• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Look out Georgia!

Wow there are either a lot of new posters on this board all of a sudden, or a lot of folks using different names. In case you haven't heard and don't know what 1981 is referring to:

http://isubengals.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/092909aaa.html

I love this schedule. We have a good chance at starting the season 2-1 or even start 3-0. I know the athletic department is getting a good deal from Utah State that includes a large allotment of tickets. This is a game that we could win next year.

It sure is a hell of a lot better than getting kicked in the balls 4 or 5 times to start the season.

1981 said:
I love this schedule. We have a good chance at starting the season 2-1 or even start 3-0. I know the athletic department is getting a good deal from Utah State that includes a large allotment of tickets. This is a game that we could win next year.

I have a serious question--I think?

Does the football program get a boost in its budget for playing these games. Do they get more dollars for recruiting, do they get more money for assistant coaches, more film equipment and things like that or is it purely goodwill to the whole ISU athletic budget?

I was thinking the same thing cub. Are we playing these games just to balance the budget? I would like to think the athletic department is putting the money towards facility improvements. Does anyone know if we are getting field turf next year?

I have no idea how the revenue from the "money games" is being allocated, but with a 12 percent cut in state support to the athletic department already in place and a 6 percent university-wide cut yet to be distributed, I wonder how much extra cash there really is. I do know on our half-time show on Saturday, Jeff Tingey said the weight room in the Sports Medicine Facility will be redone next spring, and work will begin on a new softball field. But my guess would be that those will be paid for through outside donations. Maybe isusid can enlighten us?

bengalcub said:
I have a serious question--I think?

Does the football program get a boost in its budget for playing these games. Do they get more dollars for recruiting, do they get more money for assistant coaches, more film equipment and things like that or is it purely goodwill to the whole ISU athletic budget?

Depends on who you ask. If you ask anyone on the FB staff, they would probably tell you they don't get enough of their share. If you ask the AD or the fiscal officer, they would probably tell you FB gets enough (or more than enough).

At least the AD was seeking for a $635K+ payday v. UGA, but "settled" on $525K. Combine that will the $200K from USU less the $25K to UM-Western and less the possible $150K to buy out CalPoly, the net should be helpful for the entire ISU athletic budget bottom line.

It helps the overall budget, but football gets a chunk of it....the softball field and weight room will be all privately donated.

ISUSID

Playing Georgia next year is great. The players get to play in a big time SEC stadium against a national power. ISU gets money and advertising of the school in another part of the country where people confuse Idaho, Iowa, and Ohio.(I lived back there - this is true. :lol: ) The games against the big schools can only help recruiting.
It's a winning deal for ISU even if they don't win the game. Good schedule overall for next year, too!

Latest posts

Back