, but at this point, I think it's realistic for Bengal fans to wonder if it's career threatening, or whether it's something like Mono. I saw him in Montana, and the last I heard from Evans, he was planning on going with the team to Reno.

Third, regarding Kimberly. I knew he was batting injuries all season, but he was usually dressed. I was surprised not to see him in Reno. Again, I don't listen to every second of your audio, and during last night's game, the announcers didn't say anything regarding players being absent - at least that I heard.

Fourth, I wasn't calling out any one player for the loss. NOBODY was hitting 3's. Gary was missed last night. Evan's puzzling subbing pattern continued, although he was forced in some regard because of fouling trouble.

Latest posts

Back