• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Live by the three...

Skippy

Bengals leading Westminster by just a point at half after making just 2 of 15 from three point range. Free throw shooting is keeping ISU ahead at this juncture ( 19 of 23).

Shooting was atrocious -- 25% (13% from the 3). I guess the positive is ISU still won despite of it...

...die by the three. Fortunately we were playing a D2 team and still win. The game was terrible for flow. Neither team could get anything going because the refs wouldn't let em play. I've never seen SO MANY fouls called. Pretty hard to play fast paced basketball when there's a whistle (needed or not) every 15 seconds. 17 fouls for Westminster and 16 for ISU in the second half alone.

Lots of rule changes with college Ball, refs are going to call a lot more fouls due to them, they are not letting guards defend as physical anymore, a hand on the hip or a slight push is a touch foul now, a bump in the key is a foul, not too mention how many illegal screens they are calling. You can still play fast, you just need to adjust, take advantage of you are a step ahead of the defender. The shooting will be there; Idaho st was missing Chivichyan today, from what I have been hearing he is their best shooter and very athletic, he will contribute to this team. They had a few good looks today, they just missed the shots that they made last week.. I expect a good performance by them next week.

Where was Gary last night? They certainly could have used his shooting. Nwoshu and Faruq-bey had horrible shooting numbers. After two games (small sample size) those two are proving to be high volume-low efficiency shooters. Looks like Geno had a good night, that's good to see. Another key will be our bigs developing. Ben Wilson had 13 rebounds, but we've got to get some kind of offensive contributions from him, Novak, Smith and Lennox.

I hope the Bengals won't try to use last night's game as a recruiting tool or a sales pitch for tickets to this season's games. I don't know how good Westminster is but they looked pretty good overall against an inept team that couldn't shoot or defend very well. If last night is any indication, Bengal basketball will have a very long season - the tradiition lives on.
And, what gives with Mr. Temper Tantrum #22 aka Ali Faruq-Bey? He goes running off the court ripping off his tape and actually exits the gym and has to be retrieved to the bench by an assistant coach. Then gets fouled in the lane and gets his own "T". :thumbdown: Shoot 2 for the foul and then give them 2 shots plus the ball. Just another project for the coaching staff to work on, I guess.

Yes, I agree that kinda baby BS by a player is irritating. I was yelling at Evan's to pull his ass out of the game. I hate it when kids act like thugs.

notabengalalum said:
I hope the Bengals won't try to use last night's game as a recruiting tool or a sales pitch for tickets to this season's games. I don't know how good Westminster is but they looked pretty good overall against an inept team that couldn't shoot or defend very well.

Westminster was picked to finish 15th by the coaches in the 16 team RMAC.

In other news, a lot of d1 teams lose too lower teams in these exhibition games. Case in point, the Aggies lost too Monterey bay , another d2 school , 77-61. St. John, was blown off the court by a d2 team, auburn barely won theirs against a much lower ranked school 104-99... We have to remember many teams are at their worst now considering no real games have been played with a month or so of practice. In Isu case , it's practically a brand new team, so we need to be patient. But I am not one bit alarmed at some of these scores I see of other d1 schools barely squeaking our wins against d2,d3 and naia programs. We shouldn't judge off one game, they missed a lot of shots I believe will go in , in other games.

Remember, some of these kids hadn't practiced all week due to injury and other issues. This team will be okay.

Gary DNP...Coach's Decision. After the first game vs. Montana Tech, Coach Evans had a very long talk with Gary and his father...alone on the other side of the gym. Don't know why, but some lessons are often better learned from the bench.

You speak as if your one of the coaches,Either way lesson learned or not, let's hope him missing that game made him learn his lesson, but let's shy away from bashing players, I already saw it twice on this board. Calling out Ali's behavior when you clearly state Dont no why, but some lessons are learned on the bench,I still see it as an assumption. . If the kid was to be taught a lesson, it's encouraging too know that he had a talk with his coaches, And he was out the most recent game and ready to move on forward. You were all young adults too once I believe, if he did make a mistake, then he can learn from it in many ways.

Let's stick to basketball comments only and not single out people, not so mature is it? It's a basketball board not a behavior contest. Isu needs all their players healthy and on the court , they can muster up some wins and get some sort of a following.

Wow! What was that about????????

I didn't say anything about Ali at all. All I responded to was the inquiry about why Chivichian didn't play vs. Westminster. I pointed out a private conversation Coach had with Gary and his dad after the Montana Tech game. Then I noticed before the Westminster game that GC was in street clothes, and when I asked Coach Evans about it on the pregame show, he simply said that GC wasn't dressed for the game and would not play..."Coach's decision." Had it been some sort of injury, Coach would have said so...he always does. I apologize if my insinuation that a coach's decision not to play an otherwise healthy player must have been disciplinary offended you.

Maybe I misread your reaction. If I did...again, apologies.

cscsbballcoach said:
You speak as if your one of the coaches,Either way lesson learned or not, let's hope him missing that game made him learn his lesson, but let's shy away from bashing players, I already saw it twice on this board. Calling out Ali's behavior when you clearly state Dont no why, but some lessons are learned on the bench,I still see it as an assumption. . If the kid was to be taught a lesson, it's encouraging too know that he had a talk with his coaches, And he was out the most recent game and ready to move on forward. You were all young adults too once I believe, if he did make a mistake, then he can learn from it in many ways.

Let's stick to basketball comments only and not single out people, not so mature is it? It's a basketball board not a behavior contest. Isu needs all their players healthy and on the court , they can muster up some wins and get some sort of a following.

If you are a former coach, friend. parent or family member your going to need to have a thicker skin to enjoy your time here.

What VOTB said was mentioned in the pregame interview.

As for Ali--if he doesn't act like a thug he won't be referred to as one. Of course kids deserve a second chance and make mistakes from time to time. So do posters.

People are not looking for a moral compass when they visit a fan message board. They are looking for a place to vent, 2nd guess, complain, 2nd guess some more and to discuss every topic imaginable regarding the team they support.

Latest posts

Back