• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Looking Ahead

Skippy

The ISU men and women open regular season play Friday night with a doubleheader: the women playing Colorado Christian at 6, the men taking on Great Falls at 8 (or thereabouts. They are going to clear the gym between games, so trying to get the second one started at 8 sounds a little ambitious to me. And I'll be running from the women's post-game to the men's pre-game, so I hope so. :D ).

In doing my research for the men's game, one thing really stood out: the men are bombing away from 3 like crazy, but their most "active shooters" are their worst so far. None of these stats count because they were in exhibition games, but they do give cause for concern. So far Ethan Telfair, Clint Nwosuh, Ali Faruq-bey and Erik Nakken have taken a combined 46 treys (an average of 23 a game between the four of them) -- and made just 10. That's just under 22 percent. Clearly, Bill Evans and his staff have hitched their star to the three-point shot with this team (ISU is averaging 31 trey attempts a game), but if they are going to be successful, their most frequent gunners are going to have to do a LOT better than that.

The good news is that Gary Chivichyan had a very nice debut (5 of 6 from three), and Geno Luzcando, who made only 28 percent from the arc last year, is off to a hot, 5 of 8 start. It will be interesting to see how the Chivichyan-Bill Evans relationship develops, since the freshman was a "DNP-coach's decision" vs. Westminster last week. I think we're all crossing our fingers this doesn't develop into another Ian Fox situation.

The Bengals are defending the three much better (small sample size, easier competition warnings aside), holding their two exhibition foes to 28 percent from the arc, after giving up 37 percent last year (and a hideous 41 percent to conference foes).

The next two games, against Great Falls and Dickinson State, will be sharpening games, allowing Evans to whittle down his rotation, and hopefully helping the Bengals adjust to the new, tighter rules interpretations. (ISU has committed 46 fouls in two games, with three DQs -- two by Luzcando). Turnovers have been issue for the suddenly uptempo Bengals, too -- they are averaging 17.5 a contest (as opposed to less than 12 a game last year). ISU is putting up 65 shots a game this year, vs. 52 last season. (Unfortunately, the Bengals' opponents have hoisted 7 more shots than ISU, which is largely a product of all those turnovers).

On the women's side, the Bengals continue to adjust to the loss of Grace Kenyon for the season. Hopefully, Megan Hochstein will be back in the lineup this week. She did not play in the first exhibition contest, and without Kenyon, Megan's size is important this season.

Come on out to Reed Gym tomorrow night and watch the evolution continue for both Bengal squads.

Skippy said:
The ISU men and women open regular season play Friday night with a doubleheader: the women playing Colorado Christian at 6, the men taking on Great Falls at 8 (or thereabouts. They are going to clear the gym between games, so trying to get the second one started at 8 sounds a little ambitious to me. And I'll be running from the women's post-game to the men's pre-game, so I hope so. :D ).

I talked to the ticket office this morning and was told they are NOT going to be clearing the gym between games, and general admission tickets are $7 adults, $6 children, good for both games. The radio show last night also said they'd clear the gym between games.

Can anybody in the know clarify for sure? I'm planning on bringing some people, but I'll be honest, I won't attend both games if there's separate admission to each. From a marketing standpoint, this is a great opportunity for the community to catch BOTH programs at ONE reasonable rate. Clearing the gym and charging two admissions is stupid, in my opinion. UI offered free admission to one of their exhibition games, so I hope we can at least offer ONE ticket to both games.

sasquatch said:
Skippy said:

I talked to the ticket office this morning and was told they are NOT going to be clearing the gym between games, and general admission tickets are $7 adults, $6 children, good for both games. The radio show last night also said they'd clear the gym between games.

Can anybody in the know clarify for sure? I'm planning on bringing some people, but I'll be honest, I won't attend both games if there's separate admission to each. From a marketing standpoint, this is a great opportunity for the community to catch BOTH programs at ONE reasonable rate. Clearing the gym and charging two admissions is stupid, in my opinion. UI offered free admission to one of their exhibition games, so I hope we can at least offer ONE ticket to both games.

This is directly from the ISU news release issued today:

"POCATELLO, Idaho- The Idaho State men's basketball team opens the 2015-16 season on Friday, November 13 at 8 p.m. vs. Great Falls in Reed Gym. The game is a double header as the women play at 6 p.m. The gym will have to be cleared between games."

http://www.isubengals.com/news/2015/11/11/MBB_1111155243.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.isubengals.com/sports/2014/12/1/GEN_1201144515.aspx?path=general" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I dont know why they would clear the gym. On the website under tickets/promotions it shows this game being a pay once get both games double header.

BengalBannMan said:
http://www.isubengals.com/sports/2014/12/1/GEN_1201144515.aspx?path=general
I dont know why they would clear the gym. On the website under tickets/promotions it shows this game being a pay once get both games double header.
Sounds like a communications issue.

Skippy said:
BengalBannMan said:
http://www.isubengals.com/sports/2014/12/1/GEN_1201144515.aspx?path=general
Sounds like a communications issue.
Ok, I'm at reeds gym right now at the volleyball game, and I asked the ticket booth. They said no matter what has been written anywhere, the rules are: buy a ticket to the women's game, and get a men's game ticket for $5.00.

This is the type of miscommunication and disorganization which has to stop. Ridiculous.

What I got from the radio show as well is that two separate admissions are required for both games.

Sasquatch got from the ticket office that it's one $7 ticket for both games.

BengalBannMan got from Reed's ticket office that you can buy a ticket for the women's game and then get a ticket to the men's game for $5.

The ISU ticket office online site says I can purchase a ticket to the men's game for $18.40.
http://ev15.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS%3AIDSU%3ABB15%3ABB1%3A&linkID=idsu&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=MBB&cgc=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For the record, I believe what everybody has posted here. I think that's what has been told.

Am I the only one who thinks this is bat ass crazy? This night should have been marketed as one ticket for both games at a reasonable price. And it should have been marketed weeks ago. No financial, marketing, or communication sense at all.

Really no excuse for this. None.

I agree, bad communication... I wish I could pull up where I read the 2 for 1 deal. (Maybe I'm mistaken, but I'm very sure about it) reading this confusion on my way to the volleyball game I made a point to try to clarify what was REALLY going to happen. So I specifically explained the confusion to them, and asked what to expect. I know the people at the ticket office fairly well, so I'm holding them to what they told me tonight. (I'm sure it'll be the same women tomorrow night at the ticket office at Reeds) I have my season tickets, but if anyone needs, I'll tell them I posted the $5 men's ticket on here and I imagine they'll honor it. Like I said, I HAD A VERY SPECIFIC CONVERSATION ABOUT IT trying to clear this up on the forum.

The athletic department and Marketing department is short on staff, short on funds and over worked.

If you would like to see that changed, donate more money like real fans should.

This is a joke of course.

bengalcub said:
The athletic department and Marketing department is short on staff, short on funds and over worked.

If you would like to see that changed, donate more money like real fans should.

This is a joke of course.

Apparently we need to send some money so that we're able to watch ISU online...

For what it's worth, I'm able to watch Weber State vs USU online... It's frustrating to be an alum/fan not living in the Pocatello area...

Latest posts

Back