• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Local Kids

BengalSapper

I was watching the Highland and Meridian playoff game on the internet and started looking at the roster and these players stood out. I did a little looking around on the recruiting sites and found a little information. Has anyone seen these guys play in person? How talented are they? Any info if ISU has talked to or formal recruited any of them? From what I could tell some of these kids have pretty good grades (3.5 GPA) or better. ISU needs to go after some of these players. I have been looking and have found at least 15 kids from Idaho with decent stats and good grades. BSU is not taking as many Idaho kids this gives ISU a chance at picking up better local talent. If Kramer wants to keep and gain support he has got to go after some more Idaho talent.

Hayden Stout
Meridian, ID
School: Meridian High School
Height: 6' 2"
Class: 2012 Weight: 195 lbs.
Potential Major: Civil Engineering, General
Academic Information
Classes have included:
Honors English (9-11 grade), Honors US History, Spanish II - III - IV, Honors Algebra II, Honors Pre-Calculus, Advanced Placement Calculus, Honors Biology, Honors Earth Science, Chemistry, Advanced Placement US History
Football Honors
Idaho Statesman - Varsity Extra Athlete of the Week (September 12-17, 2011) 26-200 yds, 4TD's. 2010 Southern Idaho Conference, All Conference - 2nd Team 2010 Southern Idaho Conference, Academic All SIC Award (4.0 GPA) Idaho Statesman - Varsity Extra Athlete of the Week (October 4-9, 2010) 24-244 yds, 5 TD's. 2009 Southern Idaho Conference, All Conference - Honorable Mention 2009 Southern Idaho

Cody Abbott
Meridian, ID
School: Meridian High School Sport: football
Height: 6' 3"
Class: 2012 Weight: 250 lbs. POS: OG
Potential Major: Mechanical Engineering Conference, Academic All SIC Award (4.0 GPA)

Matt VanOverbeke
Meridian, ID
School: Meridian High School Sport: football
Class: 2012 Weight: 205 lbs.
Potential Major(s):
Category: Computer and Information Sciences
Major 1:Computer and Information Sciences, General
Category: Engineering
Major 2:Engineering, General
Additional Academic Information
Sophmore Year:
5A SIC Academic Honors (4.0 GPA)
Junior Year:
5A SIC Academic Honors (4.0 GPA)

Jordan Ronk
Pocatello, ID
School: Highland High School Sport: football
Height: 6' 2" Class: 2012 Weight: 260 lbs.

Patrick Ryan
Pocatello, ID
School: Highland High School
Height: 6' 4"
Class: 2012 Weight: 245 lbs.
Football Honors
2011 Team Captain
Defensive Player of the week 8-24-11
MVP Rocky Mountain Rumble 9-2-11
Defensive Player of the week 10-07-11, big stick

Fall 2010
Defensive Player of the week 9-11-2010
Defensive Player of the week 9-17-2010
All District 1st Team 2010
All District 2nd Team 2009

Austin McNabb
Pocatello, ID
Class: 2012 Weight: 170 lbs.

Kai Campbell
Pocatello, ID
Height: 6' 0"
Class: 2012 Weight: 180 lbs.

As far as I know...ISU coaches have talked to almost every high school coach in Idaho since they were officially hired. It is against NCAA rules for any coach, or any school official for that matter, to talk about any player they have talked to or have been recruiting. if they so much as drop one name, that's a violation, so it's somewhat fruitless to ask who they're recruiting. However, I think it would be reasonable to say that with a bye week, ISU coaches were out watching as many Idaho high school games as possible this last weekend. Coach Kramer has also made it clear in recent weeks that it would be safe to say that the best players of the upcoming recruiting class will be kids that won't even talk to ISU until after they realize they're not going to land a spot with Boise State, BYU, Utah, etc.

UM has 33 Montana kids on its roster. MSU has 47. We have 28 Idaho kids (including Krosch). BSU has 24. Idaho has 13. Montana population = nearly 1 million. Idaho population = more than 1.5 million. I hope to see 40+ Idahoans on our roster 3 years from now. The talent is there. I think Kramer sees it and is making that part of his master plan. Very excited to see who he brings in this year.

I hope you all don't mind if I chime in on this, as I love and attend a great deal of High School football games around the area. I can tell you that this staff is very interested in many players from Idaho, and it being a talent-heavy class at Poky & Highland, they are recruiting and have offered several players from Highland & Poky.. To protect our recruiting interests and integrity, if you want to know who they are or anything about the type of players they are, inbox me.. I will say this, there is a true diamond in the rough that we have the inside track on.. I'd love for this team to have 40+ Idaho athletes, and believe that day will be very soon.

Jerron Batts of Poky has been starting since he was a sophomore and looks pretty good to me. I wonder if he's someone that the staff could be recruiting!

Latest posts

Back